+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Megan Areford

Megan Areford

Megan Areford

EXPERTISE: Horror

HOMETOWN: Pittsburgh, PA

RESIDENCE: Burbank, CA

Megan Areford is a self-proclaimed perfectionist, likes things to be in their place, and also possesses a very strong work ethic. Megan grew up in Pittsburgh, PA in a loving household with her mother and stepfather. At the age of seven, her grandmother taught her how to put on makeup and encouraged her to paint and draw. Megan decided to make special FX makeup her career and attended Tom Savini’s Special FX School of Makeup located near her hometown.
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 01-27-2011 at 11:00 PM.

Re: Megan Areford

Go home! Ugh. Her villian was terrible and she's just so annoying - definitely my least favorite right now.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post
    Go home! Ugh. Her villian was terrible and she's just so annoying - definitely my least favorite right now.
    Same here. I was disappointed she didn't go home last night. She hasn't done anything really good so far plus she's annoying. But I'm sure the producers wanted to keep her around for the drama she causes.

I've been disappointed with her projects recently. Had Tom not had the attitude toward Megan last week/last challenge, she might've gone home. I kinda think - even with the weak makeup, Marcel might've had an edge in the end because a functional makeup is better than a static mask and dopey reaction.

Sure, we've had villains with static masks - i.e. Jason's hockey mask. That said, even Jason has mannerisms and can express his emotions with a static face and his weapon. Megan's makeup - the guy just stood there and waved. Like - What? I'm in photography and I have more character just standing there. I also know how you can use photography as a weapon - more as a self-defense reason.

I think we're stuck with her for a while though based on some of the snippets of trailers we've seen. I do think she's the one with the robotic arm that has the swiveling gattling gun or something.

She's the worst

I can't believe she stayed over Tom! It's obvious that they're just keeping her there to piss me off at this point.

We may be stuck with her for a while though unless
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Next week they have the episode where she has the mechanical arm. I know that she is the one who has it, not Sam, because the woman was dark haired.

But I so agree with you - she's annoying, her makeup has been average overall, and she has this really arrogant vibe but her work doesn't back that up.

All this said, I will make ONE concession - she did have the stronger idea on the zombie, so I can see why she was safe. That said, the only creative part was the zombie's boobs being of silicon. The face was overdone and too bloody. Facial plastic surgery does not necessarily involve the whole face.

FORT Newbie

Smile Re: Megan Areford

My son and I said she'd do beauty makeup and a wig and sure enough, that's exactly what she did. We also found it rather creepy that she decided to become Conor's model that she was so jealous of last time.

I found her incredibly annoying. She pretty much did nothing and showed no real talent (we, too, thought the Elvis couple was much better the week Megan won) Her laugh sounded like a giggling horse. No adult woman should ever giggle! I think the thing that irritated me most about her was that she pissed away this opportunity because she was so focused on getting a boyfriend. Maybe she actually has talent. We'll never know because all she seemed to care about was getting Conor--a man old enough to be her father--as a boyfriend and not about her career.

Glad to see you go, twit!

She deserved to go for sure. She was out of her league and I think her "I'm so tired" statement meant that she knew it. I'll give her credit though, I think she will be successful as a beauty make-up artist. She seemed really good at basic makeup (of course about all I know about makeup is that the star goes on the right eye if you are being Paul Stanley).

So glad she's finally gone! And what a send-off. The judges really let her have it, didn't they?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast