+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 3/18 Face Off 6: Episode 10

3/18 Face Off 6: Episode 10

It's an imagined Willy Wonka World.

Then at 10 PM Eric Fox, Nicole, Roy and RJ start their own Special Effects Studio called Foxy and Company. This should be an interesting look at how a few of the vets are doing.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 3/18 Face Off 6: Episode 10

I was torn between Tyler and Graham's looks for first place. I think what tipped the odds in Tyler's favor was that his creature was more expressive than Graham's creature. The judges always appreciate a design that allows the model to emote and give more expressions. Graham's design was cute and imaginative but with the mouth and eyes fixed open, it had its limitations. I liked the creative touches Graham added to his creature, with the bag of snozzberries to lure the oompah loompas and the shrunken oompah loompa heads on his belt.

I feel like I've seen Rashaad and George's creations on the show before. Maybe not necessarily from them but they resembled characters from previous seasons.

I kind of like Niko's goofy creature, although the construction could have been better.

Chloe's creature was just awful. The face, the body, all of it was bad. I don't think the cowl would have saved it. She seems to have pulled a Roy and lost steam midway through the competition. I've had the feeling the last few weeks that her energy is gone and she doesn't even want to be there anymore.
    Kip likes this.

I was glad Tyler won. I liked his from the start. Graham's was good, but reminded me of the hunter from Jumanji.
    Kip and sclilred1 like this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I was glad Tyler won. I liked his from the start. Graham's was good, but reminded me of the hunter from Jumanji.
    That's exactly what I was thinking!
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

In a way, Rashaad's kind of reminded me of Laura's red/blue "Living Art" piece from S5. Liked THAT one, and liked Rashaad's, too. The boy just CAN'T seem to get a break with an out-and-out WIN, though!

Don't know anything about the hunter from "Jumanji", but to me, Tyler's was funnier, so I liked HIM for the win. ALSO, he had sense enough to listen to Mr. Westmore, and that was a GOOD thing that just pushed him into the winner's circle.

I had high, HIGH hopes for Chloe at the beginning. Those hopes didn't pan out, though. The mess she wound up in on this challenge was a sin and a shame. However, bad as his was, Niko DID, I suppose, wiund up doing more actual (bad) makeup and putting more of it out there on the floor than SHE did, in the end. So that's why, after I reflected on it, I realized SHE got the boot, instead of him. Even though his DID suck out loud. Reminds me of that guy (Michael?) that did the "Bringer of Plagues" mask in S4 (?). Which WAS a mask, but was NOT a makeup. THAT wound up sending HIM home, on that particular show, too.

Unless he pulls off a true jaw-dropper, I'm feeling like Niko's gonna be the next one out the door.

I'd be happy with Daran going out, first.

But I CAN see Niko going before him, too!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

The hunter from JumanjiVanPelt3.jpg

THANKS, captain!

Now, I KNOW what you and mushy were referring to, and yep, I can see it, too, and TOTALLY agree!

LOLOLOLOL!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Sadly this again was an episode I ended up missing due to work, so I've looked at the photos.

In short - Chloe's I'm not surprised she went home. Not only is it poorly made, especially as far as the teeth... the face... um... hmm... remember how we were not liking Niko's get up last week for poor taste? Well... the face kinda fits the theme we had last week of poor taste. Let's just say it took a moment for me to notice the eyes because I was drawn in by the teeth and the rest of the mouth. :-[

Speaking of Niko... That also was a bad and little too weird get up as well. It was however better made so I wasn't surprised he was safe over Chloe.

Graham's good design, but the eyes are very wonky as far as paint. I think Tyler's won out because it's a well done sculpt and the eyes don't look a bit weird. And you can see emotion out of it still and (most likely) action.

And honestly - I was pulling for Tyler to finally win a challenge because I liked his anime.

Rashaad's was indeed very good and stunning WITHOUT being too horror. I don't know if the theme was leaning horror, but it was nice to not see all horror looking makeups. I think what hurt his chances this week was that Tyler and Graham's were just *slightly* better but also he got a bottom two last week. Usually the judges here are hard pressed to give someone a win right after a bottom two look unless it's truly out of the park. Rashaad didn't hit the moon, but he did make it to the stars this week on it.

George's was a good sculpt but boring (looks like his injuries are still getting to him) and the other one the eyes looked cross-eyed in the sculpt and coloring.

Rashaad's looked like something he had done earlier with the black/white paint. AT least I remember someone doing something like it.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Rashaad's looked like something he had done earlier with the black/white paint. AT least I remember someone doing something like it.
    Laura during the All-Star season (not her first appearance) had a design that was half and half. I think it was the art challenge.

The only black and white design he has done this season I can recall is the TEAM one with the guitars. He has also done a tar dragon, but that one was more black and red I think than black and white. It also wasn't designed a literal half and half down the middle of the model like this one was.
    captain likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast