+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 8/6 Face Off 5: Vets vs. Newbies VETS Reveal Show Thread

8/6 Face Off 5: Vets vs. Newbies VETS Reveal Show Thread

This should be an interesting concept since it is almost an All Stars without being an All Stars.

The first episode features the Vets.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 8/6 Face Off 5: Vets vs. Newbies Premiere Show Thread

Did it already start?
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 08-06-2013 at 08:49 PM.

It starts at 9PM and is a two hour special featuring the Vets.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 08-06-2013 at 08:54 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

So they're competing separately?

No, this is a special to start it all off. Next week we meet the newbies and their reactions to the vets.

I have to say that I'm overall loving this concept, because it is one where they are judged more on their work and - for the most part, the designers work with each other and give input (meaning no backstabbing).

The vets returning I overall like, but would've preferred Sam (or just about anyone) over Frank. I'm hoping this humbleness he's showing actually is true and wasn't a way to get on the show.

And poor Alana - she will always be known as "accident Alana" apparently. Glen did poke some gentle fun at her falling in or over a lot of things, but I also liked his comment as to why (maybe too much thinking and therefore she moves as fast as her thoughts).

The judges also gave some good pointers on each of the designers returning on what they need to do in order to be better.

What I'm liking most so far is that the designs I'm seeing this season are NOT all these horror/gore type makeups. Sure, they'll have them but it looks like we will see fewer of these, and that is great. I even think there may be one of those "Capitol Coture" type designs in there from the looks of things. (OK, wishful thinking there - but given the 180 I've seen in the teasers for "Catching Fire" on the makeups - who knows?)

Basically for once, an all-stars/newbies competition I think we're going to see that is fun - and maybe even on a more level playing field.

I didn't like Alana her first time on.

But I'll have to watch tonight's episode before I comment further.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I saw this on the tv lineup channel last night while seeing what was on but didn't watch it. I'll have to watch it On Demand. I'm excited for another season of Face Off to be starting!
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

This is a fascinating look back at the returning veterans and their time on their seasons. It is a wonderful reminder of who they are and how they work. MacKenzie also reveals the top fan voted costumes from each season. Can I say Bell Hop? Loved that makeup.

The REAL premiere is next week, so I'll change the thread title for this show.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: 8/6 Face Off 5: Vets vs. Newbies VETS Reveal Show Thread

While I'm glad to see most of these veterans back, I feel a bit sorry for the newbies. Having been on the show has to give the vets somewhat of an advantage - knowing what the pressure's like, knowing the kinds of things the judges look for, etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast