+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 10/29 Face Off 5: Vets vs. Newbies Episode 12

Re: 10/29 Face Off 5: Vets vs. Newbies Episode 12

Imagine what the three of them could come up with (working together) if they weren't limited to 3 days for a makeup. I think the quality would be amazing.
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Imagine what the three of them could come up with (working together) if they weren't limited to 3 days for a makeup. I think the quality would be amazing.

Ain't THAT the livin' truth?!

Their stuff would be off the CHAIN!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I don't agree that the 3 of them together would do great. We saw what Laura & Roy did as a team & it wasnt pretty. Throw in another person it could get even worse

OK, I have to give you that one :-) But if they stuck to their strengths instead of getting all stupid about it, I do think they could do some amazing stuff.
    ness likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    OK, I have to give you that one :-) But if they stuck to their strengths instead of getting all stupid about it, I do think they could do some amazing stuff.
    I was just thinking the same thing last night (as I watched the end of last week's episode). I thought about them forming a company with the three of them. There would have to be a project manager for each build - deisgn by committee rarely works - but all three are open enough to take input. Roy is terrific at fabrication. Tate and Laura are strongest at conceptualizing ideas, and Tate's also strong at fabrication, and Laura is the master when it comes to painting.

IMO, what comes out of a collaboration on the show is very different than what would come out of a collaboration in real life. On the show, each participant is pushing their idea so they'll have something to show the judges. Sometimes people give in to bad ideas because time is slipping by and the person with the bad idea won't give in or compromise.
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    It was no contest really overall IMHO who was the top three best this week, and it looks like the three really did choose the best helpers for next week's final challenge IMHO.
    I didn't know they already chose their helpers. Who were they? I think Roy is the one that needs the most help. He is great at fabrication but he is not as strong as the other two in painting and sculpting. So I would think he would chose Miranda as helper who is the best in sculpting. I don't know who among the eliminated contestants are best in painting.

FORT Newbie

Well in the preview for next week it shows who they chose. I've got to disagree with jade, I think they made some good decisions for their helpers. Roy picked Frank and Scott, Laura picked Miranda and Eddie, and Tate picked Alana and Lyma.

Scott and Frank are both really fast at molding, especially Frank. In most of the episodes he was the first one molding and never had a lot of trouble getting his molds cleaned out. Miranda and Eddie are both good at coming up with interesting designs. And Alana and Lyma are both good at beauty make up, something that seems to be a big part of the last challenge and is something Tate doesn't seem to be as comfortable with as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by dusk10 View Post
    Well in the preview for next week it shows who they chose. I've got to disagree with jade, I think they made some good decisions for their helpers. Roy picked Frank and Scott, Laura picked Miranda and Eddie, and Tate picked Alana and Lyma.

Scott and Frank are both really fast at molding, especially Frank. In most of the episodes he was the first one molding and never had a lot of trouble getting his molds cleaned out. Miranda and Eddie are both good at coming up with interesting designs. And Alana and Lyma are both good at beauty make up, something that seems to be a big part of the last challenge and is something Tate doesn't seem to be as comfortable with as the others.
    Um.... I said they DID

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123