+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Face Off 7 Pool

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Face Off 7 Pool

Face Off 7 Pool

It’s time for another season of Face Off and another pool! Here’s what to do to sign up:

1. Choose a Team Name.
    2. Choose 1 contestant to be your Lead Make-Up Artists. They’ll earn double points for you.
    3. Choose 3 contestants to be your Assistant Make-Up Artists.
    4. Choose 1 contestant to be your Reserve Make-Up Artists. They’ll be put into play after one of your other make-up artists is eliminated.

Contestants to choose from:
    • Barry Mahoney, 33, Southborough, MA
    • Cig Neutron, 25, Los Angeles, CA
    • Damien Zimmerman, 25, Junction City, KS
    • David O’Connell, 26, Orlando, FL
    • Dina Cimarusti, 28, Chicago, IL
    • Drew Talbot, 29, Pittsburgh, PA
    • Gabby Leithsceal, 42, Loveland, OH
    • George Troester III, 27, Panorama City, CA
    • Gwen Crew, 25, Swissvale, PA
    • Jason Hodges, 27, Atlanta, GA
    • Keaghlan Ashley, 24, Oxnard, CA
    • Rachael Wagner, 24, Los Angeles, CA
    • Sasha Glasser, 22, Los Angeles, CA
    • Scott Mitchell, 48, Chicago, IL
    • Stella Sensel, 34, Brooklyn, NY
    • Vince Niebla, 42, San Diego, CA

The show starts July 22nd so the deadline to submit your team is July 29th, before the second episode airs.

Points Schedule
    Each week in competition: 10 points
    Won Foundation Challenge: 10 points
    Won Spotlight Challenge: 20 points
    Part of a team that won the Spotlight Challenge: 10 points
    In the top in the Spotlight Challenge: 5 points
    In the bottom in the Spotlight Challenge: -5 points
    Eliminated: -10 points
    Quit/Kicked Out: -20 points
    Out due to family emergency/injury: 0 points
    Season Winner: 30 points
    Season Runner-up: 15 points

Re: Face Off 7 Pool

I'm going to enter again and will make my list similar to last year - after the first episode.

That said... should the deadline be delayed until the third episode this season? I'm asking this only because they are doing a final makeup challenge to make the show the first episode, so all of them will be a bit frazzled trying to even make the show.

But - just to toss my hat in the ring:

My team will remain the same - The Magic Jammies (done well with it so far, why not)?

Mascot (if we're having them this year) - Ralph, Bill and Pam? If not all three, then Ralph and Bill to keep it varied. Seems to work - season 5, Greenguy, finished runner up, season 6 - Ralph - winner.

The one week delay is mostly to give us a chance to see the designers in action and get to know their personalities before choosing our teams, so I think one week is enough for that.

I wish we had been given one episode in the Big Brother pool before having to choose our teams. Yikes, Devin was nothing like I thought he would be! Some things you can't know just by reading someone's bio and seeing their picture on the website.

I hadn't decided on a mascot/avatar theme so I just decided to leae it open-ended. You can choose whatever you like.

Of course, if anyone has any ideas for a theme (something that fits the general theme of the show and something we haven't done before), I'm open to suggestions.

Since the theme this season is life and death, I was considering having us pick creatures to represent one of those (for instance angels for life, the grim reaper for death) but I wasn't sure if people would like that or get enough ideas for it. I was thinking of using a crow or raven for my team to symbolize death.

Or we could do vehicles from sci-fi movies, like the Millenium Falcon, the Starship Enterprise, etc.
    Last edited by pikachu; 07-18-2014 at 05:54 PM.

I decided not to watch. They are jamming these seasons to close back to back. I am worn down.

That's too bad, razorbacker, but I understand. We'll catch you for a later pool!

Face Off is one reality show I haven't gotten tired of yet. I've pretty much given up on The Bachelor or any romance-oriented reality show, Hell's Kitchen, The Apprentice and Next Top Model lost me for a while but I think I'll watch the upcoming season. I had also given up on Big Brother but returned to watching it this season.

Sometimes reality shows get to feel like the same old-same old...different season, different contestants, but same pointless drama.
    Last edited by pikachu; 07-21-2014 at 09:27 AM.
    Florimel, ness and inthegarden like this.

I'm going to be talking out of both sides of my mouth, but just bear with me here, please . . .

I agree with razorbacker that they sure are running the Face Off seasons one on top of the other.

Having said THAT . . .

As of this point in time that I'm typing this, Face Off is STILL pretty much the only reality show left out there that I live to see. I like the challenges, the creativity of what the artists come up with (and HOW they come up with it!), seeing their screwups, the judges, McKenzie, her dad, and so on. Also, in particular, I LIKE that they DON'T seem to go so much into whatever's going on in the house before they get out on location, or into the lab.

Although I've gotta admit, I DID seem to notice a wee tad bit more of the household footage the past couple seasons, or so.

And whatever's going on inside the house OUTSIDE of the lab is NOT what I watch this show for, so I wish they'd back off that aspect of it.

Lord knows, if there's a clown or a lunatic in the bunch, whoever it is does a pretty damned good job of outing themselves as they do their work in the lab. So seeing them act a fool in the house, too, would be WAAAAYYYY too much for me to tolerate and be bothered with each week.

I'll get my stuff set before the second ep airs. My team name will remain the same.

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    As of this point in time that I'm typing this, Face Off is STILL pretty much the only reality show left out there that I live to see. I like the challenges, the creativity of what the artists come up with (and HOW they come up with it!), seeing their screwups, the judges, McKenzie, her dad, and so on. Also, in particular, I LIKE that they DON'T seem to go so much into whatever's going on in the house before they get out on location, or into the lab.

Although I've gotta admit, I DID seem to notice a wee tad bit more of the household footage the past couple seasons, or so.
    It was rather prevalent I think through the third season as far as inside house. Now they do it in case it has relevance to the episode ahead or if it's the final three. And like you - I am much in agreement that it's better WITHOUT the house stuff. There's enough drama at times - and most of it justified frustration at the task at hand (not each other), to take out the house stuff.

The only other show I have started to like is Motor City Masters, but the smack talk is a detractor (the cars are very cool). I liked Ink Master but after the had a boloney win this past season (the winner was NOT better than the runner-up, plus the runner-up had NEVER been in threat of elimination, the winner did - and he was saved over a better tattoo), I won't watch it because they've only had one true winner in their four seasons as far as work.

As far as the pool for this season - I like the idea of spaceships or traveling devices. The green guy's ship from "Greatest American Hero" would also work to fit the "Life/Death" season theme they're trying this year - after all, Bill's first partner was killed and beamed up to the ship, they reanimate folks to use as messengers, and of course they later on had to save Ralph after he was shot by bad guys.

I agree with all of you. I like Face Off for the same reasons. I don't care what goes on in the house unless it pertains to the episode. I really don't want to know about their personal life and personal problems. I'm interested in their creativity, skill, problem solving and design ability. How they approach the challenge each week and their interaction in a work environment.

Blue Team's In.
    Florimel likes this.

BTW . . .

LOVE my new FaceOff 7 av, pika!

As ALWAYS . . .

THANK YOU!!!!

ness
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I'm liking the new avatars... can I choose a mascot that is "life" and not death? (I've got one either way - the little green alien with the antenna from "GAH" if life - if death, why not a Dalek? - I've seen enough of real death in the past year and a half to NOT want a literal kind, but allusion, hence the pepper pot ) If not - I can just keep my current avatar.

Pretty much know who my team will be, but I need to look at the stills of the contestant's pieces from last night to make the final decision, since I know at least one or two were "safe" that I think will do better without the "final audition" entry to worry about.

Also - who were the ones eliminated so we don't accidentally pick them?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast