+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10/30 season finale part 1

10/30 season finale part 1

I admit I didn't watch the whole episode tonight as far as the behind the scenes stuff that goes on before the reveal, but I did watch the exhibition of the monsters and the stunt show.

Laura's and Nicole's good witches were stunning, and their monsters I feel were overall good. Laura's monster was a little too yellow for my liking and Nicole's has the issue with the horns - they don't look like sea life. I think she'd been better with maybe something along the lines of a seahorse ear or something.

Derek's - the Fire Witch looked like Darth Maul in a female version and the Demon was just bad in my opinion - it looked fake.

What really bugged me is that the judges seemed to be overall favorable to both of Derek's designs and not the demons of the two women.

But honestly - a WOMAN should win this season. I will be happy with either of them winning, because both put their heart and soul into those designs tonight and they really were stunning. And yes, this is the first time if Nicole were to win over Laura that I will not be unhappy a returned contestant wins, becasue she has earned it.

Re: 10/30 season finale part 1

I didn't like Derek's at all. I was surprised at how much the judges liked his. And I agree with jadewarlock's analysis of Laura's and Nicole's.

While I'm hoping that Laura wins, I'll be OK if Nicole takes it.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I didn't like Derek's at all. I was surprised at how much the judges liked his. And I agree with jadewarlock's analysis of Laura's and Nicole's.

While I'm hoping that Laura wins, I'll be OK if Nicole takes it.
    I cast 20 votes for Laura. Last night, I liked Nicole's creations a bit more than Laura's, but I like Laura's body of work over the course of the show more than Nicole's. I'd be happy with either winning though. Derek's work has been too hit and miss. And I too don't understand why the judges were so impressed with his work last night.

Out of the women I too would prefer Laura winning because she has had overall the best work and didn't skip a challenge.

That said, I won't be disappointed if Nicole won because she is one of those rare birds - very rare (yes redundant) birds who didn't fritter away her second chance and actually produced overall quality work (The Grimm design to me the only exception).

Derek - I'm sorry, simply does NOT deserve it. He'd be the weakest winner of the three.

one can only imagine what would've happened if Roy was in the mix, especially if he beat out Derek for the final three.

Now, that was an exciting finale. All good stuff. Based on season long output, I still have to favor Laura. Nicole is certainly a close second.

Anyone know why the judges didn't take a closer look at the make-ups last night after the skit was done? I have a feeling if they had they would not have praised Derek as much as they did. Did anyone notice the issues with his witches eye area? I wonder why he didn't at least camouflage it with paint or something.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I really wanted to like Derek and his brother at the beginning of this season because they seemed like nice guys in the first episode. However, they have had problems with color usage this whole season. I liked the idea Derek had but the colors he chose for the lava effect on his queen were atrocious.

It pains me that Roy went out last week and now Laura seems to be running out of gas at the worst possible time. I agree with razorbacker that I'm still backing her as the season winner based on her overall body of work and the fact that she was never eliminated.

I wouldn't be too unhappy if Nicole won, though. She certainly has made the most of her second chance. I loved her queen and demon the most. The demon made me think of my birthsign, Capricorn, which fit very well with the water theme.

I would be most dissatisfied if Derek won this season. Frankly, I don't know how he even made it to the finale.

I had to LOL that nobody chose Alana to be on their team in the finale. Hmmm, I wonder why....

I was soooo disappointed in Roy with his bad attitude about helping Nicole. It's his own fault that he got booted before the finale. The judges had been telling him that he was being too ambitious and should scale down his projects each week so he could produce better quality but he wouldn't listen. He could at least use the moment for one more display of his work. If he had been in the finale, would he have wanted one of the other contestants to be so bitter toward him??

I forgot to say I thoiught Roy came off as an asshat last night. To bad, cause he is very talented but part of this whole thing was to work together. If an employer sees that stuff it may cost him the chance at a job.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu;4578122
    I wouldn't be too unhappy if Nicole won, though. She certainly has made the most of her second chance. I loved her queen and demon the most. [B
    The demon made me think of my birthsign, Capricorn, which fit very well with the water theme.[/B]
    I'm wondering why, pikachu, since Capricorn is a Cardinal Earth sign.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fan

I have to think that the praise for Derek was due to how poorly it photographed on camera compared to how it looked in real life. Maybe the make-up looked better in person. At first I thought he had skipped doing the eyes, then noticed in the close up that the mask was done up to the eyes and he just painted the triangles into it. I did like Nicole's work slightly more than Laura's last night, but voted for Laura. I felt that since she produced high caliber work week after week and that Nicole didn't participate some weeks that Laura should take it. I think that there is a stamina factor to lasting this long and producing quality work and Laura took that. Derek's work looked like evil demon versus evil witch instead of good witch versus evil demon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast