+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 1/28 Face Off 6: Episode 3

1/28 Face Off 6: Episode 3

No one watched last night? Or, like me, everyone went to bed early :-)

I didn't think Don (Dan?) would last too long, and he was out with a non-dragon with a really mismatched palette. Several folks tried to do a little too much, and some were more successful than others.

And the three top looks were good (although I really expected more dragon-like features). I wanted Rashad (my team leader) to win, but Tyler did excellent work.

Re: 1/28 Face Off 6: Episode 3

I watched, and I will admit it was interesting.

Will say they just officially told us what would've happened if Laney didn't quit last season on the final four challenge. If she presented a bad makeup but it still looked like said character they wanted... Roy would've been eliminated becasue his didn't evoke said character.

I'm sorry, but Daniel's makeup was better than Chloe's or Tess' - well that and I hated their defeatist attitudes. Niko had a bad makeup, but at least he didn't give up.

I do think Rashaad had the best makeup along with Tyler, but I can see why they gave Tyler the win. His was a slightly more creative and lovely. My only issue was they obviously edited part of it in the workroom because they had him using the icicles before he made them with vacuum form.

Rashaad did a lot of work in those three days and his evoked tar clearly. That said, he needs to be a little careful to not add too much to his makeups - didn't here but I don't want him to pull a Roy and add too much (and no - I'm not saying that because he's my lead designer. I really think he does a great job).

I agreed with the comment on George's being too traditional Chinese dragon. That said, if you're going traditional, do it RIGHT, and he did such a thing.

There were several others I liked, such as the other slime monster - fellow did very well there.

I will concede that had Chloe NOT had her mold lock up and she was able to run that in silicone, the seahorse one would've been lovely. I was disappointed in the execution of said design - she gave up. I was greatly disappointed she wasn't in the bottom three because I hate that attitude.

Next week's makeup looks really cool. I like how they get creative with the challenges each season, because given movies such as Hunger Games Catching Fire and other odd makeup challenges, you have to continue to think outside the box. Some may not make sense, but I can see this one a real possibility - nothing else a music award show or something. That said - I hate it will be ANOTHER team challenge apparently, the third in four episodes.
    Kip likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I was very impressed with many of the dragons last night. The judges had a tough decision picking the top looks and winner!

Tess was very lucky that Daniel didn't make a dragon enough creature. I thought her design was very weak and also wasn't very dragon-like.

Tyler did such an awesome job with his ice dragon. I'm thrilled that he won the challenge. I wish I had chosen him for my pool team but I didn't, based on the work I saw in his portfolio. I think he'll be a designer to watch. He has the fabrication skills and the ability to think outside the box, plus the time management skills to accomplish what he envisions within the time frame given.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

I thought Daniel's design was horrid. As soon as I saw that bright yellow face, I knew he was done. The kimono on the top of it was the nail in his coffin. It didn't resemble a dragon in any way. At least Tess had an interesting concept. Really though, the weak ones will be out soon.

Does Tyler remind anyone else of Cory Monteith? He even had on a plaid shirt last night. I liked his dragon, but he just seems too PEPPY for this show.

It seems like a lot of the contestants are having issues with molds this season. I'd think someone with more experience wouldn't be having those problems. Then again, someone with lots of experience wouldn't probably be applying to be on this show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Loved Tyler's vulture/dragon. Never thought I would be in love with anything to do with vultures...but then, that's the beauty of this show!

Rashad's was amazing also. Close second.

Chloe irritated the hell out of me - why she wasn't in bottom looks is beyond me. Tess should've been out - that purple paint job was hideous. Daniel's also was really bad, but I felt the quality of the sculpt (even if it didn't read "dragon") was far superior to the dreck Chloe and Tess put out.

That kimono though - soooo bad.
    Duckyface likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Could not believe Daniel went home instead of that one who paintd the front of the head and covered the back with a tacky hoodie. Seriously.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    Loved Tyler's vulture/dragon. Never thought I would be in love with anything to do with vultures...but then, that's the beauty of this show!

Rashad's was amazing also. Close second.

Chloe irritated the hell out of me - why she wasn't in bottom looks is beyond me. Tess should've been out - that purple paint job was hideous. Daniel's also was really bad, but I felt the quality of the sculpt (even if it didn't read "dragon") was far superior to the dreck Chloe and Tess put out.

That kimono though - soooo bad.
    That was the whole point of the challenge...Dragons! Would you put someone through to the next round because the had a better looking cat when the challenge was to produce a horse?
    pikachu and Florimel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    That was the whole point of the challenge...Dragons! Would you put someone through to the next round because the had a better looking cat when the challenge was to produce a horse?
    I guess it bugged me a bit given that many of them didn't have a dragon type feel and the one Chloe did had NOTHING to do with a dragon (in addition to being poorly made).

The Kimono I think hurt him more than the face - it was a Roy syndrome case where he added too much. If he had maybe made the kimono wings or something he might've pulled it off... well, maybe not but it'd had a better shot.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Could not believe Daniel went home instead of that one who paintd the front of the head and covered the back with a tacky hoodie. Seriously.
    I was surprised as well. Talk about an incomplete paint job. I guess if others didn't have more flaws, she would have been; lucky girl.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I think Chloe - the incomplete makeup, got away with it because it was detailed if badly sculpted and painted... and the seahorse nose looked like a dragon.

Personally, I saw it worse - if barely - than Miranda's weird makeup that was NOT even completely painted last season, and sadly the same pass as that week (but last season, Miranda and Roy got a bye because Laney quit. In Miranda's defense, at least she had a proper prosthetic, even if a bad design).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast