+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AI comparison

FORT Regular

AI comparison

i cant believe you are comparing it to AI!! i was soo disappointed with AI2's top 12. carmen. . eww. kimberly was not nearly as strong as some of these people. and julia demato could barely sing! Rickey sounded like he has just sucked on helium!

FAME definalty has more talent, not only do they outnumber the singing talent from AI, they are amazing dancers as well!!!

FORT Fogey

Re: AI comparison

Originally posted by notriplethreat
    FAME definalty has more talent, not only do they outnumber the singing talent from AI, they are amazing dancers as well!!!
    I actually have to agree with that.

Fame honestly does have more talent - better singers, plus they can dance and have stage presence.

Also, Fame's production used a similar format to AI but without the most obnoxious parts of AI - fillers, excessive voting, etc. I am really enjoying this show so far, more than I enjoyed AI (Honestly, I got bored with that show pretty quickly). Just my opinion, of course...

katmando
    Comparing Fame to AI is like trying to compare an apple to an orange.

I don't think the best of the Fame singers can hold a candle to the likes of Ruben, Clay, Trenyce, Kim L and even some of Josh in some of his stronger performances.

While the dancing is excellent, I have found the Fame singers pretty weak personally.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Fade to black

Re: Re: AI comparison

Originally posted by AnnaRHR
    Fame honestly does have more talent - better singers, plus they can dance and have stage presence.
    Better singers? I guess that's purely subjective, but the vocals on FAME leave nothing to be desired when compared to that of the better performers on AI. Dancing/stage presence, yea, most definitely.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    It's hard to pinpoint a "triple threat" because most dancing/singing sensations lip sync during performances. Michael Jackson, J Lo, Britney, and J Timberlake all lip sync for award shows and special tv appearances. When they don't they always sound awful and out of breath IMO.

As for fame, I think that it's really hard to sing and dance. That's why their vocals don't hold a candle to AI performances.

It's for this reason that the show fails for me. You can't see them shine vocally when they're all jumping around, dancing to choreography.

(Judges and host who are bad, not taken under consideration)

I think if you take a performance like Allyson's the other night, where she was not dancing, her vocals just weren't up to the standard of the top performers on AI in my opinion.

I agree with hazy, dancing, stage presence, many of them have bundles of that, but even when they aren't dancing through their performance I really feel the vocals are lacking.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Great thread -

Who from AI could have made the finals of Fame?

Kim C maybe (she said she had dance training?)
    There's no way that any of the others could have, especially Rub or Clay. I find that funny for some reason. The best of AI would be the worst of Fame.

Who from Fame could have made the finals of AI?

Allyson, Harlemm, Lauren, Shannon, and Serena. IMO they all sing better than Carmen, Corey and Charles. Raymond, Moy, and Alex might have made semis.

However, no one from Fame even comes close to singing as well as Clay, Ruben or Kim L.

AI wins for vocals, but Fame wins for total package. I actually think Fame has more people that fit the "pop star" image that Simon Cowell constantly alluded to.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

The talent on FAME is no where near that of American Idol. I think this show is better off focusing on Dancing rather than Singing because those people are not ready yet. The talent on American Idol in terms of singing is by FAR MORE SUPERIOR to that of this show since this show seem to have alot of Kimberley Cs and Charles and that type of singing does not keep me interested

I really miss AI because they had better singers like Kimberley Lock, Clay, Trencye and Rueben. Whereas this show lacks this type of Talent. :rolleyes:

Another thing that bothers me about this show is the Judges sucking up to these contestants and are not truthful about how they really sound, I really miss Simon for this part because he tells it like it is and does not kiss up to any one and that is what the real entertainment industry is like out there.

Overall, this show is barely a shadow of American Idol cause there standards seem to lower (based on the type of contestants the judges approved to go through to the final 12) and the marketing of the show is really poor.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Harlemm and Serena were the only ones who had a decent vocal this time. As with AI, they will undoubtedly get stronger as the competition goes on.
    I love both Ruben and Clay, but it was quite far into the competition before they even moved a muscle onstage. The dance talent for AI sucked big time this time around. Justin and Kelly at least did some moves.
    I agree it is a different show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast