+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 9/3 Face Off 5: Vets vs. Newbies Episode 4

Re: 9/3 Face Off 5: Vets vs. Newbies Episode 4

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Yes, jade, ITA that this discussion is an interesting one.

To take it even a step further . . .

They're doing beauty makeups next week, right?

OK.

Didja know that Gale Sondergaard was the original choice for the role of The Wicked Witch in the '39 Wizard of Oz movie? And that one of the original makeup tests for Sondergaard featured The Wicked Witch as a GLAMOROUS BEAUTY?

Check THESE out:

The Mary Sue • Gale Sondergaard in a wardrobe test for

Google Image Result for http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loiv3lwpSG1qa70eyo1_500 .jpg

I guess you could say the first pic is a representation of what a 1938(?)/39 beauty makeup would be.

As for the second, well, it's interesting to me that Sondergaard backed out of the role because she was afraid that looking like an ugly witch would ruin her career. And frankly, JMHO, I don't know what that Sondergaard ugly witch test looked like in color, but that particular ugly witch wardrobe test pic seemed pretty tame to me, considering what Margaret Hamilton wound up looking like in the role!

Again, I suppose things happen as they're meant to, because I cannot IMAGINE anyone else BUT Margaret Hamilton as The Wicked Witch!
    Only it's kind of OT since this thread of is for discussion of this week's episode of Face Off
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Only it's kind of OT since this thread of is for discussion of this week's episode of Face Off
    True that!

No harm meant, and thanks for the reminder, Critical!

My apologies, everybody!

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

OK, back to this week's episode... watching bits again and hearing RJ say that his character resembled a cross between a Ferengi and sea dragon type character, I have to agree.

Though I'll be honest - when I saw him getting ready for final looks... I thought the guy was just covered in moss like you see hunters now use as camouflage.

RJ STILL has problems in that area... but he does sincerely try to be varied.

(Also - of note as I think someone has said no veterans have left - there has been one. Eric Z was eliminated in the double elimination.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123