Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NBC's "Fame" is a Fraud (Spoilers)

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I think the whole AI thing was set up in the UK for Simon Fuller to find a recording talent, with the other Simon acting as lookout.
    Somehow Debbie Allen got together with Johnny and worked out the same deal for Fame. Use DA's connection with Fame and Johnny's connection with fluff pop ( No insult to Fluffles ) to come up with a similar product. Rigged ? no, They want the person the public connects the most with.
    You would pay big bucks for that type of marketing research.

As for Nick and the BSB - sorry , I was taking that from a long ago interview in which I thought Brian had said Nick was called in by "the management". That would have made sense since he was such a baby compared to the rest. It must have been the other way around and my memory is shot.....

FORT Newbie
    I missed on Allyson - but did anyone think Justin was a triple threat? Singing? No frick'n way - His dancing was much better.
    Raymond was off key more than anyone in this competition so far. I think they are making sure that when it goes to the public vote we will have to choose Moy or whoever they are positioning. Allyson was pretty good. The other two were simply not the best choices.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Fraud? Don't think so. Heck, so far in the past two weeks I have picked exactly who the judges move through. Oh, wait. MAYBE I AM IN ON THE CONSPIRACY!!!!! Anyhow, mentioning Moy as being the one to be positioned, I don't think that needs to even be done. If she makes as big an impact on me during her solo on Wednesday as she has during the small appearances I have seen of her so far, she's a lock. Hell, I'll even vote for her. I already like her.
    ~*~ Maji *~

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I think we have all agreed that there is no fraud. I'm not going to let this disintegrate into the psycho- nutbar talk that ran through the AI forum.
    Do they have their favorites? - sure . Thats human.

FORT Newbie
    LARGE
    I AM SO VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE JUDGES..THERE WERE SOME VERY VERY TALENTED PEOPLE UP ON THAT STAGE..I AM NOT SURE WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON..
    IT REALLY SEEMS LIKE SOMEONE IS GETTING PAID OFF..HOW COULD THEY PICK THE ONES THEY PICKED..GIMME A BREAK.
    SOMETHING MUST BE CROOKED...THERE WERE SUCH GOOD DANCERS ON THE STAGE AT THE OPENING OF THE SHOW...AND THEY WERE NOT CHOSEN AT ALL..
    THE ONES THAT WERE PICKED..EXCEPT FOR THE RED HEAD..THEY ALL WERE SO OFF KEY...AND THE LIL WANNA BE RAPPER..WHAT IS UP W HIM?
    I TRULY DONT WANT TO SOUND LIKE A HATER..BUT TRUTH IS, MY PHONE WAS RINGING OFF THE HOOK..AFTER THE SHOW..EVERY FAMILY MEMBER AND EVERY FRIEND I HAVE..THEY ALL SAID THE SAME THING.
    I DO HOPE THINGS CHANGE..CAUSE I KNOW U TALENTED ONES REALLY WORKED HARD..AND STILL DO..I WISH U ALL THE BEST..AND IF THE SHOW CONTINUES THIS WAY.. I WOULD SUGGEST THAT U ALL DO SOMETHING..AND GET THIS RIGHT..
    YOUR WORK SHOULD BE RECOGNIZED..NOT THE ONES THE JUDGES PICKED...OH..BY THE WAY... I REALLY DONT THINK THE JUDGES HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH WHO IS MOVING ON..
    PEACE....LYNNE FROM NY

I didn't think who wuld be going through was as clear cut last night as it was in the first two weeks.
    Both those weeks it seemed very clear to the people here from teh standard of the performances who would be going through.

The trouble with presenting the semi-finalists in groups, which they obviously have to do as there are so many of them, is that the three who don't make it from one group might all be better than the three who make it from another group.
    Same thing happened in American Idol with a couple of the groups being chock full of talent and the others a little thinner in genuine contenders.

It'll be interesting to see what turn the public voting takes.
    Even at this stage you can tell that there are some who appear to be far more talented than others.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I was glad your "theory" was crap because as soon as I heard Allison, I loved her and the judges said she was perfect. I like Justin, although I'm in the minority, but yeah, my 3 favorites from last night moved on, so I'm happy.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by levi_d
    my 3 favorites from last night moved on, so I'm happy.
    You're the only one! I was rooting for Dion and Alexis, but I'll live... I just loved watching Dion dance and YOU KNOW he was the best dancer in this competition so far, even if his voice wasn't fabulous (It certainly wasn't the worst)...

Fan-of-FAME

Re: NBC's "Fame" is a Fraud (Spoilers)

Originally posted by ninobaldaci
    Of the 12 finalists, 5 will be black. About 16% of the US population is black, but of the Fame finalists, 42% will be black. I am a man of colour myself - my mother is from India and my father from Italy. I am also an immigrant from the UK. Racism is wrong no matter where it raises its ugly head. It is unfair to all of these kids who thought they had a fair chance. They have been lied to and we have been lied to. I will not be watching any more. NBC's "Fame" is a fraud.
    :
    Woah, that comment made absolutely no sense.
    I'm a big NBA fan... last time I checked about 80-90% of the players were people of color. Does that make it a fraud? I don't think so!
    Don't focus on the color.. focus on the talent. So far I've pretty much been with the judges. I'm lovin' it.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Um, where did the racism come into play or did they run an episode I missed entirely?

I'm not seeing racism on this show. I'm just not. Besides, , Moy is going to win and she's African American, so there. (Thrusting MY pick right out in the front even though I have not seen a full performance yet. That's ballsy!)
    ~*~ Maji *~

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast