+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 2/26 episode - *spoilers*

Re: 2/26 episode - *spoilers*

I like the idea for next week, but dread a double elimination. It will hopefully put a burner under a couple of excellent artists' bums and get them to push ahead.

But seeing challenges such as werewolves and the like - I REALLY wish they'd challenge these designers by forcing them to do a beauty makeup with prosthetics and the like. I would miss Alam's entry here, but it would be nice to see these guys really get one - given most tend to lean still too much sci-fi/horror/gore.

Seriously - they should do a "Hunger Games" themed one - even if Ve is a judge she can just given commentary and have a fourth judge there (maybe even Lawrence between filming of the last three movies.)

WOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Autumn FINALLY had a great, big FALL!

COULDN'T have happened to a more-deserving idiot!!!!!!

Delusional? That word doesn't even BEGIN to cover her. Let's also try: liar, self-serving, ignorant, opportunistic, condescending . . . Has NO conscience and NO qualms WHATSOEVER about throwing a rock and trying to hide her hand.

You get my drift.

One of the most low-down things I've ever seen on this show was when the Westmores were in the lab doing the usual walkthrough, and Autumn shoved Z under the bus, saying she'd roughed out the face, and Z had resculpted the whole thing. The look Michael Westmore gave him at that point --- not to mention his straight-up question, directly to Z: "Why did you resculpt it?" gave Z an open door on a silver platter to open his mouth and defend himself. He chose NOT to run through that door, then.

(More thoughts on that, later.)

And then, after she'd been bounced, she ACTUALLY HAD THE NERVE TO BE PISSED AND SAY THAT SHE THOUGHT SHE SHOULD STILL BE IN THE COMPETITION!

SMH.

Good riddance to bad rubbish! And with her appearance on this show, she won't realize it, but she's probably done herself some damage in the professional makeup world. Why? Because I can't see anybody in the industry who has any sense and likes a drama-free workplace hiring her to do anything for them.

NOW, about Z!

Yep, Autumn lied on him and threw him under the bus in front of the Westmores. And no, he didn't do anything to defend himself at that point.

I'm not really wild about how he handled --- or, truthfully, DIDN'T handle --- that. But, the OTHER side of what I believe I can see of his mindset is that he didn't want to come across "in front of company", so to speak, as being a guy who'd bully a gal and call her a liar.

Tommy and lunatic Joe going at it in the lab was ONE thing. They were both guys. Also, when the walkthrough was done, IIRC, both of 'em played the friction between them (yep, COMPLETELY caused by Joe) off. And did it to where whoever it was that did their walkthrough didn't have a clue, then, that there were at least a couple of times those two damn near came to blows in the lab.

I can actually understand that Z knew Autumn was a lunatic, and just didn't want to start up with her about it in the lab. ESPECIALLY since he was a guy, she's a gal, and she's got like, what, at least ten, fifteen years in age on him. And no, he didn't have Anthony's experience and finesse to be able to know how to handle Autumn to where she wouldn't even TRY to steamroll and de-ball him. Anthony DID, so she wasn't as dangerous to him as she might've tried to be, otherwise.

And frankly, if Z'd TRIED to defend himself in the lab, I think Autumn's the type personality that would've got loud, slammed stuff around to get her "point" across, and so on. Hell, she did that ANYWAY, since THE VERY FIRST SHOW. And ALL of them knew how childish and what a lunatic she was. And NONE of them wanted to be around to suffer while she ranted and raved.

Which is EXACTLY what would've happened.

The good thing is, Z DID stand up for himself. Eventually. And he, at least, had sense enough to do it AFTER she'd put her lies out there on the table, in front of God and everybody, at judging. After the discussion of the makeup'd already begun. And he did it in a way that was not disrespectful to or dismissive of Autumn. He quietly asked permission to speak, which was granted by Glenn. And by then, The Three'd been able to do their job in THIS case. They'd sized her up from previous judgings, then asked questions during THIS judging and let her run her mouth and put the final nails in her coffin, HERSELF.

Even Alex, when she worked with her, had sense enough, like Anthony, to just sit back and let Autumn do herself in. And Autumn was smart, too. She knew who she could get away with bullying and bossing around. And in the lab, she did that with Z. She KNEW he'd never challenge or correct her in front of the Westmores.

And he didn't.

But, he DID open his mouth and speak up when and where it was absolutely necessary, in the right venue, at the right time, in the right way.

I caught Glenn's remark about possibly firing the both of them. But, I think upon reflection, it might be possible that he might doublethink that regarding Z.

But then again, this IS Glenn we're talking about, so I might have to rethink MY thought about that.

And I LOVED how Ve shot at Autumn, something to the effect of: "You were so busy being bossy he COULDN'T get anything done!" Or words to that effect.

LOVED that!

More later.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Ness wrote: "I caught Glenn's remark about possibly firing the both of them. But, I think upon reflection, it might be possible that he might doublethink that regarding Z. But then again, this IS Glenn we're talking about, so I might have to rethink MY thought about that."

I think based on the WORK that was shown, Glenn would've fired both of them. The thing was something a 2 year old could've put together, and even then HE'D done better than this duo.

That said, Glenn is someone who I've noticed will take into consideration someone who stands up for himself or herself. While as mentioned Z didn't say anything in the consult (and I feel like you wisely to be respectful to EVERYONE in that studio), he did stand up for himself in the reveal. What made his compared to Tommy/Joe's debate last season is that he didn't just jump in at the beginning and give his speech, he waited until AFTER Autumn said her piece. That way, he showed respect of her (even if barely) and then criticized what she said in a polite and proper manner.

And that is what saved Z. I think if we had another Tommy/Joe fiasco Glenn would've convinced Ve and Neville (and of course production) to do the double elimination this week. It would've been warranted.

Even when he stepped out for a few minutes to clear his head - he did it instead of lay into Autumn for her attitude or what she said. And yet - she rants and rages about that maybe 10 minute break. All that said, Autumn... when you're lying about the fellow and what he's producing, do you really think that they're going to work hard to save your hide?

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Ness wrote: "I caught Glenn's remark about possibly firing the both of them. But, I think upon reflection, it might be possible that he might doublethink that regarding Z. But then again, this IS Glenn we're talking about, so I might have to rethink MY thought about that."

I think based on the WORK that was shown, Glenn would've fired both of them. The thing was something a 2 year old could've put together, and even then HE'D done better than this duo.

That said, Glenn is someone who I've noticed will take into consideration someone who stands up for himself or herself. While as mentioned Z didn't say anything in the consult (and I feel like you wisely to be respectful to EVERYONE in that studio), he did stand up for himself in the reveal. What made his compared to Tommy/Joe's debate last season is that he didn't just jump in at the beginning and give his speech, he waited until AFTER Autumn said her piece. That way, he showed respect of her (even if barely) and then criticized what she said in a polite and proper manner.

And that is what saved Z. I think if we had another Tommy/Joe fiasco Glenn would've convinced Ve and Neville (and of course production) to do the double elimination this week. It would've been warranted.

Even when he stepped out for a few minutes to clear his head - he did it instead of lay into Autumn for her attitude or what she said. And yet - she rants and rages about that maybe 10 minute break. All that said, Autumn... when you're lying about the fellow and what he's producing, do you really think that they're going to work hard to save your hide?
    jade . . .

No doubt about it: The WORK that was shown WAS hideous. Having said that, JMHO, me, personally, I would take into consideration just WHO did WHAT; just WHERE the work started, just WHO seemed to have taken the lead on the FUBAR presentation. Bottom line, even though they BOTH worked on it, the onus for the WHOLE SHOOTING MATCH in a camp of mine would fall squarely into Autumn's lap, in this particular case. Me, personally, I would've KNOWN who was mostly responsible for that mess (or "travesty", as Glenn referred to it). And there's a more than good chance they'd be lugging their makeup kit behind them as they went out my door, PERMANENTLY.

As for the partner in crime, by the time I got through ripping them up one end and down the other, they'd NEVER find themselves before me ever again while in my employ allowing something THAT hideous to ever cross my line of sight, again.

If it happened a SECOND time with the PIC involved in any way, buh-bye.

I DON'T like repeating myself. ESPECIALLY not about work matters.

What YOU said, in your post above:

"What made his compared to Tommy/Joe's debate last season is that he didn't just jump in at the beginning and give his speech, he waited until AFTER Autumn said her piece. That way, he showed respect of her (even if barely) and then criticized what she said in a polite and proper manner."

Was EXACTLY the same thing that I said in my post that preceded yours:

"The good thing is, Z DID stand up for himself. Eventually. And he, at least, had sense enough to do it AFTER she'd put her lies out there on the table, in front of God and everybody, at judging. After the discussion of the makeup'd already begun. And he did it in a way that was not disrespectful to or dismissive of Autumn. He quietly asked permission to speak, which was granted by Glenn. And by then, The Three'd been able to do their job in THIS case. They'd sized her up from previous judgings, then asked questions during THIS judging and let her run her mouth and put the final nails in her coffin, HERSELF."

We ALL knew that last season, Tommy REALLY pissed Glenn off, in particular, by jumping in and defending himself before the judges had even done their job and asked one question about that makeup.

So, it seems like we're in complete agreement in both our posts on how Tommy handled being bulldozed by his partner at judging, vs. how Z handled it at judging.

So, yeah, I too think HOW Z handled it was a BIG factor in him still being around. The OTHER --- and most important, I think --- factor was that The Three KNEW what a delusional idiot Autumn was from having judged her before, with her NOT being anywhere on the planet regarding how awful her work usually was. Matter of fact, IIRC, I remember Glenn saying to the other two in deliberations about a previous proffering of some of Autumn's work: "And if she doesn't see how there's anything wrong with what she presented, then I don't see how there's going to be much hope for her, going forward. I don't know what to tell you."

Words to that effect, anyway, because I was paraphrasing what he specifically said, of course.

And yep, my hat's off to Z for having the presence of mind to go outside before he went off on Autumn INSIDE. No, it's NOT like she wouldn't've DESERVED that. But two wrongs don't make a right. And sometimes, you can win the war if you're smart enough to walk away from one or two of the battles.

I think, in this case, Z won his war.
    Last edited by ness; 02-27-2013 at 07:19 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Yep - she was delusional. And still made a wolf snout look like a pig's nose. Seriously, making a slightly distorted pear shape with two holes isn't that difficult to do. Even if she did a teddy bear style more rounded button nose it'd been better.

Though I will say that I was at least pleasantly surprised SOMETHING came out to be shown. At the rate the two were going I wondered really.

And Anthony and Eric F. I think learned (hopefully) you do NOT cast on day three. You do the casts way in advance. That's why that body Split I think. (well that and they really didn't work well on the anatomy to wear a costume backward essentially.)

Yep - she was delusional. And still made a wolf snout look like a pig's nose. Seriously, making a slightly distorted pear shape with two holes isn't that difficult to do. Even if she did a teddy bear style more rounded button nose it'd been better.

Though I will say that I was at least pleasantly surprised SOMETHING came out to be shown. At the rate the two were going I wondered really.

And Anthony and Eric F. I think learned (hopefully) you do NOT cast on day three. You do the casts way in advance. That's why that body Split I think. (well that and they really didn't work well on the anatomy to wear a costume backward essentially.)
    How in the WORLD she got a pig nose out of a wolf snout, I'll never know. But, then again, she was ALSO the one who substituted a kitty-cat face with a kinda smashed-in schnozz for a Gummi bear face.

So, THERE ya go!

Actually, besides the reasons I mentioned before, part of WHY Z didn't lay Fall's butt out during the making of their stuff (at least the part they showed him saying in a PI, that is), is that he WAS worried that if he stood his ground with her, they wouldn't have ANYTHING on the stage at reveal time. If he'd've seriously opened his mouth to her, she'd've gone completely ape$#!+ up in that house, not done anything more, and maybe even destroyed what was already "finished", I think. And then, at reveal, when they DIDN'T have anything at all to show, she'd've said Z was the cause. So, you're dead on target with that one. What they had WAS awful, but it's not like they didn't show SOMETHING.

Casting pieces on Day 3? SMH. Anthony SHOULD'VE known better. But I think he likes Fox and his work a LOT, so he checked his common sense at the door in many ways and basically followed Fox' kooky lead when they worked together. I think Fox is kind of like Roy in that he loves the "Weird. Weirder! WEIRDEST!" school of gruesome makeup thought. But whereas Roy is a master of that particular aspect of the craft, Fox is still sort of marinating in it. So he sometimes goes sideways timewise and ends up just sliding in a bit sloppily under the wire, usually, or quite a few times. He allows his vision to outgrow his reality.

Glenn's already made note of Fox' glaring deficiencies during a judges' coference at a previous reveal.

I don't specifically recall WHOSE idea it was to have the actor walk backward (Fox' probably), but when I first heard that, I was like: "Huh? How in the name of GOD is the guy supposed to ACT if he's facing BACKWARDS?!" Also, when Anthony told their model/actor that he was gonna be walking backwards, I cracked up when the guy screeched to a standstill, stared at Anthony a second, then said: "OOOOO-Kaaaaay!"

Even I knew that that was NOT gonna WORK!!!!!

Priceless.

TALK about checking your brain at the door.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    How in the WORLD she got a pig nose out of a wolf snout, I'll never know. But, then again, she was ALSO the one who substituted a kitty-cat face with a kinda smashed-in schnozz for a Gummi bear face.
    With cotton bubblegum pink Micky Mouse Ears on top of it.

Seriously - I think the ONLY thing I liked about any of her work was the outfit she made for the bear... and even that wasn't that great.

I don't specifically recall WHOSE idea it was to have the actor walk backward (Fox' probably), but when I first heard that, I was like: "Huh? How in the name of GOD is the guy supposed to ACT if he's facing BACKWARDS?!" Also, when Anthony told their model/actor that he was gonna be walking backwards, I cracked up when the guy screeched to a standstill, stared at Anthony a second, then said: "OOOOO-Kaaaaay!"

Even I knew that that was NOT gonna WORK!!!!!

Priceless.

TALK about checking your brain at the door.
    Admittedly they have had one other model pose in a state that was not real face front. This was Sam and her partner's "habitable planet light years from here" challenge where they had the model in a crab walk position and had a "baby" as well in the belly. This one was actually pretty cool because the creature was supposed to walk both ways - I think they designed the creature to be a rock dweller or had two faces - front and back.

That said... the creature CRAWLED, this one walked backward. I think had they flipped the werewolf to a proper direction it'd prevented most of these issues.

Do think you're spot on though in regard to Anthony's checking his brain out in front of the door with this decision. Fortunately Autumn had her mental nuclear meltdown and created something worse - Fox and Anthony would've been in trouble otherwise.

With cotton bubblegum pink Micky Mouse Ears on top of it.

Seriously - I think the ONLY thing I liked about any of her work was the outfit she made for the bear... and even that wasn't that great.

Admittedly they have had one other model pose in a state that was not real face front. This was Sam and her partner's "habitable planet light years from here" challenge where they had the model in a crab walk position and had a "baby" as well in the belly. This one was actually pretty cool because the creature was supposed to walk both ways - I think they designed the creature to be a rock dweller or had two faces - front and back.

That said... the creature CRAWLED, this one walked backward. I think had they flipped the werewolf to a proper direction it'd prevented most of these issues.

Do think you're spot on though in regard to Anthony's checking his brain out in front of the door with this decision. Fortunately Autumn had her mental nuclear meltdown and created something worse - Fox and Anthony would've been in trouble otherwise.
    LOL!

Ain't THAT the livin' truth!

Sometimes, Glenn has me cracking UP! IIRC, what he said when he saw Fall's Gummi bear-kitty was something to the effect of that if the best thing HE liked about a makeup was the COSTUME, you KNEW you were in trouble!

And no, that costume WASN'T that great to me, either!

That other non-facing-front instance that you spoke on sounds SO interesting. If that happened during the first season I wouldn't've seen it, because I didn't find out about FaceOff 'til the second season. I'll have to try to find that ep. I'd REALLY like to see it.

DD?

BOY does she grate on my nerves!

OK, IIRC, she was partnered with Anthony in the very first challenge. This would be when Anthony knocked their cast off the table and the nose on it broke. DD damn near burst a blood vessel. Anthony'd gotten immunity from the Foundation Challenge, and without even KNOWING him, DD assumed he'd slack off and do just enough to skate by (and Alex went past DD and told her that she'd TOLD her that this kind of thing would happen, which just made DD even MORE agitated). And that he couldn't fix that cast, and WOULDN'T, anyway, BECAUSE he had immunity, so HE didn't have a thing to worry about. Not ONLY did Anthony step up and repair the broken cast, he piloted them to the first place spot in makeups, and himself to the winning spot overall in that Spotlight Challenge.

FF.

DD --- GOD ONLY KNOWS HOW! --- received immunity for doing the best job in the zombie cattle-call Foundation Challenge. She winds up partnered with House for the wolfy Spotlight Challenge.

So what does SHE do?

She basically says, in a PI, that since SHE has immunity, HOUSE should take the lead on this. She actually ends up doing SOME work. But she pretty much cruises, mostly. She laughs. She plays around. She moves like she's knocked back a fifth of JD, or something, as it appears she takes her own sweet time laying hair on their werewolf, and slows around doing other things, as well. And, it seems as though she has NO consideration for the fact that House --- PITA, anal, controlling and kind of a know-it-all though he may very well be --- is her partner, and doesn't seem to try to make an effort to honestly move her ass and actually HELP him. As opposed to doing just enough to be able to say she did SOMETHING, on Judgment Day.

House, of course, HASN'T forgotten she's golden (Lord KNOWS, he makes that clear, in his PIs). So, he does what he needs to do, and powers the both of them through to the second-place spot (IIRC). All the while being understandably driven crazier than he already is by her slowness and "Whoopee!" attitude.

Honestly, she was about as useful to him on this challenge as boobs on a boar hog.

I find it VERY irritating that DD got all hot in the drawers because she thought ANTHONY was just going to sit back and cruise when HE had immunity when they worked together. Then, when the shoe was on the other foot and SHE was in Anthony's shoes, she actually DID play around and pretty much cruise when she "worked" with House.

DD just showed the entire country that BESIDES being a borderline mediocre makeup artist in the FIRST place, and a generally not-so-likeable person in the SECOND place, she doesn't have a whole lot going for her, at all. Talent-wise, personality-wise, OR --- MOST importantly --- character-wise.

Please, Father . . . PLEASE let this woman step in it and smear it around big-time so she can get the hell OFF my screen in this competition.

And BTW . . .

What in the WORLD was that pointed, hairy-tail-thingy that was sticking out of the back of their werewolf? WHY in the world was that pointed, hairy-tail-thingy sticking out of the back of their werewolf? Whoever was responsible for that needs their head examined and their eyes checked (or re-checked, in House's case!).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12