Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 3/19 episode - *spoilers*

Kris's mutant looked like Gary Busey.
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Wow.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4624178[B
    ]For about $300-$400, you can get a passport in 3-4 days.[/B]

Another possibility: Canada is very strict about letting convicted felons travel there. They do make exceptions, but it's apparently rare. Just one reason of many that someone might not be able to travel to Canada.

I too don't think there was any family issue. If there had been, i'm sure we would have seen clips of Eric talking about being distracted by a family situation.
    If is was going to be required for these folks to cross the border, the show would have arranged for the passports & paid for them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    LMAO!
    YES! What a mental picture! hehe

And whoever mentioned Wayne's looked like it had been done with a turkey baster?? That just says it all!
    ness likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    If is was going to be required for these folks to cross the border, the show would have arranged for the passports & paid for them as well.
    Really?

I'm not sure about that.

I looked up the eligibility requirements info for one show that I KNOW sends its finalist contestants to other countries, and this is what I found:

"Finalists must hold a current U.S. passport, as international travel may be required of all participants."

I don't know why FaceOff would or might do things any differently.

I mean, YOU'RE the one that wants to participate on THEIR show. THEIR show does/might travel internationally. Which would mean a passport would be needed. If YOU wanted to go for this, knowing up front that international travel might be a possibility, WHY would the company you're applying to pay for you to get a passport in the first place? Or, certainly, pay the jacked-up fees for an EXPEDITED passport for to you participate on their show? If they did that, then why not just tell all applicants for shows that international travel might be required, in which case a PASSPORT would be required, but that's OK. Don't worry about the passport; the production company'll pay for it.

If they did things that way, they might as well just stop referring to themselves as TV reality contestant shows and call themselves passport offices.

That'd be like me applying to a company to be a long haul truck driver. Only NOT having the long haul truck driver's license --- or ANY license at all, for that matter --- when I applied to work with that company. Why would I present myself as a job applicant to this company, but not already have in my possession --- AND paid for, already --- the proper long haul truck driver's license needed for the job? Or, expect that the company I applied to would hire me without that license, but agree to pay for it AFTER hiring me?

So, maybe it's possible that Fox MIGHT'VE had a valid passport already in his possession when he originally applied to be on the show. BUT, because Canada is Canada, there might ALSO have been something in his past that popped up when travel arrangements were being made for the F4 to go to Canada that would've prevented him from being allowed into Canada.

And FaceOff has no control over that; any country can refuse anybody entry for whatever their reasons might be. I think TPTB at FaceOff were trying to not put whatever Fox' business is out in the street when they had MacKenzie say that Fox wouldn't be coming to Canada with the other three due to "family problems".

Which I'm not buying for a second.

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 03-21-2013 at 03:02 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Really?

I'm not sure about that.

I looked up the eligibility requirements info for one show that I KNOW sends its finalist contestants to other countries, and this is what I found:

"Finalists must hold a current U.S. passport, as international travel may be required of all participants."

I don't know why FaceOff would or might do things any differently.

I mean, YOU'RE the one that wants to participate on THEIR show. THEIR show does/might travel internationally. Which would mean a passport would be needed. If YOU wanted to go for this, knowing up front that international travel might be a possibility, WHY would the company you're applying to pay for you to get a passport in the first place? Or, certainly, pay the jacked-up fees for an EXPEDITED passport for to you participate on their show? If they did that, then why not just tell all applicants for shows that international travel might be required, in which case a PASSPORT would be required, but that's OK. Don't worry about the passport; the production company'll pay for it.

If they did things that way, they might as well just stop referring to themselves as TV reality contestant shows and call themselves passport offices.

That'd be like me applying to a company to be a long haul truck driver. Only NOT having the long haul truck driver's license --- or ANY license at all, for that matter --- when I applied to work with that company. Why would I present myself as a job applicant to this company, but not already have in my possession --- AND paid for, already --- the proper long haul truck driver's license needed for the job? Or, expect that the company I applied to would hire me without that license, but agree to pay for it AFTER hiring me?

So, maybe it's possible that Fox MIGHT'VE had a valid passport already in his possession when he originally applied to be on the show. BUT, because Canada is Canada, there might ALSO have been something in his past that popped up when travel arrangements were being made for the F4 to go to Canada that would've prevented him from being allowed into Canada.

And FaceOff has no control over that; any country can refuse anybody entry for whatever their reasons might be. I think TPTB at FaceOff were trying to not put whatever Fox' business is out in the street when they had MacKenzie say that Fox wouldn't be coming to Canada with the other three due to "family problems".

Which I'm not buying for a second.

JMHO.
    The shows you are talking about, if they do indeed regularly send contestants to other countries, then that would be common knowledge to anyone that signed up. Face Off on the other hand, to the best of my knowledge doesn't do that regularly. So, I think it may have been something that came up during the taping season & therefore the contestants may not have had prior knowledge of this. That's why I think the show would have picked up the cost for anyone that didn't already have a passport.

This is the first time Face Off people have left the country so I'm sorry he couldn't go for whatever reason.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I can't imagine that the producers didn't plan the entire season out before filming began, so they knew they were taking the contestants to the set of Defiance and that the contestants would need a valid passport. I can't imagine that that information wouldn't have been relayed to the contestants before filming started. If Eric didn't have a valid passport, I think they would have just said that. This tells me that there was something else going on there.

It's likely that we'll never know what happened, unless Eric chooses to make that information public.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    This is the first time Face Off people have left the country so I'm sorry he couldn't go for whatever reason.
    Me, too.

He is such a strange, lovable guy, he would've eaten UP being in Canada on the set of Defiance.

And if he'd been able to go, maybe he might've been able to pick up some inspiration/direction from what he'd seen there.

Oh, well.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I can't imagine that the producers didn't plan the entire season out before filming began, so they knew they were taking the contestants to the set of Defiance and that the contestants would need a valid passport. I can't imagine that that information wouldn't have been relayed to the contestants before filming started. If Eric didn't have a valid passport, I think they would have just said that. This tells me that there was something else going on there.

It's likely that we'll never know what happened, unless Eric chooses to make that information public.
    Exactly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123