+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 10/29 Face Off 5: Vets vs. Newbies Episode 12

Re: 10/29 Face Off 5: Vets vs. Newbies Episode 12

I too will be happy with any of the three winning this season (Roy if only because it means that I will have predicted the winner from the get go). Even then, I don't think it will be Roy, but if he does produce the best work of the three in the finals he will have earned it. What is nice is all three have had really good looks and really weak looks, so there is no real stand out who SHOULD win but we get disappointed when a less par designer wins.

In Laura's and Tate's seasons I felt they were denied the win. Roy of course was in the same season as Laura and even there I felt he'd been in the final three if he hadn't done the wig disaster (he had by far the better sculpt and paint job of the bottom two IMHO). So no, he wasn't denied that chance - he blew it, but learned I think because this was better than his previous final four makeup.

But what I like most of all - they all were humble about making it to the finals - either again, or for the first time (Roy's reaction to making the finals is the most precious one I've ever seen on this show - though second I think to Justin's in "PR" if by a hair). No one felt entitled (and if they did - their skills backed up the bravado), and all I feel will be genuinely happy for whomever wins even if they are disappointed in the
    pikachu and inthegarden like this.

Tate is my favorite- Oklahoma native! - but all 3 are phenomenal. Still pulling for Tate but wont feel robbed if either of the other 2 win.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Laura's - loved the face, but I felt the body was too plushy. In fairness, when I dressed up as Foghorn Leghorn at a Six Flags park the "feathers" are the same fur, but here that caused the same issue, and unlike Fog, who is OBVIOUSLY a cartoon come real life (meaning, as you don't see literal feathers on him you can get away with plush), Laura's character was not. It did have the best facial expressions of the lot though.
    BINGO! I kept looking at that furry body and thinking: Where have I seen that before??? Absolutely Foghorn Leghorn! Ha, Ha! Thanks!

“Don’t, I say, don’t bother me dog, can’t ya see I’m thinkin’ ’’

“Go, I say, go away boy, you bother me”

"Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Count me in on the "I HAVE no favorite!" chorus!

Laura and Roy were faves of mine from S3. Never saw Tate in action until THIS season, but he's MORE than proven himself to me as an artist AND good person . . .

So, whoever wins, I'm GOOD with it!

This should be a really exciting finale, and I am SO looking forward to seeing it!
    babymay and Gala62 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Isn't it great when a reality show ends up with the finalists you think should be there? Even better when they are all so nice as well as talented that you can be happy about any one of them winning. This has been a great season!!
    mom2, pikachu, Gala62 and 1 others like this.

I think after the disaster of Laney leaving & no one getting eliminated that week, it had to come down to Roy or Miranda this week. It just wouldn't have smelled right if Laura or Tate had been eliminated. And then, Laura & Tate were the best anyway. I'm all up on team Laura, but I think it should be her or Tate. It should be a good finale.

FORT Newbie

I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am with this season's finalists. Everyone here seems to agree that whoever wins this season will completely deserve it, and I do too. Don't think I've ever seen a reality show finale where I was alright with any of the finalists winning.

That being said, the winner is most likely either going to be Laura or Tate. Roy is a great artist but he just didn't shine this season like he did back in season three. I'm so glad he made it to the finale this time around. He got robbed back in his season so this was well deserved.

Between Laura and Tate I'm more leaning towards Laura as my favorite, just because I loved her back in season three too and like Roy I thought she got robbed. I think it's a toss up for which of these two will take the win, and it really depends on what the judges are going to take into consideration. Will they put more emphasis on the final challenge or the contestants work all season? Tate's won more challenges but Laura's been in the top looks more times.

They're both great artists, but my one complaint against Tate is the same one I have against Eric Fox from season four, they both seem to stick to horror make up most of the time. The only time he really did something non-horror this season was the living painting challenge. And back in the Mother Nature goddess challenge, which the judges said was really a beauty make up challenge, he was the only one who didn't do a beauty make up and went more monster than goddess.

Well, even if Tate does win I'll still be alright okay with it, because despite the fact that he sticks mainly to horror, he does in fact do really great horror make ups.

In fairness to Tate - my understanding he also helped Ve along with Connor from season one in "The Hunger Games" (though not as well known or to a far lesser extent) and there was no horror makeup. I know that he does have to stay within the parameters of what they need for said series, but I didn't see any of the Capitolists look like monsters (at least on the outside )

FORT Newbie

I know he's perfectly capable of making non-horror make ups. Back in season one he did do some non-horror stuff and even ended up in top looks during the old age make up challenge. But horror seems to be his comfort zone, and he doesn't seem to like to step outside of it on Face Off. But like I said, I don't really mind since he does make some really great make ups. I had the same issue with Eric F last season but the difference is that I never thought Eric F's make ups were that good. They always seemed to have the same types of horror monster (pierced nipples, static faces, and all). Tate at least mixes up the kinds of horror make ups he does.

I need to take something pikachu said a bit further:

"One thing I like about Laura is she's very good at using a crisp color palette with very clear highlights and lowlights, not applying too many colors. Tate is wonderful at sculpting and design but Laura is definitely better at painting and makeup than he is."

ITA with that.

And EVERYBODY --- I believe --- knows and acknowledges what a wizard Roy is with fabrications.

Let's all just let our minds wander for a sec . . .

Wouldn't it be GREAT if the three of them blended their brains and particular talents and started their own special-effects makeup business together?

Combine their areas of strengths, PLUS add in the fact that they seem to work so well together as a team, and I (for one) believe they'd head up one HELL of a successful business!!!!

JMHO.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast