+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ness
  • 1 Post By Critical

Thread: Roy Wooley - Contestant

Roy Wooley - Contestant

Expertise: Sculpting, Prosthetics, Airbrushing, Fabrication
    Occupation: Freelance Makeup Artist, Chief Makeup Artist & Creature Designer for Netherworld Haunted House
    Hometown: Goodsprings, AL
    Residence: Tucker, GA

Roy Wooley grew up in Alabama, where he attended the same high school as his mother. His mother and family hoped for Roy to choose a stable profession like preaching or coal mining. However, after Roy snuck into American Werewolf in London, he fell in love with special effects makeup and the creation of monsters. Since there were not any SFX schools for Roy to attend, he relied on tutorial videos, books and friends to learn more about the field. When he moved to Georgia, the local haunted house did not have a makeup department, so Roy took a job at the haunted house as an actor. Over the years, Roy has built up and now runs the makeup department at one of the country's leading haunted houses. In his off-season, he works for low budget films.

Contestants | Face Off | Syfy

Re: Roy Wooley - Contestant

He's got to be one of my top picks for this season...plus he just seems like a fun guy!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Seems like he may operate at a higher level that all the others. Ya never know, since it just takes one bad judgement call or unfortunate turn but I would put my money on this guy!

I SUSPECTED he was connected to Netherworld when I ran across an article saying he was the HKIC (i.e., Head Knocker In Charge) of makeup, costuming, creature creation, etc., at a nationally-known haunted house here (the name of the haunted house was NOT mentioned, BTW).

Lo and behold, it IS him.

This guy seems to be a really heavy hitter. Unless, like scoot13 said, he makes a severe error in judgement or has a REALLY bad problem getting it together during a challenge, I think it might just be a neck-and-neck deal going on with him and Rod.
    scoot13 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    I SUSPECTED he was connected to Netherworld when I ran across an article saying he was the HKIC (i.e., Head Knocker In Charge) of makeup, costuming, creature creation, etc., at a nationally-known haunted house here (the name of the haunted house was NOT mentioned, BTW).

Lo and behold, it IS him.

This guy seems to be a really heavy hitter. Unless, like scoot13 said, he makes a severe error in judgement or has a REALLY bad problem getting it together during a challenge, I think it might just be a neck-and-neck deal going on with him and Rod.
    Agreed. My final 4 is Rod, Roy, Laura and Sarah. So far, they're turning out the best work. Of course, as we know, it could all change with just one challenge!
    scoot13 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Totally agree with all of you on those points. I do think the four Critical mentioned though if they keep their cool like they have they'll continue with strong work and for the most part stay safe if not top looks. That said, if they pull say a Ven or any contestant who thinks they're all that and a bag of chips for doing well or again a Ven and keep the same idea over and over and over again - then they'll be in trouble.

I agree with the "pulling a Ven", jadewarlock.

Ain't NO way the judges --- Ve and Glenn, ESPECIALLY --- are gonna put up with that.

Roy and Rod seem so comfortable and secure with themselves, and their talent, that I would be VERY surprised if one of them fell in to that particular hole.

But, then again, people ARE human, and things DO happen, so, we'll see.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

well Rod and Sara have shown themselves to be fallible at least. Hopefully they'll bounce back next week.

Roy? this guy is a rock star! love his quirky humor, modest demeanor and I think most of all, his willingness to help others (esp Alanna!).

oh and his designs are stunning!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

He was my favorite, too.

+ Reply to Thread