+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ness
  • 1 Post By Gala62

Thread: 3/5 episode - *spoilers*

3/5 episode - *spoilers*

Double elimination. Bioilluminescence. Variety of creature choices.

Anthony's back on top (and his piece was gorgeous). Megan and Eric..uh..F? are gone. (Not the Eric with the weird hair, the young one who was teamed with Autumn last week.)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 3/5 episode - *spoilers*

Eric Z.

I predicted he would go soon but at the same time I thought Meagan was gonna last a couple more episodes.

I have to admit I liked the idea of this challenge, but really only Anthony got both aspects of the challenge correct. His piece was stunning in both lights - and I hope that he acts as though each challenge now is a double elimination to try and keep the designs up.

The runner-up's design was also stunning, even though he didn't quite have the bio-glow (lot easier to say) paint correct. Still his sculpt was stunning.

Wasn't surprised at any of the bottom three places. Megan and Eric Z. were not long for this show and their works were NOT good. Megan had a decent enough idea with the Venus fly trap but it was so horribly done. The other the Bio-glow makeup was just horrid.

I will say I'm enjoying the designs a lot more though this season overall than in previous years. Next week challenge will be interesting and fun.

I really feel for Z because while I knew he wasn't gonna WIN it, I would've liked to've seen him survive at least two or more weeks after having had to deal with Autumn.

At LEAST DD's ass has gone "Buh-Bye"! AND The Three Plus One didn't let her skate like they did Jenna.

So THAT'S something good, anyway.

More later.
    sparklete likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Eric Z.

I predicted he would go soon but at the same time I thought Meagan was gonna last a couple more episodes.
    Really? I figured Meagan was a gonner since week 2 when she created Super TV Remote Man
    The Moral Of Big Brother 11: If you don't play nice, Chima will pay you a visit.

so sad, too bad DD is gone. Well not REALLY. lol
    Although her negativity never reached the depths/nastiness of Autumn, I could not figure out how she made it onto the show. Did they need one more female to round out the numbers?? I never saw any true talent/creativity in her work. Maybe the time constraints were her downfall.

Eric Z? This was his real shot to shine after the Autumn debacle. And he tanked. Badly. His bio-glow was so awful it was comical. It looked liked pigeon poop on the shoulders.

House put out a shockingly bad creature. He's very lucky not to have gone home. I'm surprised by him. In the beginning I thought he was going to be a serious contender. But I don't know if it's the time constraints or lack of creativity or what, but he has not put together anything memorable, except that stupid mouth in the stomach (which I hated, but the judges seemed to like).

Fox's was again all about the concept. In the bio-glow, parts of it were stunning. But in the ambient light it looked a hot mess.

Wayne. Oh Wayne. This dude seriously needs to get a clock superglued to his forehead or something. How can he repeatedly be so piss poor at time management? The sculpt was amazing, so he must be getting lost in detail work and then waking up too late.

Kris's was my choice for 2nd best. He executed the bio-glow much better than Wayne and his sculpt was very good also. The face just needed a bit more expression, but that's it.

YAY Anthony!!! Finally got his mojo back! And boy did he nail this challenge. No one was really even close. Good for him!

No women left now. But good for the judges for not keeping Megan just to have one token woman on board.

F3? Anthony, Kris and either Wayne or Fox
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Anthony is back! And in a big way. The guest judge for this episode was a producer for Avatar, so he knows his bio-glow and it just so happens that Anthony has Avatar in his resume. I don't know what his internish responsibilities were, but he does understand painting.

I'm looking for a final three of Anthony, Eric F and Kris. Of course, next week Eric F may truly bite off more than he can chew and spit out as a finished product.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

That would be the best F3 right now. Eric F. is my favorite right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    so sad, too bad DD is gone. Well not REALLY. lol
    Although her negativity never reached the depths/nastiness of Autumn, I could not figure out how she made it onto the show. Did they need one more female to round out the numbers?? I never saw any true talent/creativity in her work. Maybe the time constraints were her downfall.

Eric Z? This was his real shot to shine after the Autumn debacle. And he tanked. Badly. His bio-glow was so awful it was comical. It looked liked pigeon poop on the shoulders.

House put out a shockingly bad creature. He's very lucky not to have gone home. I'm surprised by him. In the beginning I thought he was going to be a serious contender. But I don't know if it's the time constraints or lack of creativity or what, but he has not put together anything memorable, except that stupid mouth in the stomach (which I hated, but the judges seemed to like).

Fox's was again all about the concept. In the bio-glow, parts of it were stunning. But in the ambient light it looked a hot mess.

Wayne. Oh Wayne. This dude seriously needs to get a clock superglued to his forehead or something. How can he repeatedly be so piss poor at time management? The sculpt was amazing, so he must be getting lost in detail work and then waking up too late.

Kris's was my choice for 2nd best. He executed the bio-glow much better than Wayne and his sculpt was very good also. The face just needed a bit more expression, but that's it.

YAY Anthony!!! Finally got his mojo back! And boy did he nail this challenge. No one was really even close. Good for him!

No women left now. But good for the judges for not keeping Megan just to have one token woman on board.

F3? Anthony, Kris and either Wayne or Fox
    Ah, sweet DD, we BARELY knew ye.

And what we DID know of you, we didn’t LIKE!

I’m with you in having to wonder whether or not they were trying to get the female numbers up to snuff with the male. Because you’re right: I never saw on the show where she was THAT talented or creative. EVER. ESPECIALLY when she was working on her own.

Granted, the time constraints are a bear. For EVERYBODY. Actually, I’d even class them as pretty insane, in quite a few, or most, instances. But I think what really did her in was her perpetual negative mindset AND the fact that she wasn’t exactly a stellar artist who was good at thinking on her feet. THEN following through and executing well on what she’d thought up. And, frankly, I believe she could use a few courses in painting and sculpting.

Of course I was watching Z, and I STILL can’t figure out HOW that boy screwed the pooch on that to the extent he did. Yeah, that head DID look like pigeon poop. Ve also made reference to the thing resembling a cookie that was getting ready to go into battle with a bunch of bakers, or something. It kinda reminded me of Sarah’s hideous Cookie Monster that she made up from the kid’s drawing, last season. I SO wanted Z to have lasted at LEAST one or two shows after having tangoed with Fall on two previous occasions, but that just wasn’t gonna happen.

I agree with you about House, too. Looks like he came out of the gate with a little bit of a head of steam built up. But that little bit seems as though it’s just about completely petered out. After seeing his Icy Goblin King, I was thinking he’d be one of the ones to give Anthony a real run for his money. But Anthony is far and away the better of the two, based on what I’ve seen from the both of them so far. I thought House’s comic book hero was absolutely hideous (why The Three raved about that one so, I’ll never know). His candy person with the hellmouth stomach? Yecch. And his offering from THIS week, to me, had echoes of “The Creature From the Black Lagoon”. In blue and white, that is. And even though that one was done waaaaaaay back when and makeup techniques today are far superior now, personally, I like that old-school Creature better than House’s 21st century bio-glow.

Fox seems a really great, likeable, fun person. And he IS a competent artist, to be sure. But yep, again, he also reminds me of a low-rent Roy. I think Glenn was right: Fox is gonna let that “Big. BIGGER! BIGGEST!”, “Let’s take it to where it’s COMPLETELY off-the-wall!” mindset of his send his ass straight out that door. He DOES always slap stuff together at the last second, believing it’ll fly because he’s thinking that the “Big.” and/or off-the-wall aspect of what he’s done will make up for any technical flaws. So far, he HAS managed to at least squeak through most times with that mindset (even won a Spotlight, IIRC), and it’s worked for him.

But that ain’t gonna happen forever, like Glenn ALSO said.

I’ve got very, very little respect left for Wayne because he does this foolishness time after time after time. Getting his tail caught in the door on at least a couple of occasions most likely would’ve been enough to’ve been a wake-up call for MOST people, I think. By now, he’s had MORE than a little experience with how this works and time to get his crap together. So, I’m not feeling the “getting lost in detail work” point.

Kris IS very good. No doubt about it. But this was NOT one of my faves of his. I GOT the color, but I HATED the color. And sculpting the face out of silicone? I would’ve thought he’d’ve KNOWN better, or would’ve LEARNED better from Alam having done HER face sculpt in silicone. HOW IN THE HECK DID HE THINK THE ACTOR WAS GOING TO BE ABLE TO GET ANY FACIAL EMOTION OUT THERE? And, like Ve, no, I didn’t care for the fig leaf. And no, I didn’t care for the hair on this thing, either.

Anthony? YES! Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL work. LOVED his creature! And yep, I think he was the only one that REALLY worked BOTH aspects of the painting. Now, if he can just keep his head in the game and keep it up, he’s a lock for F2, and possibly even a win.

I'm glad they went ahead and showed DD the door, too! Maybe The Three realized --- or had been told by TPTB --- that they’d done themselves AND the show a BIG disservice by letting Jenna linger around as long as she did. Everybody understood and felt bad for her hand situation. BUT, her hand being messed up as it was was NOT gonna cut it. Actually, truth be told, Jenna should've been gone on the ep that they bounced Katie on.

So, THIS time, with DD, the immediate: “Here’s your hat, what’s your hurry?” ending for her kind of redeemed THEM.

I like the sound of your F3 . . .

Wayne and Fox are BOTH pretty much guilty of the same sin(s), so it’ll be down to seeing who makes the biggest mess of their time management and smears it around.

Kris is good, but I think Anthony is superior. If Anthony doesn’t lose his mind and/or get blocked again and make unrecoverable mistakes, he should be the winner.

Of course, anything could happen to send our best-laid thoughts out into orbit.

General Question on the Table for Everybody:

Of the artists that are left, who is it that you feel would make the best representative and guest lecturer at the Makeup Forever Academies in New York and Paris?

Just curious, and I'd really like to know what your choices are, and why.
    Last edited by ness; 03-07-2013 at 05:11 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

hmmm.....that's a good question ness.

I'd have to go with Anthony. I think he has the industry experience AND the creativity. Both very valuable. Plus he's articulate...and a damn nice guy.
    I mean, honestly. Can you see Fox lecturing to a group of professionals? Sure he's passionate and talented, but hehehe....sorry, I'm just visualizing him trying to teach making that candy blob.
    Kris would be a close second.
    Wayne would just be late to class every day.
    ness likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

+ Reply to Thread