+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 7/22 Face Off 7: Episode 1

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

7/22 Face Off 7: Episode 1

Yikes! I'm worried about the quality of the contestants this season after seeing the results of the first challenge. Granted they weren't able to pick the prosthetic and the item they were given to incorporate into their character but a professional makeup artist makes it work with whatever they're given.

Most of the "Life" makeups still looked like "Death". I was very underwhelmed by that group as a whole.

Dina's look was my favorite by far. Her makeup job reminded me of Laura's from a past season--clean, cohesive, and beautiful.

It looks like color was the biggest stumbling block for this group, with plenty of ok looks completely destroyed by a horrible color choice. Next up was lack of cohesion between the makeup and the clothes of the character. They have to go together and tell the same story or the whole character doesn't work.

Re: 7/22 Face Off 7: Episode 1

Dina ROCKED it!

No question!

Piping those veins on the model was nothing short of absolute GENIUS!

One guy I KNOW I'm going to get pretty tired of, pretty fast, is Cig, with the "off-the-wall LOOK AT ME!" headgear.

Please.

Maybe he's GOT the goods . . .

But if he DOES, he sure as hell DOESN'T need to be parading 'em around on his noggin!

More later!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Yeah, Cig struck me as the attention whore of the season. I hope he's not all blow and no show.

BTW, sometimes you can tell an artist by their own look. I liked Dina's makeup and clothes and her artistic style matched that. Some of those girls looked hideous with their strange-colored hair and weird makeup and I generally didn't like their characters either. Definitely a clash of style between their taste and mine.
    ness likes this.

Agreed.

I'm not saying you should show up in a dress and heels, or a suit and tie to do makeups . . .

But, DAMN!!

These kids have taken it WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY overboard!!

Methinks Anthony's bandanna was TAME and NORMAL by comparison with THIS crowd, huh????

LOLOLOLOL!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

So did anyone else immediately peg the two going home tonight? Just curious :-)

And I think we'll see better makeups soon. I think they were all stunned by the twist combined with the mystery boxes and items. (And yes, I do think that they should be able to incorporate anything at any time. But on a set, they know what the movie's (or TV show's) about. I think this gave us a pretty good idea of who can handle the pressure that they're going to have to deal with for the rest of the season.

Although I do wish more picked better paint combos and did better jobs painting.
    Dicechick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    So did anyone else immediately peg the two going home tonight? Just curious :-)
    Guilty as charged!

I am so disappointed that Ve will only be on a couple of episodes.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

I had the bottom looks pegged too and who would most likely be sent home - the ones that looked like a newbie could paint them. IN fact - HIS looked like a badly melted giant crayon you make in an oven with slivers broken and cut through it and horrible paint topped on it. (I honestly don't know how else to describe it besides bad... and I didn't like it at all). The other girl saw what was wrong, but honestly she gave up.

I like Dina's ideas and quick thinking - great use of leaves and I didn't even know what her prosthetics were because she blended them in well. She, Naelyn and I admit Raven lady (Shae?) were my favorites and deserving of the top three.

This is one thing I didn't get though - WHY was Shae worried on using the eye pieces as a hand piece? MacKenzie said to use the prosthetics given to them... NOT require them to be on the model's face. I DO think her makeup could've worked with the eyepiece, but it was a creative attempt... failed, but it was a creative attempt.

Wasn't as keen on the guy's needle boned face death makeup, but it was effective for being one of the "Death" makeups for that reason. (I wasn't keen because it unnerved me, not because it was bad... far from it).

Honestly most of the life makeups were better than the death ones - which his kinda nice because it's NICE to see beautiful makeups. I'm hoping that they use this idea throughout the season - half do "Death/dark" themes and the other "Life/beauty/light" themes each week so we're not seeing nothing but an endless drone of horror/gross makeups. (Then again, that may be the point... and can't say as I blame them).

Will be sad to not see Ve this season, but she definitely has a good reason to not be there with "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay." True, the filming is over and this was filmed earlier in the season, but she's done an excellent job on that series that it was good she was part of the final parts. The new judge I like too because she sees the positive and negative in the makeups like Ve - she's NOT Ve light, but a nice and equal replacement who only wants to see the designers succeed and give tips and encouragement - even if eliminated. I like that.

I think it's a woman's season this go-round, but I'm going to have to think about my team right now... lead designer has decided the winners the past two seasons in the pool, so it's a hard choice.

Frankly, Scott and Gabby DID seem the most nervous, to me. WITH reason. So I WAS kinda thinking they just might not be long for the FaceOff world.

Those twists were absolutely heinous. Evil, truth be told. I think Michelangelo himself would've had a devil of a time going on to the next phase of the comp, if he'd had to deal with those twists and turns.

But, then again, they DID serve to separate the wheat from the chaff quick, fast and in a hellified hurry.

And I found it REALLY ironic that when just Glenn and Neville viewed/commented on the Life makeups right after they'd been created, what was said by BOTH of 'em was that Keaghlan's (sp? Blue Hair?) was cold-looking and COULD'VE represented Death, rather than Life. BUT, when ALL FOUR judges critiqued that makeup on the reveal stage the day AFTER that initial critique by the guys, the point about her makeup being cold-looking and almost able to represent Death, instead --- very interestingly enough! --- was NOT mentioned by ANY of 'em.

Matter of fact, all FOUR of 'em practically RAVED about it, then, IIRC.

It's JMHO, and a general question, but, hell, since Blue Hair produced a Life makeup that came dangerously close to being a Death makeup because of the coloring (and since that WAS mentioned the day BEFORE by Neville AND Glenn), why didn't ANY of the four judges see fit to bring THAT little discrepancy up during the reveal stage critiques the day AFTER all the makeups were originally created?

Please.

How QUICKLY and conveniently Glenn and Neville FORGOT about their day-before comments on that particular makeup.

My question is if these people "weren't on the show yet" why were they on the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    My question is if these people "weren't on the show yet" why were they on the show?
    Yeah, I thought that was dumb, too! Obviously they all were on the show, at least for one episode. I guess what the judges meant to say was they weren't selected as contestants yet. They were still technically in the audition phase.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast