+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 9/4 Episode *Spoilers*

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

9/4 Episode *Spoilers*

On tonight's episode, the designers work in teams of two to make a creation inspired by a Chinese dragon/lion and incorporating each team member's Chinese zodiac animal.

Ding-dong ditzy fake redhead Alana has cut herself AGAIN. Every episode she's running around like a chicken with her head cut off, injuring herself, and having to dash off to the medic. You'd think by now she'd get the idea to SLOW THE HECK DOWN! It takes more time for her to go see the medic and work with injuries than it would take for her to work at a safer, more methodical pace. I think she's over her head in this competition and can't wait for her to go home.If she doesn't get sent home by the judges, sooner or later she's going to lose a limb and have to go home because of that.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

Re: 9/4 Episode *Spoilers*

I LOVED it when (I don't remember who, right now) and Rod were watching Alana run to the back like a cattle-prodded chicken after she'd cut herself, and they watched.

Other person: "She's an accident waiting to happen!

Rod: WAITING??!!!

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!

ETA . . .

Oh, and is it just me, or is Glenn BUILT like a brick . . . . .?????
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Sorry for the double post, y'all . . .

Just an observation . . .

Tommy had better be really, REALLY careful with what he says when the judges start in with: "Who did WHAT, here?"

He jumped right in with: "This was Derek's baby, I was just along for the ride with his concept!", basically. Not in a disrespectful, "I'm throwin' his ass under the bus!", way, but too quick on the trigger with it.

Bless his heart, I think the judges ---ESPECIALLY Glenn --- gave him a pass because Joe was obviously such a had-no-clue snotrag.

But I DON'T think they've forgotten what he said/did during questioning with Joe, either.

And eventually, I believe they'll not ONLY think he's somebody that would throw his own mother under the bus, if he felt he had to, but they also MIGHT start to think that he's insecure, and has to play the blame game when he works in a duo/team situation.

If he keeps it up, he might not be long for this world.

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 09-04-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I had to laugh that the makeup on Laura and Alana's dragon looked like Laura's face. I seem to remember thinking the same thing with the Star Wars challenge. I wish the Face Off website was better at showing who did which design because I went back to look at that challenge to verify that Laura did work on the design oI was thinking of but it didn't say who worked on which model.
    ness likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

Good point, pikachu!!

You're RIGHT!

And Alana?

Bless her heart, I just don't KNOW about that girl!

I liked this challenge EXCEPT at least half of them had Rat in the mix of animals - and when they added it had to include dragon - I wonder if the creators of the challenge forgot that one of the 12 IS a dragon, so they risked having one group just have two animals in it?

All five of the designs overall were really good, and like the judges said just with one or two minor tweaks on the bottom two designs they'd been stellar. Roy was right on the painting of the snake, but even then red wasn't a good idea - I looked at it and sighed, saying "It's too dark." Had they painted it in green and had a green outfit, it'd stood out and probably bumped it up to a higher level. The one with the boar and monkey - the horns had NO reason to be there. What kept Roy and his partner's design up there and safe was the fact they cleverly created the rabbit ears to also look like dragon horns.

BTW - am I right that Sarah actually went home? So that would mean that she didn't get immunity because she won $5,000. I was switching between "AGT" and this show so I don't know.

They booted Eric, jadewarlock.

And, as usual, your ideas are wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    They booted Eric, jadewarlock.

And, as usual, your ideas are wonderful!
    Oh, My apologies - like I said I didn't see all of it. Who won on the designs?

And I can't take credit for the ideas - Ve and Glenn suggested those. I think Ve suggested the all green paint for Roy's team and the other one they suggested a total repaint and take out the horns as they were not needed was Glen's (or he commented on it).

My suggestion though would've been to require one of the animals to be either of the designers, one of their own choice - which that case it was selected by lot, and of course the dragon which was required. Because of the required dragon - dragon on the zodiac was already taken so no one could do just two animals incorporated into it.

Oh, and once an animal was taken as half of their dragon - it couldn't be used for the second pick be it the one by lot or the one chosen by the team to use by their own birthdates.

Doing this would've reduced the chances they had half of the designs feature say rat for example.

The twelve animals are rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, goat, monkey, rooster, dog and pig. We ended up with three with the rat, one with the snake, one with the pig, one with the rabbit, one with the monkey, and I think one other with the monkey or pig - and all with the dragon.

Also of note - their "Dragons" are actually "Tigers" based on the number of people under the costume. Tigers have two pairs, dragons three pairs or more. While I'm sure costs factored it, this is just a minor quibble on the challenge - which I loved.
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Oh, My apologies - like I said I didn't see all of it. Who won on the designs?

And I can't take credit for the ideas - Ve and Glenn suggested those. I think Ve suggested the all green paint for Roy's team and the other one they suggested a total repaint and take out the horns as they were not needed was Glen's (or he commented on it).

My suggestion though would've been to require one of the animals to be either of the designers, one of their own choice - which that case it was selected by lot, and of course the dragon which was required. Because of the required dragon - dragon on the zodiac was already taken so no one could do just two animals incorporated into it.

Oh, and once an animal was taken as half of their dragon - it couldn't be used for the second pick be it the one by lot or the one chosen by the team to use by their own birthdates.

Doing this would've reduced the chances they had half of the designs feature say rat for example.

The twelve animals are rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, goat, monkey, rooster, dog and pig. We ended up with three with the rat, one with the snake, one with the pig, one with the rabbit, one with the monkey, and I think one other with the monkey or pig - and all with the dragon.

Also of note - their "Dragons" are actually "Tigers" based on the number of people under the costume. Tigers have two pairs, dragons three pairs or more. While I'm sure costs factored it, this is just a minor quibble on the challenge - which I loved.
    No need to apologize, jadewarlock!

You DID mention that you were watching AGT, too, so, no biggie!

Glad you brought up that there were a LOT of rats. I was wondering if I was just having a case of "rattitus", or something.

Love your ideas on how to cut down on the rats, too. This challenge was a great one, but let's face it, there're only so many rats you can see before you get tired of 'em.

Do you remember the name of the guy that partnered with Roy? Well, whatever, but I'd REALLY like to know just WHOSE idea it was to do theirs up in red and black. I mean, red and black are a couple of my favorite colors. But NOT how they were used there. Those colors/that color scheme WERE/WAS too dark. And I had to laugh when Roy said: "I'm not happy about the paint job. It looks like black acne!" Well, it DID!! And I liked that he reasoned the situation out and just let his partner go his way with it, knowing that if something WAS said about the paint job, he could honestly say HE didn't do it WITHOUT having put himself in a position of dippin' the guy in the grease.

Plus, doing it the way he did and NOT trying to say something or correct him, the guy wound up being able to learn something through making that mistake.

It was fantastic to see the dragons dance, too!

And thanks for shining a light on the difference between a traditional tiger vs. dragon costume. That was interesting to learn!

I hope Critical posts pics again, this week!
    Last edited by ness; 09-05-2012 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post

I hope Critical posts pics again, this week!
    I'm definitely going to keep posting the pics! That is, as long as SyFy keeps uploading them....
    pikachu and ness like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast