+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 6/11 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Nice steak commercial. I'm hungry now. Hollywood Homocide commercial.....looks like a good movie.

My first play by play of a show....all alone in the thread by myself! That's okay. I'll probably piss myself off with my opinions.

FORT Newbie
    I missed the first part of the show I started watching at Johanna(sp)rofl..I cant even remember his name. Anyhow I didnt get the chance to hear this Harleem guy you speak of . I was too busy watching Moy to really pay attention during the final group thingy.

Okay, here we go.

Harlemm is on. Says he is a loner and it can be painful. His radio and records were his best friends. Says the group situation is helping him to come out of his shell. Oh, gee. He is crying! I mean, realllllllly crying. Wiping his face on his forearm crying. Woosh.

Singing Control by Janet Jackson. Sounds kind of like a girl, really. Nice personal spin on the song. Pretty good. Impressive voice. Boy can dance! I'd like to see more breakdancing moves as opposed to running the stage like he is. All in all, pretty good.

Judges:

Johnny: Made a believer out of him.

Carnie: "You frickin' freaked me out!" <--- I hate her. Official.

JoJo: (Bet he is in love!) Says dynamite comes in small packages. "You're the man!" Amazing.

Debbie: BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH same 'ol same 'ol.

And who cares what anyone else says.

Tonight's line up was better than the last two shows combined! All the performances were great! My picks: Harlemm, Lauren, and the incomparable Moy.

Harlemm -- ok the crying in the intro cracked me up, but his performance kicked butt. Though the words "drag show" wandered through my consciousness, I couldn't help loving him. Great singing, great dancing, fabulous personality.

Caroline - another weeper! This time, a singer with a little more maturity doing an edgy stripper-like Fosse number, and it didn't look ridiculous. She's got a great voice, fantastic moves, and beautiful. Her performance would have gotten through last week.

Johannes - Ok, I still don't like rap, but he was head and shoulders above Justin (Jason? J-something) from last week. A much better dancer, and a more appealing performer too. Too bad he's in with a better group this week.

Lauren - Awesome! Great song choice, good range, terrific look. She's a lock!

Sean - I hate boy bands, so I really hated his performance. Would have been great for O-Town, but not my preference for this group.

Moy - Golden! She has this magnetic personality. You just WANT to look at her. She's got the goods: voice, look, dance moves. She's terrific!

Hey Maj!! I totally forgot about different time zones but hey! I figured that at least one person from the East would pipe in.

I think that tonight had 3 obvious semi-finalists. Tonight was the first time that I didn't even have to pause and consider who the judges would select. Moy, Harlemm and the blonde (Darn, I am so useless with names. You'd expect more from a teacher. Alas...) were real standouts. I think all three of them had it all, dance, voice and the hard-to-define "it" factor!

Funny thought went through my mind at one point and that is this: Joe Joe has really grown on me. I'm even starting to like his hair!! Somebody pinch, slap or drop kick me cuz I seriously need to snap out of this!

Carolyn: Says without her mom she would not be here and she is now crying, too. Lots of crying on Fame. Was always skinny and tall with big ears and was teased a bunch as a kid. (Pffft. Who wasn't?)

Something from Fosse. Missed the name. Ballerina bar as a prop. Looks sexy. Black bra, sheer top and blue satin skirt. Ooooh, hate this song. Um, this is ANOTHER "Weeee, I am Fame sexy" song. Good voice, I suppose. Not my cup of tea. Lots of moaning/singing. Ugsome.

FORT Fogey
    Well, I was at a dinner and missed tonight's show. Could somebody please fill me in on what people sang, how they performed, and who moved on? Thanks!

And where is fluff, by the way?

:: dropkicks Dos :: You like his hair??? EEK!

Johnny: Says he liked it alot but she held back.

Carnie: Song was weird but you took command.

Jojo: Disagreeing. He liked it because "you brought a pole out!!!!!" Duh, it is a dancebar!!!!!

Debbie: Oh, you are pretty and oooooh you sang the song great!

No idea where Fluff is, Anna, but I got yer back! I'm watching now and filling in as I go for any people who might have missed it and don't want to wait for the recap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast