+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AI comparison

It's interesting to read everyone's opinions.

I think the talent on FAME far outweighs the talent on AI in all categories. Each week these people blow me away.

I think AI made a mistake by not pushing some dancing and by putting an age limit on contestants.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Fade to black
    Originally posted by enygma
    The dance talent for AI sucked big time this time around. I agree it is a different show.
    Yes. On both accounts.

For me, I'd rather watch someone like Ruben, Kim L. or Clay who can sing, but not dance as compared to someone like Justin Guarini, who I think is a very average vocalist with great stage presence. Justin is typical of the FAME performer's I've seen thus far. Now if there was someone like Justin who could sing like Ruben - then yea, now we're talking. But I haven't seen that yet in two seasons of AI and one season of FAME. So until then, I'll go with the vocals.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

You're Still The One! Olivia909's Avatar
    Originally posted by fluff
    I don't think the best of the Fame singers can hold a candle to the likes of Ruben, Clay, Trenyce, Kim L and even some of Josh in some of his stronger performances.

While the dancing is excellent, I have found the Fame singers pretty weak personally.

I'm not a fan of the show, really. I did watch last week's show though. They are all amazing dancers, but they do absolutely nothing for me vocally.

I do not think that any of the contestants on Fame can vocally compare to Clay, Ruben, Kim L or Trenyce.

I love a great, strong, powerful voice. I love when a person can just really belt out a song. To me....dancing really isn't important when it comes to a performance. I just want to hear them sing. That's the main reason why I am not a fan of Fame.

Serena and Harlemm are great....but vocally, they can't touch Clay or Ruben. Of course, this is all just my opinion.

Fame definitely has the better dancers. I just think AI has the better singers.

When it comes down to it....it just is a matter of what u prefer.
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I'm the opposite, I couldn't stomach AI quite honestly. I had no problems missing about 50% or more of the shows, especially the results shows, which were totally a waste of time.

I just started watching Fame for the nostalgia factor , as I loved the show. I'm reserving judgement as whether I really would say it's great.At least theres no results shows or Ryan Seacrest to suffer through. (Thank goodness they got rid of the Dunkleman guy.)

It's still pretty choppy- but improving in production.

Ruben and Clay would have definitely been in the Fame finals, in my opinion. Weeell...actually, I'm not sure how well Ruben would be able to move...but their voices were both amazing and blow all talent in Fame away.

you're saying you think Clay and Ruben would have made it to the finals? I have to disagree. I think they both have the vocals to have made it, but I can't see either of them dancing the way they HAVE to on fame
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by cali
    you're saying you think Clay and Ruben would have made it to the finals? I have to disagree. I think they both have the vocals to have made it, but I can't see either of them dancing the way they HAVE to on fame
    They wouldn't have a shot in H---. THey both have great voices, but neither of them can dance, especially not like they do on Fame. This is a completely different competition with different criteria, so I don't understand all the comparisons...

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I think that the main difference in these performers is that the people on AI were aiming mainly for recording contracts whereas the ones on FAME are more focused on live performances. There's a big difference in being able to sing well and being able to PERFORM well while you're singing. Just my opinion, of course.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Just trying to picture Clay and Ruben in the "WORK routine
    Sorry, they CAN sing , but their pitiful attempts at moving onstage would negate any entry into Fame.

Sorry I cannot picture Clary nor Ruben on Fame. Totally different performers and are not Fame material.

They are right where they belong and Clay is the man!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast