+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Face Off 4 Redemption Challenges

Face Off 4 Redemption Challenges

Jenna's Struggles | Face Off | Syfy Video | Syfy

Face Off, like Top Chef, is presenting a web series of redemption challenges on SYFY.com for those who are cut during the show.

The eliminated contestants compete for a second chance at being a contestant next season. Use the link I provided to SyFy to watch the competition judged by Glen Hedtrick.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Face Off 4 Redemption Challenges

Next season. That's fair. Ultimately I wasn't happy with Nicole winning last season (I thought it should have been Laura).

How many eliminees will be in this? Is it like a Redemption Island/Last Chance Kitchen format?

Yes, it is except they do not re-enter this season.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I like this idea much better. Although I thought Nicole was a good winner, I would have preferred Laura also.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

TPTB must've gotten a LOT of flak about Nicole winning a challenge, and turning right around and coming back in.

As well they SHOULD have.

I understood Roy having a burr under his saddle about it then, and I understand it, now.

Not the smartest move TPTB ever made, but, it's a learning process for THEM, too, I suppose.

I'm just glad they had sense enough to correct that glitch THIS season, and let the returnee return NEXT season.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

In the first round - Katie wins!

They had to create an intergalactic UN character with only basic prosthetics and costume provided.
    Troy's was overly complicated and muddy. IMHO, he just doesn't have the basic talent.
    Michael's was good, and he might have won, but the prosthetic starting slipping. He hoped Glen wouldn't notice.
    Alex's was OK...just not great.

Katie's was imaginative, the horns were well-done and the edges were blended well.
    It was nice to see her get redemption after the debacle of the demon challenge (I really felt Jenna should have gone home then).

Great concept and much better than inserting a contestant back into the show. Plus it gives us lots more challenges to watch, which is the best!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

In the second round - Jenna won (she's had the surgery done on her hand). The challenge was glam vampire.
    Katie really could've won except she fell into the trap it seems that most on this show fall into. Her gorgeous model was turned into a brute. OK if you're doing a troll or something, but for glam vampire, you need some aspect of beauty. Glen called her out on it. I wish they'd mention it on the show - too much horror and ugly.

Autumn's was OK - but she had major issues (what a shock!) dealing with the stock prosthetics and blending.
    Alam? the poor deluded dear just did a beauty makeup. No applications at all. Even the model questioned her. There were some nice touches, but just not nearly enough.

So Jenna moved on to the third round with Megan and Eric Z.
    This one was psychotic clown.
    No one really nailed it IMHO. But Eric won with a worn, evil look (but a bad, bad wig!).

I love this redemption challenge. Glen gives really good feedback and everyone seems happy to have the second chance. Only Katie seemed really pissed to lose to Jenna in the second round.
    The show must have dragged Megan down badly, because here she was bubbly and so cheerful. wow!

+ Reply to Thread