+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 2/12 episode - *spoilers*

2/12 episode - *spoilers*

I was unable to see the episode last night due to work.

That said, I've seen the photos and will say two things:

1. They're kinda horror, but it's because it's a "two heads/better than one" but they're surprisingly not gory - just bunch of ogres.

2. Meagan and Jenna's creation - um... WHY would you put the second head that close to the nether region?

And reading the results - explanation is clear enough - Jenna is finally out. Top artist was Eric F.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 2/12 episode - *spoilers*

[mod edit]

I'm glad Jenna was finally let go. It doesn't matter that the pain in her hand is not her fault. She can't do the challenges because of it so there's no point in her sticking around. I was happy she threw herself under the bus instead of pleading with the judges to let her stay. Personally, I think she was way over her head in this competition and wouldn't have performed much better if her hand had been well.

Kris and Eric F's giant was by far the best one. They well-deserved the win!
    Last edited by Critical; 02-14-2013 at 12:13 AM.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

I thought they did a pretty good job with the amount of time they had. Doing a giant and more than one facial sculpt is a lot of extra work. I kind of wish they'd given them an extra half day to work on things. I would have liked to see what they would have done.

Meagan and Jenna had planned to have the second head growing out of the top of the first head, but it all collapsed and they had no time. Jenna just sort of gave up and didn't help a lot. They had a LOT of problems. They weren't all Jenna's fault, but almost all, and she took so much time to do anything. It really isn't fair to others to be teamed up with her, even though it's not her fault about her hand, so I'm glad she went.

I don't understand with her hand the way it is why they always put her doing the facial sculpts though. I'm sure she'd do better at the bigger things rather than things that require such precision.

Eric Z deserved the win. His eight foot giant heads engulfed his six foot actor. His vision and the playful comedy with Jack stabbing the Giant's hand were great.

Once again Anthony stepped up to the plate with his front and back head sculpts. The problem was with the hands which were covered in gloves and looked ridiculous. Since Autumn was in charge of costume, enough said. She told us she was going to ride Anthony's coattails and ride them she did.

Alam should team with no one except Anthony. I don't remember who thought up the concept, but even if it worked, the head sculpts were bad.

Finally, Jenna and her bad hands are leaving so she can heal. I didn't feel bad for her because she should have gone last week.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Jenna, another unsurprising boot.

I'm glad Fox got a win.

JENNA - LONG overdue exit. Far as I can tell/remember, she should've been gone at least three shows ago. Again, I've got to wonder just WHEN it is or was that she first knew about her hand tumor, seeing as how I don't recall this problem being mentioned during the first two challenges. It may sound like I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth (and I may very well BE doing that), but I can also see the method to the judges' madness in allowing her to hang around as long as they did, too. Painful as it's been to have her around, if they'd 86d her during the first show that her hand was brought up as being a factor in the poor work, they would've looked like the villains. Like they had no hearts and were "picking" on her, or something. Sadly, to me, she in her way is just as delusional as Autumn is. But her delusion COULD possibly wind up crippling her for good in her chosen profession, because obviously, that hand needed to have been dealt with. And it was also obvious that SHE wasn't going to be the one to acknowledge that and take herself out of the FaceOff equation. So it had to be done FOR her.

MEAGAN - Seeing as how she was paired with Jenna, I really felt for her. Lord KNOWS I did. However, the more I see of her, the less I like her. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there seems to always be a kind of complaining, Debbie Downer vibe I get from her, no matter WHO it is that she's paired with. An aura of desperation and resulting meanness seems to always surround her. And frankly, she doesn't strike me as being all that talented, anyway.

AUTUMN - My wish/pick for next boot. I've not liked her since the very first show, and --- just like Meagan --- the more I see of her, the less I like her. Autumn is so ridiculous that she's overshadowed Meagan, for me, at least. She's almost comical in how highly she thinks of herself and her "skills", when in actuality, she's one of the worst ON here. Besides her lack of skills, what really reads negatively to me is her penchant for looking down at/talking down to the people she's paired with. Sadly, I think she might survive longer than she needs to, like Jenna, as well.

ANTHONY - The more I see of him, the more I like him. His chest and back sculpts were to DIE for, this week. This is also a very secure, smart guy, as well, who's tuned in to what's going on around him and the people he's dealing with. I rolled when he noted that both he and Autumn are strong leader personalities, therefore, the way he was going to handle her would be to let her think she had more control over the creation situation than she actually did. Absolutely BRILLIANT. And even though Autumn obviously thinks she's The Next Great Sculptor and Makeup Artist, seeing the face she sculpted that floated above the one on Anthony's chest piece should leave NO doubt in any reasonable person's mind as regards who it was on this team that had --- and HAS --- the actual makeup chops.

ERIC F - KUDOS! That two-headed giant rocked! It reminded me of Rod and Roy's first venture, on a grand, grander, grandest scale. And he and Kris made it believable and pulled it off! Frankly, this was enough for me to forgive him for the Gummi blob from last week (at least for a hot minute, anyway!). Well-deserved, indeed. And I have to say that I did LOL when Michael Westmore did his mentoring walkthrough and specifically talked to Eric about being careful about time management this time around, and reminded him how that came back to bite him in the rear on the last team challenge. I truly liked how he respectfully pulled no punches with Eric. And it was obvious that THIS time around (regardless of a bit of required nail-biting time that popped up later on) Eric DID listen, and he and Kris WERE able to pull it off. By the skin of their teeth, maybe. But they made it happen.

KRIS - Deserves special mention and kudos for having the sense to step back and play wingman to Eric, this week.

More thoughts later, maybe.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Who's the most impressive woman? Alam?

I like Fox. I think him, House, and Anthony are among the best.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Who's the most impressive woman? Alam?

I like Fox. I think him, House, and Anthony are among the best.
    Hmmm . . .

GOOD question about the women, Johnny!

Alam is SO green, but, Meagan ain't that great, either.

Of the two, just a first, gut-level reaction, my opinion would be Alam, because she apparently has enough sense to realize what she DOESN'T know, and enough sense to play wingwoman and LEARN. Also, I don't get that sense/aura of desperation and meanness that seems to me to hover around Meagan, either.

I'm not wild about Fox' horror-makeup slant. But personality-wise, he IS fun and endearing, what with his enthusiasm about his work. And he's clearly shown that despite his loony side, he IS capable of pulling off great makeups. I just have to grin and SMH when he's on.

House. There's something there makeupwise, I think, but he's being way overshadowed by . . .

Anthony.

My money is still on Anthony to at least make it to F3/F2, and possibly take it all.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I think it's safe to say one of the men will win this season, unless one of the women has a huge comeback starting next episode.

Will the public be voting for a winner among the F3 again?
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I think it's safe to say one of the men will win this season, unless one of the women has a huge comeback starting next episode.

Will the public be voting for a winner among the F3 again?
    I agree with you about one of the men taking it all, this season.

But then again, strange things have been known to happen on all these shows before!

Don't know about the public being in on picking a winner among the F3 again, this year.

One thing I DO like is that whoever is chosen to return will do so in the NEXT season of FaceOff.

I'm not mad about Nicole winning last season. But, like Roy, I DID have to raise an eyebrow when she won the returnee "Day of the Dead" challenge and was immediately allowed to come back in. Happy for her, I am, but I didn't think that was fair to the others who'd fought their way through from Day One. I strongly suspect that there were a LOT of complaints made about how that was handled, the FaceOff PTB heard those complaints, listened to them, and THIS is why whoever redeems themselves from THIS season won't come back in until S5.

I THINK it'll be S5 then, anyway!

And whoever that is WILL still have an advantage over the others, because they'll have been there, done that, and will have that knowledge to shore them up for the fight ahead.

JMHO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast