+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Face Off Season 6 Pool

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Face Off Season 6 Pool

Changed my mind about what I was going to say. Carry on! Nothing to see here!

Oh there is at least one plus - there is no one yet who is completely out of the pool. Each has at least one member with three of us (Johnny, myself and Blue Team) with two contestants left.

And if Niko wins, I will probably laugh my head off given no one picked him for the pool at all - he was one of two with no one choosing him.

I really think the difference here going into the last week of the show has been the fact I didn't choose Chloe as a team member whereas everyone else did.

My very first pool booby prize! I knew I was due for one of them, and there will probably be more in my future. Since I have done so well, I'm starting more and more to select with my heart rather than my head, and that's fun, too. I have zero artistic talent and I certainly underestimated Tyler when the season began, but I think many of us did.

I huge, well done!, to jadewarlock and another to JohnnyK.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    My very first pool booby prize! I knew I was due for one of them, and there will probably be more in my future. Since I have done so well, I'm starting more and more to select with my heart rather than my head, and that's fun, too. I have zero artistic talent and I certainly underestimated Tyler when the season began, but I think many of us did.

I huge, well done!, to jadewarlock and another to JohnnyK.
    You're an artist with your words and debate.

(Seriously, don't say you're not an artist - because trust me, as someone who can make fused glass jewelry and clay work, but cannot draw worth anything... seriously, the judges of "Face Off" would shudder at my elementary school quality sketches - people are artists in one way or another, maybe just not literally. )

One reason I like this pool (outside of the obvious because it's linked to the show) is that it's easy to do the math as well to figure my score out before Pikachu works it out. I've only been wrong once this season, but it's been quite nice because it's helped me quickly add up numbers in my head.

Though I have to admit last season it was really fun to do the scores for everyone the week Laney quit the show. Got all of them right...
    Florimel and inthegarden like this.

I am channeling my inner Darren when I say without reservation, as can be witnessed from these proceedings..."I don't do Pools."
    inthegarden likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    You're an artist with your words and debate.

(Seriously, don't say you're not an artist - because trust me, as someone who can make fused glass jewelry and clay work, but cannot draw worth anything... seriously, the judges of "Face Off" would shudder at my elementary school quality sketches - people are artists in one way or another, maybe just not literally. )
    Thanks for the kind words, Jade. I admit that my skills are best in verbal and math and even in performing arts. It's just the fine arts and most crafts where I'm hopeless. I'm also really knowledgeable with computers, but I've Pikachu to thank for making me a little bit better with graphics than I used to be.

I really admire that you can create jewelry and work in clay, which for me just turns into a blob if I'm lucky.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Face Off 6 Pool Results

Episode Recap
    Episode 13: “Bloodsuckers”
    Won the Spotlight Challenge: Rashaad
    Got High Scores in the Spotlight Challenge: George
    Got Low Scores in the Spotlight Challenge: Niko, Tyler

Contestant Scores
    George: 15 points
    Niko: 5 points
    Rashaad: 30 points
    Tyler: 5 points

Weekly Scores:
    1. The Magic Jammies/jadewarlock: 75 points
    2. Best Team Ever/JohnnyK: 60 points
    3. Blue Team/inthegarden: 45 points
    3. Boston Cantina/TripleGemini: 45 points
    4. Ness’ Makeup Mavens/ness: 30 points
    4. The Neuralyzer Squad/pikachu: 30 points
    5. Farscape Femmes Fatales/Florimel: 15 points
    6. Shear Panic/razorbacker: 5 points

Overall Scores and Rankings:
    1. The Magic Jammies/jadewarlock: 755 points
    2. Best Team Ever/JohnnyK: 710 points
    3. Boston Cantina/TripleGemini: 650 points
    4. Ness’ Makeup Mavens/ness: 595 points
    5. Blue Team/inthegarden: 590 points
    6. The Neuralyzer Squad/pikachu: 585 points
    7. Shear Panic/razorbacker: 455 points
    8. Farscape Femmes Fatales/Florimel: 420 points

This week’s episode was a two-parter, to be continued, so no designers were eliminated.

Not content to settle for a moderate margin of comfort between themselves and the next highest scoring team (Best Team Ever), The Magic Jammies is aiming for an embarrassment of riches! They got the highest weekly score, widening the gulf between themselves and anyone who would be a contender in the Face Off pool.

WTG, jadewarlock! It’s looking more and more like putting your money on Rashaad for the win was a good bet.

Nobody gets booted & I still get vastly fewer points than everyone else. Now that's too funny.

Yeah, Tyler didn't do you any favors this week, razorbacker. But at least he didn't get eliminated! That would have been even worse for your score, and totally knocked you out of the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Yeah, Tyler didn't do you any favors this week, razorbacker. But at least he didn't get eliminated! That would have been even worse for your score, and totally knocked you out of the pool.
    I was knocked out of the pool long long ago, that 142,000 points would have helped though.

+ Reply to Thread