+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 3/12 episode - *spoilers*

3/12 episode - *spoilers*

And...House is gone. It was a bit of a nail-biter...it was Anthony and him up for elimination.

This one seemed to play to just about everyone's strengths, but especially Eric's. Take an Egyptian god and "mummify" it in the them of the Evil Dead. There were some excellent scuptures...Anthony ended up in the bottom because of bad perspective (the headpiece was too small) and both Anthony and House screwed up their painting.

Re: 3/12 episode - *spoilers*

What I don't get, in terms of proportion, is that looking at the SKETCH of the makeup, Anthony seemed to have it right. Broad shoulders, etc.

What happened between that sketch and the actual makeup, I'll never know. And I almost hate to say it, but I have to agree with Glenn when he pointed out that HE didn't understand how Anthony could've actually LOOKED at that makeup and not SEEN that the proportions were off.

SMH.

I'm still pulling for him, BUT . . .

Unless Anthony gets his crap together and keeps from pulling a Roy, I think it'll be a three-way between Kris, Wayne and Fox.

More later.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I don't want Wayne to win. At this point, Kris or Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I don't want Wayne to win. At this point, Kris or Fox.
    No Anthony?

Gimme Kris, then.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

If Anthony doesn't wake up and gets himself eliminated, then I want one of the Eric's to win - with the spiky haired Eric second to the other one (not because of his style, but he has had overall weaker work and IMHO got lucky this week with his '80s mummy).

Wayne to me feels entitled quite honestly.

Had Anthony actually done the headpiece and shoulders right - I think he'd been safer than he was. The painting and adding webbing(!) I think hurt him more than the proportions (though yes, they were bad - I mean all he had to do was refer to King Tut's mask to get the idea of proportion).

I mean REALLY - webbing on a mummy doesn't happen - not spiderweb kind anyway.

jade - maybe you mean Eric F (Fox) or Kris? Eric Z was elim with Megan last week.

Anthony...oh dear. He has SOO much talent that I don't know, maybe he gets in his own way? Hard for me to explain....maybe just too many ideas and this time it didn't work. I too, agree with Glenn, ness and probably everyone else - did you NOT STEP BACK AND LOOK AT THE DAMN THING AT ANY TIME? that creation did not read majestic or even mummy, really.

Kris- bravo! that makeup truly was camera ready. And as much as this pains me...he is probably my favorite now going into the final homestretch. Anthony just looks worn out and exhausted.

Fox- that dude is psycho LOL - this challenge was tailor made for him. But Glenn has put him on notice -do something different next time. Sweet to see his family.

Wayne - I'll give him props, he can sculpt like no one else. But geez louise, another last minute paint job? And I didn't think it looked all that great quite honestly. The 2 colors were jarring and detracted from the great sculpt overall.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Thoughts and observations . . .

House - Good call. I don't know WHY, if he was going to put actual hieroglyphs on his model's chest piece, he didn't do it to where the damn things could actually be seen!

Kris - LOVED it. Well-deserved! And yep, I've got him pegged for F1 going into the homestretch, too, IF Anthony can't get it together.

Wayne - WHY this dude hasn't cracked himself up with his last-second paint jobs and blown himself out of the water, so far, I'll never know. Maybe because he CAN sculpt his butt off. It was very telling to me that Ve made a POINT of noting that FINALLY, they got a complete makeup out of him. If he keeps this momentum up, it might be enough to swing him into F3. But the question is: CAN HE KEEP IT UP?

Fox - Yep, Gala, he's a psycho. Funny thing is, in a way he's kinda found a soft spot in my heart. I absolutely do NOT care for the horror-themed slant of his work. But he's so warm and enthusiastic and loves what he does so much, I just grin and smile every time I see him. I got what Glenn (?) was saying about the red cast on his stuff, because when I think of Egyptian mummies, I'm thinking dry, orange-y, dusty-looking, browns, maybe. NOT red (which just so happens to be one of my favorite colors). And I appreciated Neville pulling his coat about the open mouth on the piece, and any of his subsequent creations. BUT, he's holding his own, as opposed to . . .

Anthony - SMH. Unless Fox screws himself up with his "Big. Bigger! BIGGEST!" horror-themed mindset (that he can't/doesn't follow all the way through on), or --- as usual --- Wayne's clock is broken, much as I'm still pulling for Anthony to be F3 and take it all, right now, I don't think he's gonna make it.

And that'd be a damned shame.

ahh.... House. forgot about him.
    I actually thought he had some good ideas this time, BUT the sculpt and detail were just not up to par. Loved Neville's comment about the mask being more Venetian!
    That gold paint! LOL
    House did have some good ideas here and there but he doesn't seem to have that spark that the other 4 do.

ITA, ness, I've warmed up to Fox considerably. Seems like a really nice, kooky guy.

I really, really want Anthony to hang in there and make it to the finals. When he's on his game, he comes up with such great stuff. We'll see.
    ness likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    ahh.... House. forgot about him.
    I actually thought he had some good ideas this time, BUT the sculpt and detail were just not up to par. Loved Neville's comment about the mask being more Venetian!
    That gold paint! LOL
    House did have some good ideas here and there but he doesn't seem to have that spark that the other 4 do.

ITA, ness, I've warmed up to Fox considerably. Seems like a really nice, kooky guy.

I really, really want Anthony to hang in there and make it to the finals. When he's on his game, he comes up with such great stuff. We'll see.
    Anthony having his various bumps in the road only proves that he DOESN'T walk on water or raise the dead. Which is fine. We were all expecting that.

But I think you're right. It's coming into the home stretch, and he's tired; they ALL are. He obviously isn't thinking and LOOKING at things clearly.

To me, though, he is still far and away the best of the lot left.

I SO hope he gets it together.

Like Fox, I do, but I would just DIE if he made F1 with that horror show of his!

ETA . . .

And House?

You're right. I laughed when Neville pointed out the Venetian mask. And the GOLD paint?

Please.

Booted?

Good call, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    jade - maybe you mean Eric F (Fox) or Kris? Eric Z was elim with Megan last week.
    Yes... I mean Kris I guess - whomever is left that isn't Wayne or Eric F.

Still... as long as it's not Wayne, who really has consistently had a bad paint job (I had wondered if the "two color" bit on the gator was a fib or not to show a weak paint job), and overall weaker sculpts compared to the other three.

I rank Fox in third because he does tend to be all horror and I've noticed a lot of reds throughout this season.

First and Second I tie with the remaining two - regularly consistent and at least admit they screw up when they do. These two I think should be in the finals with the third one up for grabs.

That said...

Click to see Spoiler:
    I still maintain that Anthony is indeed one of the finalists based on one of the divers' makeups. Looks paint wise a LOT like his candy soldier in the candy challenge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast