+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Face Off Season 6 Pool

Re: Face Off Season 6 Pool

Admittedly, I'm surprised I'm in the lead and by that much. My math was way off - I thought I was still tied with Johnny since he just lost a contestant and I only had one who was in the top looks.

To be fair on not picking Chloe - I didn't think based on what I saw in the first episode it'd be a woman's win this season. Not that any of them aren't amazingly talented, it's just the men have been IMHO a bit better at their designs this year. Most of the wins too have been male.

Rashaad does need to get his head on straight though - if he's eliminated too soon it will indeed be anyone's game as I'm the only one in the top spots who has him as lead artist. I'd lose the double points. He apparently has woken up from his bottom two last week, but he's going to have to get at it if he's going to stay around for the finale. Then again - I feel he has an Anthony vibe to him, constantly struggling at times but if he's in the finals he may just knock it out of the park.

As I've said, this still may come out to be who wins the finals as to who wins it all in the pool.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Face Off 6 Pool Results

Episode Recap
    Episode 11: “Freaks of Nature”
    Won the Foundation Challenge: There wasn’t one
    Won the Spotlight Challenge: Tyler
    Got High Scores in the Spotlight Challenge: Niko
    Got Low Scores in the Spotlight Challenge: Daran
    Eliminated: Graham

Contestant Scores
    Daran: 5 points
    George: 10 points
    Graham: 0 points
    Niko: 15 points
    Rashaad: 10 points
    Tyler: 30 points

Weekly Scores:
    1. Best Team Ever/JohnnyK: 35 points
    1. The Magic Jammies/jadewarlock: 35 points
    2. Shear Panic/razorbacker: 30 points
    3. Blue Team/inthegarden: 25 points
    3. Boston Cantina/TripleGemini: 25 points
    4. The Neuralyzer Squad/pikachu: 20 points
    5. Farscape Femmes Fatales/Florimel: 15 points
    5. Ness’ Makeup Mavens/ness: 15 points

Overall Scores and Rankings:
    1. The Magic Jammies/jadewarlock: 605 points
    2. Best Team Ever/JohnnyK: 590 points
    3. Ness’ Makeup Mavens/ness: 535 points
    4. Boston Cantina/TripleGemini: 530 points
    5. The Neuralyzer Squad/pikachu: 525 points
    6. Blue Team/inthegarden: 500 points
    7. Shear Panic/razorbacker: 435 points
    8. Farscape Femmes Fatales/Florimel: 390 points

I noticed an error on the scoresheet from last week. Tyler should have gotten 20 points since he won the challenge alone but I accidentally only gave him 10 points. This doesn’t mess up the rankings but I’m sure Shear Panic wants every point they’ve earned so I corrected it.

With Graham out, 6 pool teams are down one member: Blue Team, Boston Cantina, Farscape Femmes Fatales, Ness’ Makeup Mavens, Shear Panic, and The Magic Jammies.

Congratulations to Best Team Ever and The Magic Jammies for getting the highest weekly score and to The Magic Jammies for maintaining the highest overall score.
    TripleGemini and inthegarden like this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

I'm kinda surprised I'm in the lead actually, but then I forgot that in Johnny and My cases the difference on our four is who is the lead artist. Whoever loses theirs first will probably end up being the runner-up this season.

The ONE thing I'd like to say is that I'm glad - so far - this season we have not had anyone just up and quit the show. Shows that each of them are willing to fight adversity and go and win the day (even if they lost the game, they in that they didn't give up).

I think you made a big mistake a long time ago. You forgot to give me my 142,000 points. No wonder I am so far behind.
    pikachu and TripleGemini like this.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I'm kinda surprised I'm in the lead actually, but then I forgot that in Johnny and My cases the difference on our four is who is the lead artist. Whoever loses theirs first will probably end up being the runner-up this season.

The ONE thing I'd like to say is that I'm glad - so far - this season we have not had anyone just up and quit the show. Shows that each of them are willing to fight adversity and go and win the day (even if they lost the game, they in that they didn't give up).
    I was afraid George was going to have to quit last week. He sure has some major physical issues for this type of work.

You and JK made good team selections this pool.
    jadewarlock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I was afraid George was going to have to quit last week. He sure has some major physical issues for this type of work.

You and JK made good team selections this pool.
    I should've clarified - quit because they just flat out gave up and didn't want to do the show anymore (that's where you lose points). That's what happened last season with Laney and I think the few of us who got any points it was just 5 - no take that back the winner that week had 10, most had negative points (I had 5). One person I think REALLY got hit hard because Laney was their lead artist, so they lost 30/40 points.

Had George quit due to medical, none of us would've lost points, just folks in our pool. Had he said "Forget this, I'm too sensitive to continue," yeah, that's the negative.

And thank you for the compliment on choosing a good team. I was so close last year and wanted to try it again. Still up in the air if I'll win, but at least it's still a fun match and no dramatic rises and falls. I like them when it's close honestly - makes it more fun.
    inthegarden likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I like a close pool, too! It's exciting when you can't predict who's going to come out on top.

Plus, it's more fun for the people playing if there's still some glimmer of a chance that they could win. The toughest thing is to start off a pool in a low position and lose key players early on so you know you have no chance in heck of finishing anywhere near the top.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

That would be me, pikachu. I started low in this pool, and it's just getting worse. However, I've had my highs, too, and this is my worse showing ever in a pool, but I expect to pick well in some and poorly in others. It's still fun to play and I congratulate those who made great choices on this one. I'll be watching eagerly to see how it all comes out.

Best of all, I'm learning to work with graphics.
    pikachu and inthegarden like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I like a close pool, too! It's exciting when you can't predict who's going to come out on top.

Plus, it's more fun for the people playing if there's still some glimmer of a chance that they could win. The toughest thing is to start off a pool in a low position and lose key players early on so you know you have no chance in heck of finishing anywhere near the top.
    Like I did in the All-stars Survivor Pool.

I enjoy a close pool too and this one could go in any direction.
    Laney was a disappointment and her leaving was shocking to me.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Like I did in the All-stars Survivor Pool.

I enjoy a close pool too and this one could go in any direction.
    Laney was a disappointment and her leaving was shocking to me.
    I guarandamntee it ain't going in my direction...
    inthegarden likes this.

+ Reply to Thread