+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 3/26 FINALE episode - *spoilers*

Re: 3/26 FINALE episode - *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm finally watching the episode now. WOW. Anthony won with Eric Z. AND Autumn on his team? He totally deserved that win!
    Ain't THAT the livin' truth?!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

some thoughts...
    Anthony totally deserved the win just for getting Eric and Autumn to function as a cohesive team! Those 2 had major issues previously.

Ness - I'll bet you're right about the TPTB having a little chat with her (and maybe all the returning helpers). This time there seemed to be a much better vibe from previous seasons. I think it was Season 2 where the heavy-set guy (Jerry? I can't remember names like some of you!) was really undermining his finalist and telling the other guy he had it in the bag. Just not cool. Much, much better this time around.

I kinda liked Wayne's horns. I wondered if he didn't sink the back of them for practical reasons? With all the water and movement, they might have been vulnerable to breakage if applied more traditionally? just a thought.

I looked at Kris's female again and not only did the color jar, but the sculpt seemed rough. With the super clean edges and coloring (almost an Art Deco feel) of his male, this was simply too disjointed. I couldn't find anything appealing about his female. I liked Kris a lot and would have been ok with him winning, but he fell apart on this challenge - well, half of it at least!
    Florimel and ness like this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Few notes now seeing Pikachu's photo uploads of the designs:

1. Kris' female makeup should've had a little bit better prosthetics. She didn't change nearly as much as he did, and that on top of the coloring hurt her. I also question the way they did the hair, but not as much as I thought I would (it looked great spinning in Le Reve).

2. I think Anthony's team out of all three REALLY liked the makeup - they really got into their photos in character, with Kris' male model in the mix. The others I think weren't nearly as happy (and Kris' I think she was self conscious given she just had the chest piece and no backup in case something went wrong and it came apart) with their makeups.

3. Again with Anthony - you can look at them and read the story clearly - which is WHY I also think he won over Kris.

4. Wayne's makeup - seriously, it's just hard to get WHY just about every one of his characters is grey beyond the lack of time management.

Now one point as far as the show used for the final challenge: Le Reve I was right has similarities to Cirque du Soleil because the director directed several of their shows, including the water one "O." The swimmers are SCUBA certified and they change up the show every so often in order to keep it fresh for repeat visitors.

Would love to see Anthony's work in the production, and maybe an updated female one for Kris'.
    ness likes this.

Wasn't fair that Anthony had to pick last both rounds. They should have reversed the order in the 2nd round. But it didn't matter as he still won. I too was thinking that if Kris made the female diver of also luminescent color like gold, I think he had a better chance, however, the silhouette is still not as good as the male diver.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 03-29-2013 at 03:15 AM.
    ness likes this.

His female performer also had more body mass than the other two female performers. A solid gold color rather than the striping would have help with her silhouette as well.
    ness and Gala62 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    His female performer also had more body mass than the other two female performers. A solid gold color rather than the striping would have help with her silhouette as well.
    Agreed.

Matter of fact, I actually remember thinking when I saw her that she was built like a female wrestler.
    Gala62 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Last edited by jammyjoe; 04-17-2013 at 06:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12