+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TripleGemini
  • 1 Post By mushybrain

Thread: 2/11 Face Off 6: Episode 5

2/11 Face Off 6: Episode 5

What a weird episode...I didn't really see "supernatural" in any makeup. Even the ones that the judges liked ;-)

But props to Niko for such an excellent design and to Corrine for finding a solution after she couldn't get her mold to release.
    Kip likes this.

Re: 2/11 Face Off 6: Episode 5

Yes, I was impressed with Corrine doing it all with makeup when her chest piece failed. Her's was truly in-the-shadows creepy and not the monster Niko put together.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I liked Graham's more, but I think Nico best hit everything with the challenge so I'd have given him the win also. Daran's looked like a zombie Weird Al Yankovic. Cat's I didn't think was that bad, I thought Matt deserved the third bottom spot instead of her. His thing was ugly and was fighting with what appeared to be house keys. Still Tanner just messed up everything. It's actually amazing just how bad his was.
    The Moral Of Big Brother 11: If you don't play nice, Chima will pay you a visit.

If anyone is interested, there will be a live stream on YouTube tonight of the "Meet the Family" Speaker Series featuring Michael Westmore.

Meet the Family Speaker Series: Michael Westmore | Warner Bros. VIP Studio Tour

Check out the photo of his young self!
    Kip likes this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Seeing the makeups on their website... I have to say that save possibly Matt, and even there it's *just* barely on the opposite side of this statement, the makeups are all fantastic and when they're having to eliminate someone it's for the most mundane of reasons (even painting - the sculpts are strong). I haven't - for the most part, seen one that was as bad as the horrid sculpt and paint job Miranda made last season (and yes, even *I* with little experience in both... just stage makeup... could've made it.)

I mean - as far as contestants go, this show is getting better and better because they select based on makeup portfolios, not sob stories. It's also probably why they will still be there for a long time.

Although I didn't get supernatural either from most of the makeups, Niko's was so well-done. Especially how he did the face - very striking. Corrine's was very good also.

Weird Al?? YES! Daran tries to push the envelope and good for him, but sometimes it backfires terribly. That did NOT look like a mouth...not even remotely.

Tanner's was just a trainwreck. Clearly the right choice to go home.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    Weird Al?? YES! Daran tries to push the envelope and good for him, but sometimes it backfires terribly. That did NOT look like a mouth...not even remotely.
    Does anyone want to say what Daran's back piece did look like?
    The Moral Of Big Brother 11: If you don't play nice, Chima will pay you a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by srgeman View Post
    Daran's looked like a zombie Weird Al Yankovic.
    My husband said "that looks like weird Al Yankovic" and I said "zombie weird Al"

I thought Nikko did a great job. Often when they try to do the eyes in a different place than the models real eyes is turns out so badly, but his was great.

I think Corrine should have won though. Although hers didn't really read alien (none of them really did) to me it was the creepiest, and the paint job was amazing. Her model did a great job with it as well, which I think helped a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    My husband said "that looks like weird Al Yankovic" and I said "zombie weird Al" .
    Ha! I was getting a kind of Howard Stern vibe!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I think Corrine should have won though. Although hers didn't really read alien (none of them really did) to me it was the creepiest, and the paint job was amazing. Her model did a great job with it as well, which I think helped a lot.
    Corrine's turned out really well. I thought the judges might be critical because she only sculpted the face, so it was nice to see that they appreciated that it was the simplicity (even though not intended) that made the overall look successful. The confusion I have is that the judges don't judge that way consistently. Sometimes they kill someone for not doing enough. I guess a great paint job makes all the difference. It makes me wonder though, if there was a contestant who routinely did only really simple makeups, but the looks were always absolutely fantastic, would the judges reward them or penalize them?
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

+ Reply to Thread