+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 9/11 Episode Discussion - "Alice in Zombieland" - *spoilers*

9/11 Episode Discussion - "Alice in Zombieland" - *spoilers*

Director Paul WS Anderson is the guest judge this week When Resident Evil meetsAlice in Wonderland!

Please keep discussion in this thread until 10PM Pacific.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: 9/11 Episode Discussion - "Alice in Zombieland" - *spoilers*

SMH.

Alana.

I. Just. Do. Not. KNOW. About. That. Girl.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I'm on the West coast, so it hasn't aired here yet. What did Alana do this week? Accidentally cut off her own arm?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Nah.

She was working with her bunny-eared cowl. Somehow, the cowl escaped from her, landed on the floor, ears down, and the ears broke off.

ONLY Alana!

She's a cute little thing (even with all that face metal, which I'm not exactly wild about; hope she never gets caught in a lightning storm!), but I'm beginning to think she's cursed, or something.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

And I'm kinda beginning to think a thought I had about Tommy was right . . .

I think he does better work when he's paired with a strong leader.

Admittedly, I HATE zombies with a passion. That said, Roy's was inventive and creative (though yes, he does work in haunted house stuff). I think his and the March Hare that didn't have as much blood on it worked the best because it's just too easy to gore up the characters. That said, I also liked the Mad Hatter and Cheshire cat that were in the top three - again paid attention to details and kept good makeups.

I agreed with the comments about Tommy's makeup and Ron's was just as Ve said - a makeup that was more weird old age makeup. Ron's might've been an attempt to do a twisted version of the Tim Burton version of the Red Queen but it didn't work.

I agreed with the eliminated look though - it was just a bad paint job and the brains were designed like boils, not brains. It's a detail that just about anyone can catch.
    ness likes this.

I really thought Tommy should have gone this time. He seems almost as clueless as Alanna (although not as accident prone! WHAT is up with her - seriously!). But his work is just not up to the others' standards. Even Alanna, with a little coaching, pulls off some nice looks. She has good instincts. Tommy just seems to get lost in his own head. I was surprised Rod was so off on his concept. But he was safe. His other work pulled him through no problem.

Can I just say how much I love, love, LOVE Roy? He's my favorite for the win. Funny, mad talented and modest.
    just adore him.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

And as much as I have loved Sarah's work, this week she irritated me with the Mennonite comment. If she wants a career in this field, she's going to have to broaden her repetoire and fast! She's rather lucky she wasn't in the bottom looks. I thought her Cheshire cat was a mess and not in a good way.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

one more thought (sorry!)

after that trainwreck Joe left, it seems like everyone is pulling together almost as a complete team. Helping each other out, cheering each other on, commiserating when something goes wrong. Nothing too nasty.

how refreshing is this?!!!
    TripleGemini and jadewarlock like this.

I thought for sure that Derek would win because they said that he best met the challenge's intent. I thought that Rod would go because he completely missed the challenge.

I'm thrilled that Roy won, and I'm sorry that...um, I forget her name!...is gone. But it is nice to see them all get along. Hope it lasts!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast