Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ness
  • 2 Post By razorbacker

Thread: Face Off Season 7 News and Speculation

Face Off Season 7 News and Speculation

YIPPEE. y'all!

Face Off Press Release

razorbacker likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Re: The Seventh Season is Announced!

I'm glad to see it has been picked up, but I think they should allow a bit more time between seasons. And, I'd like to suggest a "Where are they now" recap. Let us know what the winners are up to & if they have been working on any really nice upcoming projects.
    captain and inthegarden like this.

I agree, razorbacker. I think competition shows start running into trouble when they schedule them too close together...see Project Runway. And, I would also like to see a reunion, or where are they now show.

It's like a cable network discovers a gold mine and then digs it dry.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Face Off Season 7 News and Speculation

Agreed.

I, too find it amazing and incredible that Season 4 just ended, what? twelve, thirteen months, ago? And now, here we are, and Season SEVEN is gonna START in JULY?

I can't (and WON'T, LOL!) take back my "YIPPEE!" about S7 being scheduled/starting up. But, as much as I LOVE FaceOff, it IS possible for shows, etc., to wear out their welcome.

They seem to be ADDING eps, too! Which, I REALLY don't know about. I mean, whether they do eight, ten, eleven, etc., this is a TOTALLY insane show, in terms of the times these guys have to come up with/execute concepts and makeups. As interesting and fascinating as it is to watch this process, 'c'mon, I'm willing to BET that what's shown of makeup creation on FaceOff is NOT exactly what happens in the real world.

No WONDER, then, that even the artists that DO have some appreciable talent/skills kind of look like they're running into walls by the end of the season.

Also, I've noticed, especially with THIS season, that they seem to be showing MORE at-home convos. They DO keep it short and sweet (at least for NOW, they do!), which I absolutely appreciate, since they're apparently going to show them, anyway. But, frankly, I don't tune in to drool and salivate over what they say/do at home before and after the challenges. I TRULY don't CARE what they say/do at home, before and after the challenges.

Ariel, I believe you hit the nail dead on the head when you brought up Project Runway as a reference. After typing what I just did, it hit me that this DOES seem to be morphing into PR with paintbrushes.

And no, I don't think that's a good thing.

I AM interested in the new judge, Lois Burwell. Seeing as how it doesn't look as though they're going to be getting rid of any of the regular judges, I want to see how she'll fit into the mix.

Boy, I bet Conor, Rayce, Nicole, Anthony and Laura are BEYOND glad that they appeared on the show when they did (ESPECIALLY Nicole!), as it kind of appears that this show is only going to get longer, crazier and HARDER to navigate and win.

I'd be doing The Happy Dance around the room and up the walls, if I were THEM!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I'm glad to see it has been picked up, but I think they should allow a bit more time between seasons. And, I'd like to suggest a "Where are they now" recap. Let us know what the winners are up to & if they have been working on any really nice upcoming projects.
    I am wondering if McKenzie and Patrick's wedding or engagement may have sped up the seasons this go around. Hopefully they take a breather after this and let some of the other shows have a bit more time to shine (or bring back Opposite Worlds for a second season to give a break and keep the shows fresh).

That said, I DO agree they need to do a "where are they now" recap, given that they've done this one time, and it was after Connor of Season 1's win. I don't know if they did this because he and Ve were doing the makeups for "The Hunger Games" at the time and it was a way to promote them and the movie at the same time, but that's the only time I can recall this occurring.

I'm just glad that given the situation, they always find something new and creative for the show's makeups, and even given twists to some of the classics which does help when they have seasons overlap like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Wow, this thread hasn't been updated in a long time! Season 7 starts July 22nd, less than 2 weeks away. I already started the individual contestant threads a few weeks ago when the cast was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Wow, this thread hasn't been updated in a long time! Season 7 starts July 22nd, less than 2 weeks away. I already started the individual contestant threads a few weeks ago when the cast was announced.
    Hey, pika!

Was there a bio for Dina for S7?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I thought I got everybody listed. Thanks, ness! If I missed anyone else, let me know.
    Last edited by pikachu; 07-10-2014 at 09:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread