+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Face Off - SyFy

Face Off - SyFy

I don't know if there's a thread for this show yet, but if there is I apologize and you can delete this.

SyFy has entered the reality game show ring before with the Ghost Hunters competition, but they have a new one called "Face Off," which premiered Wednesday at 10 p.m. (9 CST).

This show has 12 contestants competing to see who will be the next big name in movie makeup and magic.

The first challenge - which required the contestants to pair up and create hybrids of half-human/half-animal beings was quite good. Totally agreed with the winners and losing team. I was a little disappointed that one team was in the middle because their hybrid looks quite good and had both aspects done creatively, but that was all right with me because they had to have placed third in the grouping.

They have a quick challenge and then a spotlight (elimination) challenge. The quick challenge was right off at the beginning, and was creative in its own right.

I'm actually looking forward to this show, because you'll win or lose based on what you do, and the judges - all well-known for their movie makeup (some Oscar winning), are going to be strict.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Re: Face Off - SyFy

Dang! I forgot to watch. It looked good from the previews. I'll have to look to see when they're rerunning it.

I was very pleasantly surprised at this one. I loved the way it was set up, the challenges, and the judging. Hope the show continues in this vein. I agreed completely with the judging and liked that the winner (Connor?), when asked about who he felt should be eliminated had a technical reason behind his choice. He thought about, was clearly uncomfortable, but then addressed the main flaw in the design! I'm looking forward to this one. Well done, ScyFi! (See, I finally spelled the name the way they do.....I've been resisting that ever since they did it!) This one is definitely got a great start! Two thumbs up, even!
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

I was also pleasantly surprised by the show last night. Some of these people are really good! The top two of the first challenge were just amazing to me - I liked the green one a bit better but that rose face was incredible.

Very excited to see how the season progresses!

+ Reply to Thread