+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 3/26 FINALE episode - *spoilers*

3/26 FINALE episode - *spoilers*

OK, now I want to go to Las Vegas and see Le RÍve.

This was an awesome finale. All three makeups were pretty good, although I found it strange that the judges didn't mention the mistakes during the final critique. But the show itself (Le RÍve, that is) was just gorgeous.

And Anthony won :-)

FaceOff Season 5 starts in August.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 3/26 episode - *spoilers*

Yay Anthony. Well, he sure deserved it. I personally had Kris as my # 1 but good enough.

Did anybody catch who won the Redemption series to come back next season?

It was Eric Z.

Re: 3/26 episode - *spoilers*

I felt going by the makeups, it was clear the winner was going to be either Anthony or Kris. Wayne's paintjob again was bad and there were obvious visual errors. Anthony won over Kris because of a slightly worse paintjob on Kris' female diver. I think if he had made her gold and not orange/yellow (which I see gold and silver as celestial), I think he'd actually won.

Personal opinion was Anthony overall should win - his was the most even paintjob, he took larger risks by making his female diver bald and he also worked a really cool costume as well. I had reservations when I saw who his helpers were, but they did a good job at helping him win.

And I think he won too because he DID take the judge's notes to heart - and it looked like ALL the notes to heart. That shows respect for the judges, though admittedly even his worst was never worse than the ones who were eliminated.

I loved Kris' male diver - that was FANTASTIC work (and I was like Ve - it was just stunning especially in the light - I can almost see that makeup in the actual production). I truly do think if he had done the female diver in the same body shape but gold... he'd edged out Anthony and it'd been deserved.

I haven't been able to watch the Redemption challenges, but am happy Eric Z is getting another chance. I think he'll take his notes to heart too and be a force to be reckoned with.

Will say this though - by far I LOVED this final challenge the best out of all the seasons so far. That is a more plausible real life final challenge than a live art show or even the stunt show - though the latter was a bit better.
    mom2 and AZHotFlash like this.

Re: 3/26 FINALE episode - *spoilers*

Really enjoyed the finale, although I admit I was dying when Autumn was picked last out of the helpers and was on Anthony's team. But she and Eric Z. managed to work pretty well together - FOR ANTHONY. I noticed a distinct drop in drama/histrionics with her. Since they were just there to assist, it seemed much more low-key. I loved Anthony's concept, just wish the colors had popped a bit more.

Kris's male was stellar - in every sense of the word. Just an amazing creation. So what the H-E-double toothpicks happened to the female? I mean, in the lab, they really were thinking about her colors. ITA with jade - gold would've been stunning and a perfect complement to the silver. That was Kris's main downfall - the 2 didn't look like they belonged together.

Wayne's was pretty cool also, except for the last minute paint. They didn't do much critique on it, but it had to have looked pretty bad. The sculpt, as usual, was awesome. But c'mon! He had an extra day and he STILL couldn't get his act together!

I absolutely am happy with Anthony winning. His body of work was very good and he'll be an outstanding lecturer.

Oh, I did watch the Redemption shows online. Eric Z. did some really good work - it'll be interesting to see how he does next season!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I'm doing my happy dance.

I think what won it for Anthony was the cohesiveness of the characters, that they looked like a pair. That and the judging comments about the profiles and listening to notes. They also fit the theme of sinister.

I agree that if Kris had more evenly paired the male/female, the color scheme would have won it for him. Only Ve liked that Wayne tucked the horns of his male character back into his head, and he did have problems finishing the paint.

This was a nerve wracking finale with the extra requirement of extreme water dunking. Thank goodness everyone's makeups survived. What a cool show.

Anthony won the two largest prizes of the competition - the Defiance shadowing and the final prizes. I'm so pleased for him.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Congrats Anthony!
    Loved his final two looks. Loved Kris's Silver guy. Was meh on Wayne and I really did not like Kris's female at all. Why did he paint her to have skin that looked like the inside of a peach?
    My favorite moment though was Autumn getting picked last. Even knowing Anthony got stuck with her, it was awesome to see no one wanted Autumn. They got sentenced to be stuck with Autumn.
    Okay, weak season, weak cast, onward to the next one.
    The Moral Of Big Brother 11: If you don't play nice, Chima will pay you a visit.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Best finale ever!

Everyone seems to be on the same page here... Anthony deserved the win ... Chris missed on the paint job of his female character ... Wayne's characters had the most flaws.

I was glad to see that all the 'helpers' worked really hard for their finalist teammates and had good attitudes. It always surprises me when people don't. Especially in this specialized field (which turns out to be a lot bigger than i thought it was), I imagine that a lot of work comes via the recommendations of colleagues.

I went into the finale rooting for Anthony because he was the only one of the three finalists whom I had any sense of their work. Maybe it was because Anthony had so many wins at the beginning that I paid attention to him more. I wasn't into the show as much this season. I'd watch the first mini-challenge and see what the main challenge was. But i'd tune out through most of the middle part. The first couple of seasons, the process was fascinating - not so much any more. i'd tune back in for the reveal and judging. I was thinking skipping the middle segment contributed to my not getting to know the contestants - but I do feel like I know the aestethics of the two Erics and House.

WHAT A SHOW!

It was really moving to see the guys get teary about their families back home, being so appreciative of their love and support, and wanting to win so much for them as well as themselves. That was a really good reminder that none of us is really alone, even though we may ourselves be in the one in the trench with the shovel and PHYSICALLY alone at a given time.

KRIS -

Agree with everybody else about his color choice for his female, and about the male being absolutely beautiful and striking. Like jade and Gala, when I saw the two side-by-side, not ONLY was I thinking he could've made her gold, but what about a COMBINATION of silver and gold, to take her just a slight step further? Also, for me, the sculpting on the male was WAY more interesting than on the female. Had it not been for the jacked-up color choice on the female, though, I think Kris --- perhaps --- might've pulled off the win.

WAYNE -

The sculpture was spectacular, as usual. And, as usual, the painting and detailing, not so much. His female not being able to open her eyes very well didn't do him any favors, either. I think he'll eventually go places in the makeup world. But until he gets his time management skills developed and down to a science, it may not be very far. Unless, of course, he DOES wind up primarily working on projects where he can dot every i and cross every t at his own pace. But I don't think that's going to happen very often, if at all, in the industry.

ANTHONY -

A very satisfying, well-deserved win! There're not too many more superlatives that can be applied to Anthony and his work, I think. I agree with the judges that the bald head on his female was lovely, interesting, and well-constructed. Anthony also gets a couple of extra thumbs-up from me for not going off when Autumn locked up that mold. I'm sorry, if he had, that behavior wouldn't've been good, but it DEFINITELY would've been understandable. (Me? I most likely might've cussed her out and kicked her out of the lab. Or, worst-case scenario, killed her where she stood. HEY, at least I'm HONEST! LOL!) His being able to work with her --- knowing full WELL what a delusional, loose cannon she is --- spoke well to his abilities, to be able to work with crazies, roll with the punches and take it as it comes, too. Both his makeups DID read Sinister and play into and work off of each other wonderfully. I was a bit concerned about the costume on the male before the actors hit the water, but it worked beautifully. Additionally, Anthony was the artist I was thinking of who would've represented himself and the show best in the Make Up Forever academies in New York and Paris.

Kudos to ALL the guys for their makeups having survived the water portion of the finale. Especially since I recall at least two of them saying they'd never DONE waterproof makeups, before.

And kudos to the judges for using their eyes and brains, and having made the right, logical decision!

Have to admit that Glenn cracked me up in his Finale morning suit, with the freshly-applied Goth nail polish, though! I thought he did an upper-level version of himself very well! Obviously, his look was TOTALLY Glenn and he stayed true to himself, while respecting the Finale as the special occasion that it was.

Although I'm honest enough to admit I cracked up when I first saw him, I LOVED his look.

Why? Because that get-up was SO him, and it wouldn't've worked on ANYBODY else!

AUTUMN -

I was truly surprised at how toned-down and pretty much toothless she was, personality-wise. Frankly, I wonder if and suspect TPTB took her aside for a "come to Jesus" chat after she got bounced, to de-fang her. OR maybe a no-holds-barred wake-up call was administered by some of her fellow artists. IIRC, she was STILL rocking a bit of that delusional mindset of hers during her Redemption challenge. If I'm wrong about that, please correct me, anybody. I didn't, however, pick up on her "I'm so GREAT!" posturing at ALL when she was working as Anthony's assistant, though.

Thank GOD for small favors!

I'm SURE Anthony did!

CONGRATS TO ANTHONY ON HIS WIN!

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

ARGH! I knew I forgot to watch something last night! I'm glad to hear that Anthony pulled out a win. He was my favorite from the beginning.

Now I can watch the finale OnDemand and not worry about who's going to win!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm finally watching the episode now. WOW. Anthony won with Eric Z. AND Autumn on his team? He totally deserved that win!
    Florimel, ness and Duckyface like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast