+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 11/5 Face Off 5: Season Finale

11/5 Face Off 5: Season Finale

"Swan Lake" never looked so interesting. This should be a terrific finale.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 11/5 Face Off 5: Season Finale

Tate Tate Tate, what were you thinking?
    The Moral Of Big Brother 11: If you don't play nice, Chima will pay you a visit.

FORT Newbie

Any spoilers yet? Would love a Laura win but will be very happy for Tate or Roy if they win.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Looks like Laura won.

Laura won :-) Honestly, I would have been happy with any of them winning.

I thought all the makeups were great. Tate got huge kudos for his swan...the judges said she was the best swan of the night. But he had some problems with his sorcerer. I think it came down to Roy and Laura at the end, and I honestly don't know what swung it in Laura's favor.

FORT Newbie

Good season, great finale, and a well deserved win for Laura. Now to figure out what I'm going to watch until season six comes out.

Side note: Was it just me, or did Tate's sorcerer look like a hobo with some weird hat on to anyobody else?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Laura won :-) Honestly, I would have been happy with any of them winning.

I thought all the makeups were great. Tate got huge kudos for his swan...the judges said she was the best swan of the night. But he had some problems with his sorcerer. I think it came down to Roy and Laura at the end, and I honestly don't know what swung it in Laura's favor.
    I think what won it for Laura was that her characters collectively were more complete than Roy's. I liked Roy's but his swan was a bit goofy looking to me with the feather wig and winged hands. That and the sculpts were really great on Laura's, picking Miranda and trusting her with the sorcerer while she worked on the swan was the right decision.

I thought Laura and Roy tied for the best job. Laura had the better swan but I loved Roy's sorcerer. Tate comes in a distant 3rd. His two make ups did not go together and his sorcerer sucked on ass. I thought Tate was going to win but that ugly thing with one expression...Christ.

Roy's I loved probably best of all, but I'm fine with Laura winning.
    The Moral Of Big Brother 11: If you don't play nice, Chima will pay you a visit.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I was rooting for Tate to win but I agreee with the judges that he missed the mark with his sorceror. If he had included more industrial elements on him instead of making him look like an old derelict, he could have won. His swan was exquisite! Definitely the most creative, beautiful, and eye-catching design on the stage.

Laura's looked more alien than Italian renaissance to me and I didn't like the proportions of the swan's head. The helmet made her head look short and squat, and it wasn't as obvious that her ballerina was turning into a swan.

I didn't like the colors Roy used for his designs. They looked cheap and cartoony. For Ming Dynasty, I would think royal and opulent. Perhaps have a jade-colored swan. I also didn't like the open chest on his ballerina and the weird feathery paws he gave her. At least he didn't pursue his original design. I knew Roy would want the Industrial theme and when he started going that route, I knew it would be a mistake. I don't understand his concept of his ballerina turning to gold and then turning into a swan. What??? Weird idea and more complicated than it needed to be.

Laura is a great designer and one of the most consistently good designers so I'm not upset about her win. She deserved it for her overall body of work.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I am so glad Laura won. She is an excellent all around designer. She has a very bright future and will do well it any design profession she chooses.
    If Laura hadn't won, Tate would have been my second choice. He impressed me this season not only with his work but with his willingness to help the other designers. I'm glad he toned down his horror designs. Well done Tate!
    pikachu and Florimel like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast