+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2/4 Face Off 6: Episode 4

2/4 Face Off 6: Episode 4

Rock and roll! Or, in some cases, not so much.

I liked Tyler's and Rashad's better than George's and Darran's, but both were really good.

And Chloe got saved again by someone who did worse.

Overall, this group has a tremendous amount of skill and talent.

Re: 2/4 Face Off 6: Episode 4

I agree with you on the makeups - I just now got to see them. I also liked the one with many eyes and the paisley cutouts.

The talent this season is quite good and talented, but yeah, just saw the horns break. That's a big no-no, as that costs time and money to fix in the real world.

Love this challenge idea, and they really are thinking out of the box. Will say Laney would've loved this one... give how much she liked to make punk rock girl designs.

George and Darran's looks a LOT better when you can see a picture of it.
    Chloe I still like you, but get your head out of your ass.
    It was the meeting EVERYONE was waiting for, the pairing of Tess and Matt! It's like the anti-pairing of Roy and Laura and since that pairing sucked, using opposite logic two horribles should make a good right? Nope.
    The Moral Of Big Brother 11: If you don't play nice, Chima will pay you a visit.

Matt is bottom looks for the third time. He is the snot on the doorknob that no one should want to get on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by srgeman View Post
    Oh, definitely. I had so many problems trying to figure it out on TV last night, but it looked awesome in the photo I saw.

While I appreciate the uniqueness of the winning look and the insane level of work involved - I just don't see guitar anywhere. I guess this one goes down (for me) as one I don't get.

Matt & Tess - lord what a crazy bad combo. I'll give Matt some credit for remaining calm while Tess had her hissy fit. But boy the two of them were in WAY over their heads.
    Did anyone notice the makeup Matt did for the Foundation challenge? Same hideous reddish/brown colors - ugh!

Loved the paisley designs on the guy's arms. Those extra eyes were a bit much...

Rashad and Tyler are both so inventive and good. Fun to watch those two work together.

If I had to pick a favorite right now? Darren and Tyler are both right up there. Rashad also.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I loved the paisley guy too and thought if the eyes had been done right, with lids and such, they would have been an awesome feature. As it was with them sort of just stuck in there, ehh they were ok. The idea and implementation of the design was great though.

I liked Rashad and Tyler's was great, but it just felt like a bit much going on for me. If they had simplified it a little I would have liked it even better.

When the model had her head tipped back and her eye's closed Darran and George's was amazing. It was so creative and out of the box. I thought it was hard to really see it as it was supposed to be seen when the model's eyes where open in the clear bubble on top. It just distracted from what were supposed to be the eyes and face.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by srgeman View Post
    Chloe I still like you, but get your head out of your ass.
    It was the meeting EVERYONE was waiting for, the pairing of Tess and Matt! It's like the anti-pairing of Roy and Laura and since that pairing sucked, using opposite logic two horribles should make a good right? Nope.
    Speaking of Laura, I wish she could have done the makeup for Chloe and Tanner. I loved the concept of their design but the terrible paint job killed it.

I didn't get the winning look. It might have been cool-looking but it looked like a jellyfish and in no way evoked a guitar god to me. I thought Corinne and George should have won for their hippie with the guitar growing out of his head and the paisley design running down his arm. It was very creative and well-executed.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    When the model had her head tipped back and her eye's closed Darran and George's was amazing. It was so creative and out of the box. I thought it was hard to really see it as it was supposed to be seen when the model's eyes where open in the clear bubble on top. It just distracted from what were supposed to be the eyes and face.
    I admit I thought the eyes was intentional and in a way supposed to be a "brain pulse" for the guitar creature.

I do see however why they won - it was creative and thinking outside the box of guitars.

They had the clear guitar and had a tough time trying to figure out how to implement it. I think they did a marvelous job with the "clear" plastic concept.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread