+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 6/11 Show Discussion *spoilers*

FORT Newbie
    Now that I look at that post I think its Boogie Town (tf) must of been thinkin of another boogy. Anyhow, I dunno I'm searching for the answer as I type.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Well, we all know who advances. Harlemm, Lauren and Moy. Personally, I would have just moved Harlemm and Moy along. Still standing by Moy as the one to take it all. She really proved herself tonight. Well done. And she looked GREAT! Some of these girls cannot carry off the clothes they put them in but Moy looked damned stylish!

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Time, we already got it. Boogie Wonderland, which I think is by Earth, Wind and Fire off the top of my noggin.

FORT Newbie
    Good then I dont have homework
    Jeez ya can tell i wasnt paying attention. I could of sworn that guy said Boogie Town.

I still stand by my praise for Lauren (and what's wrong with "Broadway" hmmmmm? ), but definitely Moy and Harlemm were far and away the stars of the hour.

It's interesting how much people have commented on what the performers have worn, not just tonight but throughout the first 4 episodes. And other than a couple of outfits that left way too little to the imagination, I've barely noticed what people had on.

Oh, but I do remember Sean's zipper pants because I was appalled at the mere suggestion of someone unzipping them. He just does nothing for me. I prefer him with my eyes closed and ears covered.

My favorite indivudual performances were tonight, I've been waiting to see Harlemm and Moy and they both proved to be worth it!! As much as they had very good performances, they also had very good interviews as well IMO. As far as group performance...what the heck was that?????? It was a tolerable beginning with the solos but as soon as they started in the group singing my ears hurt immediately and I was ready for a dance break to finish off the song. UGH worst group performance yet of the series!!

Also something I thought that was interesting in the Moy interview...she was saying something about having done modeling before and the photographers told her not to smile for pictures (I'm pretty sure she was referring to the gap in her teeth being why). I find her uniqueness (the gap teeth, the outie belly button, hair, tattoos, all that stuff) to be just beautiful on her. She carries it all so well that she really is gorgeous!! She's truly got the "it" they keep talking about.

Yay!!! No 16-year-old strippers. What are they doing to these people that makes them cry during their interviews?? Maybe they are all emotionally exhausted and physically drained from all the practice. I don't know what, but something's up.

Harlemm - I love this guy. I noticed him right away in the auditions. Most talented guy so far, I think.

Caroline - Good voice. Nice dance moves that managed to avoid the stripper look - wish the other young girls had done that. It's too bad she was in this group, because I think she was better than a few others - Shannon from group 1 comes to mind.

Johannes - Man, can that guy dance! I'm not as impressed with his rap, but I'm not a big rap fan, so I'm really at a loss to judge that. But he can sure dance better than rapper Justin. Uh oh, group performance shows he can't sing.

Lauren - Wow, nice strong voice, looks like she really belongs on stage - not much dance, but enough to go with the voice. I did notice her in the group number at the beginning and she looked very confident and accomplished. Loved those clunky red shoes with her dress in the dance number, LOL.

Sean - Cute enough, but thin vocals - was he doing a chicken dance for a second? Just not doing it for me.

Moy - Well, I hate this skanky song, but this girl has it all - she will go verrrry far.

Group number - Boogy Wonderland - hated it in AI2, hated it here, but it did show that there was a definite difference between the three that moved on and the others.

I wonder what next week will look like. Song selection is going to be crucial.
    Last edited by zippy; 06-12-2003 at 05:05 AM.

Come on every one - if you cannot sign and dance then do not apply. Should be the title of this show. If they say the triple threat is needed - then do not let any in with out the three qualities.

Sorry but I am not a rap fan and I cannot see that little rapper in the finals -

that is my opinion.

Group #1 - finals were great
    Froup #2 - Serena
    Group #3 - finals ok but not the rapper
    Group @4 - all three were in the right order

Sory if I made anyone who likes rap mad - just shoot me!

Here's my 2 cents. And yeah, what's with all the crying in the interviews! At first I was like, ohhh how emotional, but now it seems everyone is crying.

Harlemm - OK voice, good dancing, singing mostly on-key, good overall, I really like this guy, he appeals to me for some reason

Carolyn - Dancing was simple, singing was pretty bad, off-key often, a little too sexy again (tired of the sexy numbers) not too good overall, not much expression, very blah

Johannes - dancing was great, love his flips, rapped better than JJ IMO, got a bit weird in the end, decent overall, not good, not bad, I liked it better than JJ from last week, boy can't sing in group number

Lauren - great voice - best tonight, dancing adequate, best tonight IMO, her voice rocks

Sean - cute in a frat boy kind of way, that's about the only good thing I can say, sorry. Off-key the entire song as though he is what is commonly called "tone deaf." Audience participation thing was bizarre.

Moy - voice is pretty good, not awesome, but on-key and strong, dancing is cool, she exudes this energy that brings me in, I liked her, hated her song, she is fascinating to watch overall

Group Number was the worst yet, I expected more from this group. It was really terrible. One voice off-key stood out (Sean?), Lauren is the only one that sounded good to me, no dancing stood out IMO. This was truly terrible.

ranks:

1. Lauren
    2. Moy

gap

3. Harlemm

gap

4. Johannes
    5. Sean
    6. Carolyn
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

I was pretty impressed by Lauren, and this group as a whole...

Even though I think Moy is more talented overall, I thought Lauren's vocals were top notch - as in I was VERY surprised. Harlemm was really good too, but a little awkward...

Johannes was cool but he didn't spit lyrics with the necessary fury and his rapping voice needs work. CRAZY dance moves though... this guy should become a gymnast... too bad gymnastics ain't "street"... sorry if I offended anyone who thinks it is.

M

PS... whut is up with making them cry in the interviews...? it's weird and awkward.
    ~M o s a i K~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast