+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 8/20 Face Off 5: Vets vs. Newbies Episode 2

  1. #1
    A Swirl of Leaves Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,596

    8/20 Face Off 5: Vets vs. Newbies Episode 2

    I think I remember from previews that they build a "Frankenstein" type monster.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  2. #2
    FORT Fogey TripleGemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lynn, MA
    Posts
    2,133

    Re: 8/20 Face Off 5: Vets vs. Newbies Episode 2

    Yep :-) The twist was that it had to be a Frankenstein from the future and his bride.

    I totally agreed with the judges for both the winning team, the winner, the three in the bottom, and who went home. The winning team's couple was just gorgeous. And what a great reward! (The winning team's couple will participate in this year's Halloween whatever-it-is at Universal Studios in Florida.)

    Loved the guest judge's voice...I'm a sucker for a guy with a deep bass.
    mom2 likes this.

  3. #3
    Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic! ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roseland!
    Posts
    10,321

    Re: 8/20 Face Off 5: Vets vs. Newbies Episode 2

    Just a couple of quick, hit-and-run thoughts . . .

    Alana . . . Verrrry INTERESTING! She just MIGHT wind up being a force to be reckoned with! PLUS, she's made it through two eps so far without losing a drop of blood (that we KNOW of, anyway)!!!!

    This is gonna be REALLY good this season, I think!

    And TG, I ABSOLUTELY agree with you about the guest judge's voice! I thought GLENN had a rich rumble, but every time that guy opened his MOUTH, I got heart palpitations, LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

  4. #4
    Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,834

    Re: 8/20 Face Off 5: Vets vs. Newbies Episode 2

    Oh this was today? Alright. I'll be watching. I like this group so far.

  5. #5
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,155

    Re: 8/20 Face Off 5: Vets vs. Newbies Episode 2

    I actually thought the guest judge was a cyborg, but in a good way - he had a voice that makes you stop and listen. He also had some good critiques when needed.

    I liked what I saw were the top looks - the one with Lauren and Alana, and then Roy and his group.

    Frank and Co. were lucky the one with Eric had Sam do basically nothing. I thought their overall design was worse. But this is Frank we're talking about... so... I see he hasn't changed a lot.

  6. #6
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,155

    Re: 8/20 Face Off 5: Vets vs. Newbies Episode 2

    Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Alana . . . Verrrry INTERESTING! She just MIGHT wind up being a force to be reckoned with! PLUS, she's made it through two eps so far without losing a drop of blood (that we KNOW of, anyway)!!!!
    I think she's learned to think first and then react, not do both at the same time which was causing most of the injuries IMHO.

    The reason I say this is because I've sliced my fingers a couple of times on the edge of glass thinking two steps ahead on a fused glass piece.

    I think she is a serious threat this season, but I think it could be a vet winning. That said, here being a vet of the show means nothing - I don't see an advantage beyond knowing how harsh a critique can be. Skill wise, if you rest on your laurels of being on, you WILL do bad. It's showing in a couple of cases (Eric I feel a little bit here).

  7. #7
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,602

    Re: 8/20 Face Off 5: Vets vs. Newbies Episode 2

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Yep :-) The twist was that it had to be a Frankenstein from the future and his bride.

    I totally agreed with the judges for both the winning team, the winner, the three in the bottom, and who went home. The winning team's couple was just gorgeous. And what a great reward! (The winning team's couple will participate in this year's Halloween whatever-it-is at Universal Studios in Florida.)

    Loved the guest judge's voice...I'm a sucker for a guy with a deep bass.
    That guy certainly won't ever sing with the Bee Gees. Geez, it almost hurt my head listening to him.

  8. #8
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,602

    Re: 8/20 Face Off 5: Vets vs. Newbies Episode 2

    It was a good episode & I think the girls are really stepping up to the plate this time around. There seems to be absolutely nothing that ever phases Laura. She just goes with the flow & fixes whatever might be a problem for the others.

  9. #9
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,351

    Re: 8/20 Face Off 5: Vets vs. Newbies Episode 2

    What bothered me about this episode is that the designers and the judges referred to the monster as "Frankenstein," which as created by Mary Shelley, he was not. Frankenstein was the doctor who created the monster, who did not have a name at all if I remember correctly. Filmmakers have been reinforcing that error for decades now. I like when an author's original work is respected.

    Other than that I did enjoy the episode and I agree that the right team won.
    mom2 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

  10. #10
    Curious Pair0noid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1

    Re: 8/20 Face Off 5: Vets vs. Newbies Episode 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    What bothered me about this episode is that the designers and the judges referred to the monster as "Frankenstein," which as created by Mary Shelley, he was not. Frankenstein was the doctor who created the monster, who did not have a name at all if I remember correctly. Filmmakers have been reinforcing that error for decades now. I like when an author's original work is respected.

    Other than that I did enjoy the episode and I agree that the right team won.
    I agree. This bugged me too. I kept saying "No it's Frankenstein's monster!"

    But overall, I also agreed with everything the judges said. The bride that won (Alana, Laura, and Laney) was gorgeous. They were a great team and really worked well with one another.
    *~*A Mermaid*~*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.