+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srgeman

Thread: 1/14 Face Off 6: Premiere

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

1/14 Face Off 6: Premiere

I haven't seen the description of the first episode, but from the contestant threads put up by Johnny, we can see that it is an all newbie season with some interesting and talented designers.

Have fun with it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 1/14 Face Off 6: Premiere

This season is going to be incredible. There are some really remarkable artists in this group.

BTW, the new twist this season? The judges get a one-time immunity pass to give to someone who had an "off" week.

And MacKenzie is taking them to Japan (although they didn't say exactly when).

I was in awe of the designs last night. Such talent.
    There's no place like home!

I agree the talent was there, but the execution was bad on many of those designs this week. Really the two strongest were the top two and the weakest were the right ones as well.

I was particularly upset with the Taj Mahal castle. Not only is it a burial site/tribute to a dead princess, the execution of the design was so... messed up. I got that it was supposed to be a bull (as they're revered in India) but it's done so subtly and then using the spires the way they did was just... too... weird. Painting was also quite ugly.

The worst look on the nose... yeah, it was not a natural looking nose of any kind.

Top two looks - the rock and the underwater one, yeah, I saw the right balance of horror and "sexiness" that would have Belle kiss him.

The winner really was the best one of the lot - those two will be a force to be reckoned with together and individually.

Well the premiere was alright, could have been better.

Best make-up kicked ass, love the fish best.

Worst...yeah that thing wasn't just ugly, it was horribly inept and had a hot dog bun for a nose. It says a lot when the other guys put out something with head boobs and yours is worse.
    Gala62 likes this.
    The Moral Of Big Brother 11: If you don't play nice, Chima will pay you a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by srgeman View Post
    Worst...yeah that thing wasn't just ugly, it was horribly inept and had a hot dog bun for a nose. It says a lot when the other guys put out something with head boobs and yours is worse.
    "head boobs"? LOVE it!
    ITA - the losing makeup was hideous - in what world would that be considered sexy or really, even "beast-ish"? Even head boobs guy had some sorta sexy boob things going for him... tee hee
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

The spikes on those "domes" looked like plungers. I couldn't see anything else but that. Hideous.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread