+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 3/19 episode - *spoilers*

3/19 episode - *spoilers*

Next week is the finale! And it's the one with the water :-)

Tonight's challenge was interesting. It was based on the new SyFy show "Defiance", which is about the world 35 years in the future where humans and aliens live together. The PTB selected four character types (whose names I can't remember now...one was a Sensoth, kind of ape-like; one was a mutant; one was kind of Borg-like, and the last one was really similar to the Sensoth), and each contestant had to choose two and then create a creature that would have resulted if their two character types had mated.

Eric F ended up picking last, so he wasn't able to get the mutant. He was way outside his comfort zone, and he ended up being the one not selected to go to the finale. Which was really weird, because between Chris and Wayne, one had a huge blowout in the prosthetic and one had a crappy paint job. But he was also the one whose resulting character wasn't really a blended version of the two originals...he used the face and shoulder of one and the belly of the other.

Anthony won the challenge, and for his reward, he got to shadow the makeup folks at Defiance.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 3/19 episode - *spoilers*

Eric is out, sadly.

Well I hope Kris wins now. Anthony to come in second and Wayne to come in third.

How is the winner decided this time?

Fox is out, but to be fair - if it weren't for some of the horribly under-talented people they had this season, he might have been gone much sooner. He grew a lot on this show which will help him a great deal in the industry. Ve, especially, seemed to like his work. I think this challenge pointed out his weak spots - when he is taken outside his comfort zone (horror, shock), he struggles. I'm wondering if that is why he was given last choice in the selection? To give him a challenge.

Kris got through on banked past wins and some good sculpting and a decent melding of the 2 characters. It definitely wasn't my favorite, but I was glad he made it through. He's done some incredible work previously and certainly deserved to be in the finale.

Wayne? What can be said? He can sculpt for sure. I agree with Ve - he's going to be a force in the business once he gets some of the basics, like time management down. He wants to do a perfect, pristine job every time. Nothing wrong with that, but by now, he should have a better handle on the clock. The face on his creature was pretty awesome.

Anthony - so glad he came roaring back. Don't know why exactly, but I def have a soft spot for him. His creature was a perfect blend so the win was well-deserved. Didn't love the baggy overalls though. And the prize of shadowing on the set of Defiance? Very, very nice.

Either Kris or Anthony could win with Wayne coming in third.
    Finale should be fun!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar

I had wondered why Eric couldn't go to Canada on their field trip. .. I thought maybe he didn't have a current passport.. or couldn't leave the country perhaps because of maybe a past probation incident.. (I in no way know .. but it just seemed that they "sugar coated" the explanation .. saying it was a "Family" problem.. if it had something to do with his kids or wife I doubt he would stay around .. because he was always saying he was doing it all for his family... but I think he'd drop everything to go back if there was a family emergency..)
    Wasting away another summer...

I wondered that too. If it was a legal issue, we'll probably never know....
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by AZHotFlash View Post
    I had wondered why Eric couldn't go to Canada on their field trip. .. I thought maybe he didn't have a current passport.. or couldn't leave the country perhaps because of maybe a past probation incident.. (I in no way know .. but it just seemed that they "sugar coated" the explanation .. saying it was a "Family" problem.. if it had something to do with his kids or wife I doubt he would stay around .. because he was always saying he was doing it all for his family... but I think he'd drop everything to go back if there was a family emergency..)
    There are many factors that could've happened:

1. He applied too late, which could be the show's fault if they decided the field trip late.

2. He didn't - or couldn't - receive any vaccinations he may have needed to get in order to travel "overseas." Sounds a bit weird I know just to Canada, but remembering how many shots my Dad had to receive to go to Russia... it's possible. He could also have a medical condition that doesn't let him fly... doubtful but you never know.

3. Legal problems - and not necessarily him. There are people on the "no fly" list who really aren't supposed to be, but that takes so long to clear up they just gave up trying.

4. Truly family issues.

Well that sucked but thankfully this turd season is almost over.
    Eliminating Eric F. is a decision that comes from the same thinking as keeping Megan around after her godawful moth creature. That is to say, none. Wayne's was nothing special and it looked like it had been painted with a turkey baster.

Here's hoping Anthony will win and Kris and Wayne will return to the black hole of boring they came from.
    The Moral Of Big Brother 11: If you don't play nice, Chima will pay you a visit.

Anthony, how do I love you? Let me count the ways.

He listened to the judging critique on his paint job from the previous challenge and made corrections this challenge.
    He investigated the make up blending on the character on the set.
    He put time management first in his priority list.
    He mutated the first character so it wasn't a patchwork between the two.
    He told Fox that he had learned from him during the season.
    He told us that he felt humbled whenever he won, and always worried about going home.
    He calls the other contestants artists.
    He rocks.

Ahem...I hope his character in the finale is worthy of the win.

I teared up when Fox was eliminated; I thought maybe they would go with a four person finale. I, too, felt as though "the family" explanation for his non travel was a coverup as we never heard from Fox that there was a family problem.

Wayne and Kris, once time is on their side, will be able to create awesome creatures for the finale. Both, along with Anthony, have the techniques to go far in the industry.

Anthony won the coolest prize yet for a make up artist - to shadow the make up crew on a creature centric show. I think that thrilled him more than anything else.

Till next week when we finally get to see the teased aquatic challenge.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    There are many factors that could've happened:

1. He applied too late, which could be the show's fault if they decided the field trip late.

2. He didn't - or couldn't - receive any vaccinations he may have needed to get in order to travel "overseas." Sounds a bit weird I know just to Canada, but remembering how many shots my Dad had to receive to go to Russia... it's possible. He could also have a medical condition that doesn't let him fly... doubtful but you never know.

3. Legal problems - and not necessarily him. There are people on the "no fly" list who really aren't supposed to be, but that takes so long to clear up they just gave up trying.

4. Truly family issues.
    I wondered if maybe he didn't have a passport. The new laws require a passport for travel into Canada when flying (driving, too, except for minors).

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Anthony, how do I love you? Let me count the ways.

He listened to the judging critique on his paint job from the previous challenge and made corrections this challenge.
    He investigated the make up blending on the character on the set.
    He put time management first in his priority list.
    He mutated the first character so it wasn't a patchwork between the two.
    He told Fox that he had learned from him during the season.
    He told us that he felt humbled whenever he won, and always worried about going home.
    He calls the other contestants artists.
    He rocks.
    And ALL of these are why he's here and in the final three - I think all of the judges knew that last week was just a really HUGE brain blank on him. And even his worst wasn't as bad as the other's worst.

Ahem...I hope his character in the finale is worthy of the win.
    If it's the ones I had sussed as most likely being his (the style and the coloring of them are what I've seen in his designs in this show), then he will have a worthy win.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I think his are the ones with the reddish/orange guy who punches his fist in the air after doing all the diving. I think too it's a bit of a Cirque du Soleil challenge, i.e. "O" or something.

I teared up when Fox was eliminated; I thought maybe they would go with a four person finale. I, too, felt as though "the family" explanation for his non travel was a coverup as we never heard from Fox that there was a family problem.

Wayne and Kris, once time is on their side, will be able to create awesome creatures for the finale. Both, along with Anthony, have the techniques to go far in the industry.

Anthony won the coolest prize yet for a make up artist - to shadow the make up crew on a creature centric show. I think that thrilled him more than anything else.

Till next week when we finally get to see the teased aquatic challenge.
    I agree on the other contestants. Don't know about a final four - they did that the first season, and yet sometimes I think they did it to ensure at least one woman was in the finale. Sam is a very good designer, but her Psychadelic Little Mermaid design wasn't as strong as she could have made it and compared to the other three did look pretty bad in the finale.

And three is admittedly easier to judge and in the case of WHERE this challenge is set... they may have had no choice but to go to a final three.

Anthony probably will get a LOT of help and tips from "Deliverance" shadowing that set, and honestly, given the kudos he got from the main man himself... he might actually get to work on the set. He could get a gig from this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast