+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 2/25 Face Off 6: Episode 7

Re: 2/25 Face Off 6: Episode 7

Kip, ICAM with your Top Ten!

In PARTICULAR, #3!

Frankly, I was never doing cartwheels over Cat, ANYWAY. To put it VERY bluntly, she always came across and read to me as a sort of know-it-all ballbuster, in quite a few instances.

Not likeable as a person (along with a couple of OTHERS!) at ALL.

And, far as I'M concerned, she made a grave and tactical error when she chose to do what SHE felt she wanted to do, rather than what Michael Westmore ADVISED her to do, on his walkthrough. Which, IIRC, was to FORGET THE CRAP SHE'D PLANNED TO DECK HER WIZARD'S FACE WITH, BECAUSE SHE'D WIND UP MAKING HER NOT PRETTY, if she didn't.

Oh, well, a hard head makes a soft ass, I guess.

The face on her wizard was absolutely hideous, IMHO, and that fantastic flower on her BACK couldn't save her, in the end.

IIRC, for at least two OTHER examples of an artist not listening to Michael Westmore . . .

When he did his walkthrough on the bug challenge from a couple of seasons ago --- I think it was! --- he advised Alam to NOT concentrate so much on her wide array of colors that she'd planned to use in her palette, but to cut it DOWN.

Of COURSE, she didn't listen.

And wound up screwing up BIG time, and getting elimmed for it, too.

Same church, different pew . . .

During that SAME challenge, IIRC, Mr. Westmore WARNED Debbie Downer (i.e., Meagan) to put a white or yellow base down on her bug's wings BEFORE she painted any other colors over them, so the other colors would pop.

She did NOT DO THAT.

And --- Rightfully so! --- wound up in B3, because she didn't do that (among other reasons).

Personally, I think she only lucked out and wound up staying because Alam's happened to bite it bigger that HERS did!

Said it before . . .

WHEN ARE THESE PEOPLE GOING TO LEARN THAT MICHAEL WESTMORE IS THEIR MENTOR FOR A REASON???

And ACTUALLY LISTEN TO WHAT HE'S ADVISING THEM TO DO????

And actually DO WHAT HE'S ADVISING THEM TO DO???

SMH.
    Kip likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

As bad as Cat's was (and it WAS bad), I really think Niko's was much worse. At least Cat had those gorgeous wings. Niko's was totally without any redeeming qualities. I guess his recent win saved his butt.

Love, love, love Tyler! I think I am especially impressed with his time management and quick sculpting ability. Unlike some (cough. Chloe) he doesn't plan beyond his abilities. A really great skill. Plus his design aesthetic is right on.
    George also did an amazing job - well deserving of the win.

I've also said it in the past but this is one of the few reality shows I watch any more. Because they focus on the work not the drama. Kudos!
    ness, sclilred1 and inthegarden like this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Have the judges used their save? I remember 2 artists getting to stay but did not know if that was counting as the save.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    As bad as Cat's was (and it WAS bad), I really think Niko's was much worse. At least Cat had those gorgeous wings. Niko's was totally without any redeeming qualities. I guess his recent win saved his butt.

Love, love, love Tyler! I think I am especially impressed with his time management and quick sculpting ability. Unlike some (cough. Chloe) he doesn't plan beyond his abilities. A really great skill. Plus his design aesthetic is right on.

I've also said it in the past but this is one of the few reality shows I watch any more. Because they focus on the work not the drama. Kudos!
    LOL!

Gala, you KNOW I love you!

But, Niko's being much WORSE than Cat's?

Gotta say . . . IDK about that!!!

I'm sorry, but that face she put on that wizard and sent out on that stage was, to me, truly hideous.

I think her being sent home over Niko was the right decision.

And I DO give her props for saying she was glad it was HER that got the boot, instead of Niko.

Tyler tires me out --- he seems SO hyper and tightly wound, it's draining, to me. But I have to admit that he DOES seem to have good stuff going on, in terms of his artistic abilities and common-sense time management abilities.

Also, it doesn't hurt that he seems generally usually gung-ho, cheerful and up for whatever challenges are thrown their way. I LIKE seeing that. So, the positive hyperism (is that a word?) and cheerfulness seem to have served him well, thus far.

Looks like --- barring a major slip-up --- he (and Rashaad), may be going far in this thing.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I could see Niko going next week.

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Have the judges used their save? I remember 2 artists getting to stay but did not know if that was counting as the save.
    I don't think so. It will be interesting to see who they save.
    So far, all the eliminations have been accurate. (in my opinion )

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I could see Niko going next week.
    Me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I don't think so. It will be interesting to see who they save.
    So far, all the eliminations have been accurate. (in my opinion )

I really thought Niko was a goner because I thought the same thing that there were no redeeming qualities in his work. The judges did say that it was extremely close. I think it's probably because at least Niko knew he did bad work and he had a better body of work than Cat. For a while, I thought the wings will save Cat but the judges knew that she's not as talented as Niko and they wanted to see more from him.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ohhh don't get me wrong ness! Cat's was a hot mess, but what I think what really saved Niko was his recent win. Cat just fizzled.
    So I have NO problem with the decision - exploding craft departments are sooo not a good look! LOL

Tyler is hyper, true. But for some reason I find him endearing. I like Rashad also, he seems upbeat most of the time.
    Corrine is sneaking up on me. I like that she thinks smart and still comes up with interesting makeups.

It's a tossup who's next to go - Niko or Chloe. Both are on borrowed time IMO.

It will be very interesting to see who will be saved and when.
    ness likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

ohhh don't get me wrong ness! Cat's was a hot mess, but what I think what really saved Niko was his recent win. Cat just fizzled.
    So I have NO problem with the decision - exploding craft departments are sooo not a good look! LOL

Tyler is hyper, true. But for some reason I find him endearing. I like Rashad also, he seems upbeat most of the time.
    Corrine is sneaking up on me. I like that she thinks smart and still comes up with interesting makeups.

It's a tossup who's next to go - Niko or Chloe. Both are on borrowed time IMO.

It will be very interesting to see who will be saved and when.
    LOLOLOL!!!

Oh, BROTHER! The "exploding craft departments"?! I'd COMPLETELY forgotten THAT one! And just WHO is it that we've got to thank for THAT little gem? Was it Ve?????

OMG!

Tyler? Yep. Even though he DOES tire me out being so hyper, after a second thought --- or five! --- I'll have to say that I DO agree with you that there's something about him that IS endearing and IS growing on ME, too. BESIDES his obvious artistic and time-management skills, that is.

After all, I wasn't wild about Fox for a minute when HE started out, but then grew to like that little guy a LOT as time went on.

He was just SO off-the-charts OUT there, I HAD to eventually love him!

Rashaad?

Like that dude as a a person AND artist, DEFINITELY.

Corinne?

Yep. She DOES think smart and come up with interesting makeups.

MOST of the time, anyway.

I mean, that curtain-winged cryptid that she drove the car on?

Please.

Oh, well, at least she DID tell Matt (who CLEARLY wouldn't've been long for the Face Off world, ANYWAY!!!) she was sorry when they went back to stand with the others after being disemboweled by the judges for that monstrosity they'd/SHE'D produced.

Gotta give it up to her for recognizing that she'd driven that car of theirs straight into hell, and apologizing to Matt for that!!!!

As for Chloe and Niko?

For some reason, I still think Niko just might be the next one packing his kit and hitting the bricks

But, then again, DESPITE coming out of the gate strong, I can also easily see Chloe giving him a run for his money as to just which one of 'em it'll be going out the door and hopping on a plane back to the States, first.

We SHALL see, my friend!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12