+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3/9 episode

Re: 3/9 episode

Conor does good work and has years of experience on his side. Tate seems to really do well when he's presented with a new challenge (remember the challenge where they had to add facial hair to men) - he also filled in more eyebrows on his Star Trekish guy. Gage also does well but dang...the boy's a bundle of nerves. Samantha has been kind of quiet and seems to be soaking up all the knowledge around her. I would be happy with any of them winning but I think it will be close with Conor and Tate - and Tate winning.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

FORT Fan

I thought Tate's was so fake and horrible...no wonder the girlfriend could not look at him! ANYONE could see it was a bad disguise, and since she was a fellow makeup/fx artist she HAD to have known !

I do think Megan's mom probably knew it was her...Megan seemed to give up. However, I didn't dislike her...she is younger and has less experience. She adores Conner but I felt he played it really safe. He has a ton of experience and talent I do think.

I am ok with any of them winning actually, this has proven to be a very interesting show for me, it really gives an interesting "behind the scenes" view of how they create the movie magic !

Quote Originally Posted by estygal4 View Post
    I thought Tate's was so fake and horrible...no wonder the girlfriend could not look at him! ANYONE could see it was a bad disguise, and since she was a fellow makeup/fx artist she HAD to have known !

I do think Megan's mom probably knew it was her...Megan seemed to give up. However, I didn't dislike her...she is younger and has less experience. She adores Conner but I felt he played it really safe. He has a ton of experience and talent I do think.

I am ok with any of them winning actually, this has proven to be a very interesting show for me, it really gives an interesting "behind the scenes" view of how they create the movie magic !
    I thought Tate's makeup was horrible too. I didn't understand all the praise from the judges. I mean, it was great that he did something really ambitious, but the character looked like something out of a low rent (or even lower rent, I should say) version of Big Momma's House. His makeup looked like the cheap stuff people would use to cover burns or vitaligo or something. It must have looked A LOT better in person.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I came here after watching the episode because I thought Tate's "goth character" was just ugly! It certainly changed how he looked, but I almost thought in a cartoon-ish way.
    I, personally, wasn't a fan of Gage's character, but I did think it far better than Tate's.

The right person went home though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12