+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Face Off 6 Episode 13 *Spoilers*

Face Off 6 Episode 13 *Spoilers*

This will be spoilery...

I know this is very late but I just got home and got to see the last 20 mins. of tonight's episode of Face Off.

So, I saw the makeups, and agreed with the winner and top look.

Winner - Rashaad
    Top look - George...

SO... asking who is the third?

Well... they have decided to do a two part challenge.

This will benefit Tyler and especially Niko (who yes, would've been eliminated in my honest opinion on tonight's design alone).

I still maintain it'll be George, Rashaad and Tyler in the finale, but who knows with this makeup challenge.

It is a bit odd, but given they did the save this season I'm not too surprised.

Am I upset? - yes and no.

No, because it's another week we get to see them all do their work. In Tyler's case, it's a second chance to show what he can really do.

Yes, because Rashaad did a fabulous makeup here and should be in the finals, but a mistake in the second one could eliminate him.

Thoughts?

Re: Face Off 6 Episode 13 *Spoilers*

Shooooooooot!

I'll give 'em credit for throwing a REAL curve ball that I DID NOT SEE COMING!

ITA that Niko would've been OUT, had it not been for the twist.

Like YOU, jade, barring some TOTALLY unforeseen catastrophe, I'm thinking the F3 SHOULD be George, Rashaad and Tyler.

With the craziness and twists and turns this season, however, I can't say I'd put money down on that.

I DO recall wondering what was up when Ve told George to take the bloody shawl and finger extensions OFF his actor. I COULD be wrong, but after watching S2-6 (now), I absolutely don't EVER recall seeing a judge on the Reveal Stage panel give instructions to a competitor onstage about how to make their makeup look a thousand times better. And allowing him/her to make those changes RIGHT THEN, if it was doable.

So, my antenna went STRAIGHT UP when she told George to do that. I never DID think nobody'd be elimmed and another challenge was coming, though!

Rashaad's was absolutely beautiful, and I'm glad he won. He DESERVED it!

More later!
    Last edited by ness; 04-09-2014 at 01:24 AM.
    Kip likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    I DO recall wondering what was up when Ve told George to take the bloody shawl and finger extensions OFF his actor. I COULD be wrong, but after watching S2-6 (now), I absolutely don't EVER recall seeing a judge on the Reveal Stage panel give instructions to a competitor onstage about how to make their makeup look a thousand times better. And allowing him/her to make those changes RIGHT THEN, if it was doable.
    It's been done before, but not nearly as glaringly.

But Ve did prove a valid point in a way though - by having George do this, he was showing him and the other three contestants they better listen to any guests in the workroom for adjustments and actually apply them because it could mean the difference between being in the finale and eliminated now with the two-parter.

I think Rashaad was the clear winner this challenge, and wish they'd put him through automatically in the final three and have the other three fight for the final two spots next week.

For me, what makes Rashaad's beautiful was it was horror in the form of a vampire BUT it wasn't blood and gore or totally pale and the like. It was a nice balance of horror and beauty, not unlike Anthony and Ilam's (?) Hindu goddess type character.

I'm sorry, Niko is a nice guy to me, but his vampire face looked like something the Eric with the more colorful attire would've made - the one who liked to make "Shaun of the Dead" style zombies crossed with something Jerry would've made. It just didn't work.
    Kip, ness, sclilred1 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    It's been done before, but not nearly as glaringly.

But Ve did prove a valid point in a way though - by having George do this, he was showing him and the other three contestants they better listen to any guests in the workroom for adjustments and actually apply them because it could mean the difference between being in the finale and eliminated now with the two-parter.

I think Rashaad was the clear winner this challenge, and wish they'd put him through automatically in the final three and have the other three fight for the final two spots next week.

For me, what makes Rashaad's beautiful was it was horror in the form of a vampire BUT it wasn't blood and gore or totally pale and the like. It was a nice balance of horror and beauty, not unlike Anthony and Ilam's (?) Hindu goddess type character.

I'm sorry, Niko is a nice guy to me, but his vampire face looked like something the Eric with the more colorful attire would've made - the one who liked to make "Shaun of the Dead" style zombies crossed with something Jerry would've made. It just didn't work.
    Ooooooh!

Did that happen in S1, do you remember? The season I missed?

I'd LOVE to see that!

I agree, about Ve's point in having George adjust his makeup/actor's costume on the Reveal Stage. Hopefully, in doing that, the message WILL have gotten through to these guys that THEY NEED TO LISTEN TO THE ADVICE OF OTHERS THAT'VE GONE BEFORE AND KNOW BETTER THAN THEY DO.

I think Rashaad and Tyler, maybe, take the lead on that, usually, right now. George is somewhere in that orbit, too, I think. Niko? Sometimes, I think what he's being told or asked to do or consider in creating his makeups doesn't always get through properly, because of the language thingy.

Yep. Rashaad WAS the clear winner, to me, too. I think it would'v'e been too much to hope for for them to've automatically put him through to F3, though. They wanted this, apparently, to be an off-the-wall, fight-to-the-bitter-end finish, apparently. And THAT, apparently, is how they've mapped it out and set it up to be.

As for evil and horror, yet containing beauty? Rashaad's DID echo to me as a throwback to Anthony and Alam's Hindu Ice Demon, since you brought that up. Creepy, yet absolutely BEAUTIFUL. For me, I'd say it drew me in, even as it repelled me with the evil inherent in it.

Just like theirs did.

And, to me, that'd be NO easy feat to pull off!

Niko?

SMH.

And yep, his DID look like something Zombified Foxy would've come up with. I mean, I learned to love Foxy to DEATH, but his horror/gore/zombie/alien fixation took a LOT of getting used to.

But then again, that was just Foxy! Love him or LEAVE him!

As for Niko . . .

This season is so off-the-wall-off-the-chain, who knows?

It almost kind of WOULDN'T surprise me if he pulled off a win.

Tyler's?

God have MERCY, is all I can think of to say about THAT!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I didn't like George's vampire nearly as much as the judges did. I thought the paint color was horrible! I kept thinking I wished Laura from season 5 could have done the body makeup for George's creature because she would have done a much better job. The red was too dark so it lost a lot of detail of the sculpture and it was too monotone for my liking. One of the reasons why Rashaad's makeup was so successful was that he created highlights, lowlights, and provided plenty of contrast to bring out his character's facial features.

Tyler...WTF??? He's been doing so well in this competition but when he turns out a bad creature, it's really bad!!! Nothing about his vampire worked. I'm so glad this was a non-elimination round because he might have been going home. Let's hope he kills it on the werewolf challenge so he can redeem himself.

As bad as Tyler's vampire was, though, I think Niko's look was the clear loser. I don't know where he was going with his vampire having no nose and upper jaw. That was just plain weird.

Rashaad was the clear winner of this challenge. Frankly, I didn't like any of the other designs. I'm so thrilled for Rashaad that he's peaking at just the right time in this competition.

I hope everyone steps it up for the final challenge so they can end on a positive note, knowing they put their best work out.
    Kip likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Ooooooh!

Did that happen in S1, do you remember? The season I missed?

I'd LOVE to see that!
    I don't know which one you're talking about, given you've mentioned the other two makeups I did in my previous post. Let me know and I'll say...

Tyler's?

God have MERCY, is all I can think of to say about THAT!
    Tyler really had a few errors for what has normally been stunning work. I do think he'd been saved over Niko if they did the final three this week, but he's going to really need to step up his game in order to be in the finals. Niko could squeeze in and win if he does.

I just hope Niko doesn't win - I don't think he's the best of the final four, AND... for pool's sake it'd be sad if NONE of us picked the winner. I'd at least want Razorbacker to have bragging rights if nothing else by picking Tyler.

Niko's vampire from the Philippines was a character on Grimm a few weeks back. With that makeup, they had the tongue come out of the mouth and recoil into it. Their play on the vampire was that it sucked out the blood of fetuses in the womb to maintain youth, and it ran in families. Really horrific.

This is great that they all will continue...Although, other than the shape, I couldn't see what was so terrific about Rashaad's creature until they had him pull back the hair (an adjustment like with George) and disclose the beautiful ears.

Werewolves, huh? Will they have to fight the vampires since it is the second part of a set series?
    inthegarden likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I have to say something about George's make up vs. Tyler's, probably the weirdest thing ever.

The fact that George could not see what was wrong with his make up until the judges pointed it out worries me. Tyler on the flip side saw what was wrong with his make up right away. Mind you he couldn't fix it but he saw it. I'm just posting this observation now.

Alright, glad Rashaad won. If Tyler can't win Rashaad is the one I want winning. The challenge didn't wow me.

Tyler should have asked to trade stakes. I know he can't but I'd have tried to get away from wings.

Nico's just looked silly.
    The Moral Of Big Brother 11: If you don't play nice, Chima will pay you a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by srgeman View Post
    Tyler should have asked to trade stakes. I know he can't but I'd have tried to get away from wings
    Yeah, the wings look VERY silly and take away from a rather good face.

Nico's just looked silly.
    OK, NOW seeing a still of Niko's vampire, I'd like to say what it looks like to me:

We are seeing an Ood from "Doctor Who" who ended up getting bitten by a vampire so it ended up growing a Gene Simmons' tongue that ended up bitten by a bug doused with radiation that made it grow even larger and bigger so it split the Ood's face a bit more.

Oh, and it decided to be Katy Perry modest in the top half of its attire but get Lady Gaga high slit cut at the bottom half.

(And I say Ood because if you look VERY closely inside the mouth, it looks like it has squiggles similar to the Ood's mouth, but looking like it was brushed back into its mouth).

Yeah... it's that weird (and I probably made it sound weirder).

George's paint too looks one note, but the sculpt still just slightly edges out Tyler's to where Tyler was at risk for elimination and not George - had it been a final three week this week.

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jade . . .

When I asked: "Did that happen in S1, do you remember? The season I missed?"

I was speaking to whether or not the judges allowing an artist to change his/her makeup on the Reveal Stage had happened in S1.

Perhaps, if I'd been clearer in how I wrote that, you'd've KNOWN what/WHICH makeup my question was referring to!

Sorry 'bout that!!!

LOLOLOL!!!!!

Between Tyler and Niko's makeups, I ALMOST could say "Flip a coin!" or go "Eeny, Meeny, Miny, MOE!" regarding just WHICH one wins my top honors for Worst of the Week.

I think Tyler might JUUUUUST squeak in in FRONT of Niko for his face/head/cowl sculpt.

Other than THAT . . . .

Ewwwwwww, to BOTH of 'em!

I DO have to say and admit, though, that Tyler REALLY got screwed with the wing thingy. 'Cause, as a general rule (in what I can seem to recall in my muddled brain at this particular second, that is) characters that have wings as a consideration pretty much almost never seem to be makeups that work out well for their artists (like srgeman referred to).

DEFINITELY not in the time frame that these guys/gals have to produce these makeups in, anyway!

I agree that between Tyler and Niko, Tyler HAS proven himself to be the better artist of the two. Lord KNOWS, I HOPE he gets it together! I believe Niko is a talented artist, AND a sweet guy, to boot. But of the two, Tyler IS (IMHO) the better and more deserving of the two to make it to the F3.

I DON'T want to see Niko in the F3 or as the winner.

It COULD happen, though.

For example:

I STILL think Nicole's S3 win was . . . Let's just say, not real valid, IMHO, and was an insult to the other artists.

Nothing personal against HER, I just hope like hell that they NEVER do THAT particular twist again!

srgeman . . .

I understand the sentence when you say that George not being able to see what was wrong with his makeup until the judges pointed out what was wrong concerned you.

BUT, I can ALSO understand WHY George couldn't see what was right in front of his face.

Work with me a sec . . .

As a secretary, I learned the hard way (YEARS ago!) to never, EVER proofread ANY of my own typing. Why? Because I'D typed it, so I was too close to it to be able to SEE what errors I'd made.

Once I figured that out, I admit I drove MORE than one boss or other secretary in the office nuts proofreading my stuff. Be that as it may, there were usually VERY few, if ANY, corrections for typos that EVER had to be done to my stuff.

Having said THAT, I'll say in the NEXT breath that Cat (Sorry! She's the most recent example I can THINK of, right now!) DEFINITELY was too close to her work to not've seen how absolutely HIDEOUS that face was on the "wizard" she created.

Even after Mr. Westmore'd WARNED her not to GO there!

And when they got to the Reveal Stage, she STILL thought that thing was beautiful!!!!!

(There was THAT, AND the fact that her ego was working OVERTIME, too, truth be told!)

I'M STILL SMH.

George?

I thought the face on his was BEAUTIFUL. The sausage-like finger extensions? Ewwww. The bloody wrap/shawl thingy? Yeah. Riiight. And, I do agree that the body painting read really one-note.

I'll still take HIS over Tyler's or Niko's though!

Rashaad . . .

I found myself loving HIS right off the bat. I thought it was really different, and really beautiful! The ONLY thing I would've changed about it, in agreement with what Ve said, would've been to have matted/messed up the hair some.

Other than that, YUMMY!

Oh . . .

Just one more thing . . .

Is it just me, or did anybody else think that the face on Rashaad's STRONGLY resembled Rick Baker?

Just askin' and sayin'.

P.S.

BTW, fellow Face Off Freaks . . .

I REALLY enjoy our/everybody's thoughts/opinions/observations/breakdown posts after every show! I SO look forward to reading them, each week!

Last edited by ness; 04-11-2014 at 02:12 AM.
    pikachu likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast