+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Face Off - Naked and Painted *spoilers*

Face Off - Naked and Painted *spoilers*

Given that they used the episodes of Face Off that had the body paint, I thought I'd do a thread on the episode last night regarding body paint.

I actually thought it was quite well done given they did a "live" (well coinciding) pair of body paints done by the "Naked in Vegas" cast. Both of these were very good actually, but I gave the edge to the camouflage one as all those tiny details are hard to copy.

Rewatching the "Face Off" behind the scenes stuff and the two episodes, I think I do get why they may have stopped this challenge - at least for a time. You had Jo accidentally use latex, which could've killed the model, then you had the guy in season two just pass out (and no - he wasn't acting for the show - he looked like sandstone with an off color base on he was so pale). They probably just didn't want to do any more major risks there.

Of note on those challenges too - the winner of the longest rambling for his makeup was eliminated for that body paint in season one (deserving too BTW), and Jerry's team body paint was not the absolute bottom look. the latter went to a picnic one where they just painted the guy into the table, but held a soda aloft OFF the table I believe and then had a skater whose body paint was "whack" essentially (it wasn't a good paint).

The girl in this pair duo who had to repaint the second model I think won the challenge, though her partner (the one who painted the shoes) should've won. I think he lost out though because he made the basketball on her bottom a little too small to be realistic.

And yes, I would've LOVED to have seen Nix's body paint in that second season given what he's done on "Naked in Vegas."

FORT Newbie

Re: Face Off - Naked and Painted *spoilers*

I actually think they stopped this challenge just because, despite what the episode tells you, there's just not that much you can do with body painting. You can either blend or make a character out of it. That's about it. Plus there's the fact that this is a show about movie make up, and body painting is just not used in movies very often. But yeah, I think the medical issues probably also contributed to them dropping it.

The girl whose model passed out and had to redo the paint (Brea) didn't win actually, her partner Matt did. The judges even said that in the episode that the team won because of how difficult it was too paint those shoes on the model.

Re: Face Off - Naked and Painted *spoilers*

Ah... yeah I forgot about that. It was matt who did the shoes. I think one of the contestants thought it was unfair Brea got a second model, but I'm going "She has to work 12 hours, you worked 6. It also sincerely wasn't her fault, and the model DID TRY to stay there and help her." (yeah, I liked how he did try and stick with it in spite of the ill health).

And there is more body paint being used nowadays in movies, but not enough to as you said warrant a challenge. That said, many folks do get jobs doing this for ads and the like, so it's a bit catch-22.

Do think my favorite will always be the one that got the top 20 nod. I liked Sam's librarian one too in that season.

Least faves are Frank's and the guy who got eliminated that first season (the Indian in the sandstorm). Frank's didn't make sense because he put a lampshade on the guy's head and then painted the rest of him into the scene itself (so we had a floating red lampshade, though I will concede it WAS his best work that first season - the camo was quite good) and the other's? - well, he barely painted the guy and had him crouch in front of a sandstorm, which was why I loved Ve's response.

+ Reply to Thread