+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 8/6 Face Off 5: Vets vs. Newbies VETS Reveal Show Thread

Re: 8/6 Face Off 5: Vets vs. Newbies VETS Reveal Show Thread

Glad to see Laura back. Me likey!
    inthegarden and JohnnyK like this.

They should have taken the 2 runners-up from the last 4 seasons. If they didn't want to come back then bring back the ones that just missed the finale which they did in Roy and Eric Z. I don't think those who were eliminated early like Frank, Miranda and Alana are going to go far. I didn't see Season 1 but saw the clips and this Frank was a jerk! His dad was rightfully ashamed and disappointed of him when he was on the show. He didn't deserve to come back, the judges wasted a spot for someone more deserving. It was not fair also that Eric Z. was the only one who competed...twice....to get a spot while others got invited back

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Yeah but Eric was the only one from his season to come back.

What's your point? It doesn't mean he got a fair deal. He had to work his butt off just to get a second chance while guys like Alana, Miranda, and especially Frank who doesn't deserve to be back got a free pass.

I know. Eric proved he was the best of the losers last season and he earned his spot, while nobody else that season did. People like Frank and Alana didn't, I agree.

It would be best if Eric ended up outlasting them.

And there were better contestants in Season 4 than those 3 I mentioned.

I like the concept for this season. Especially since I get to see Roy, Laura, RJ and Tate again. Those 4 are very deserving of a 2nd chance. Also Eric Z. earned his way back, so kudos to him.

Frank? ugh. Not sure what TPTB were thinking. Ve mentioned that of almost everyone that's been on the show, he has the most industry experience. So maybe they're hoping that experienced Frank shows up this time, not ass-hat Frank.

Mackenzie and Alanna can only have improved since their oriiginal seasons...so it will be interesting. Thank god no Sue or Autumn!!

I reallllly hope that the sneak peaks hold true and there is less horror this season. It just gets so old. I mean, how many ways can you depict gore already?
    One of the reasons I adored RJ was his whimsical approach to several of the challenges...yes! Bellhop is one of my all-time faves! But I had to agree with Anthony and Alanna's overall win for their creation.
    inthegarden likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Frank was dramatic. That's why he's back.

Laura should have won her first season and I'll be rooting for her and Roy.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

BRAVO is showing in marathon form Season 3 today 8-9. I'm glad another network has picked up the re-runs.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    Frank? ugh. Not sure what TPTB were thinking. Ve mentioned that of almost everyone that's been on the show, he has the most industry experience. So maybe they're hoping that experienced Frank shows up this time, not ass-hat Frank.
    I have a feeling Sam, the guy who finished third (as I don't think Tate was third that season), and the others probably were unavailable. Sam had a lot of potential and I was surprised she wasn't given another change. She showed she learned a lot from the first design to the last one she did.

I reallllly hope that the sneak peaks hold true and there is less horror this season. It just gets so old. I mean, how many ways can you depict gore already?
    Apparently a lot of ways... same with zombies.

[/quote]One of the reasons I adored RJ was his whimsical approach to several of the challenges...yes! Bellhop is one of my all-time faves! But I had to agree with Anthony and Alanna's overall win for their creation.[/QUOTE]

The Bellhop was so cute and funny that year. But yes, there was almost no contest for Anthony and Alanna's overall win IMHO, not because it came from the recent season (I can remember designs from season one), but because it showed you can make a BEAUTIFUL demon. That one still takes my breath away - more so than most other designs (which are also as stunning). Sam's makeup on herself and turning into a very believable man is another of many, because of how well it worked. I still remember how her husband, in SPITE of the fact she used one of her "sugars" to him in her REGULAR voice as he was leaving, just kept walking. She was that believable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast