+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 2/6 episode thread

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 2/6 episode thread

lol at the guest judge's name being Cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    lol at the guest judge's name being Cotton.
    I HAD to grin at that, too!

At first, I thought I heard McKenzie wrong!

Dude is talented, though. Those pictures they showed of his work were wonderful!
    Gala62 and JohnnyK like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I giggled when the models started coming out and he was looking at a horror show...NOT what he was expecting! I was thinking to myself as they were showing his Katy Perry work - uh oh, he is not expecting this dark slant at all. His comments to the group were some of the most lukewarm I've heard on the show

Ness- I agree about the respect shown to Michael Westmore- it is very nice to see! We may not like some of the talent, but they sure recognize a legend.

That blob. oh boy. The melted gummies were bad enough, but that stupid damn tongue. It reminded me of the movie "Weird Science" when the brother gets turned into a giant pile of poop. Sorry to say, Eric would probably be immensely flattered by that comparison...ugh.

Although I can't argue too strongly about Alex going home (hers was a complete disaster), I still loathe Autumn's. I think it boils down to her earlier comment that Anthony was her main competition! umm...honey...you are SO far below Anthony I'm not sure how you even made it onto this show.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Jenna's Struggles | Face Off | Syfy Video | Syfy

Face Off, like Top Chef, is presenting a web series of redemption challenges for those who are cut during the show. The final winner will earn a spot in next season's show.

And so, they seem to have spilled the beans that there will be a next season, even though it hasn't bee officially announced yet.

I can't see either of those other two girls that were in the bottom 3 lasting much longer. I don't get the love heaped on House his stuff always looks like a hot mess to me. I also don't see the guy that presented us with the orange pile of goo sticking around too much longer. I really like what Alam did, & I thought she & Anthony had the best concepts from costume to makeup, top to bottom. I had to edit this to say that I also hate all the horror aspects these folks trot out week after week. Surely they can think of something else.
    Last edited by razorbacker; 02-07-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    I giggled when the models started coming out and he was looking at a horror show...NOT what he was expecting! I was thinking to myself as they were showing his Katy Perry work - uh oh, he is not expecting this dark slant at all. His comments to the group were some of the most lukewarm I've heard on the show

Ness- I agree about the respect shown to Michael Westmore- it is very nice to see! We may not like some of the talent, but they sure recognize a legend.

That blob. oh boy. The melted gummies were bad enough, but that stupid damn tongue. It reminded me of the movie "Weird Science" when the brother gets turned into a giant pile of poop. Sorry to say, Eric would probably be immensely flattered by that comparison...ugh.

Although I can't argue too strongly about Alex going home (hers was a complete disaster), I still loathe Autumn's. I think it boils down to her earlier comment that Anthony was her main competition! umm...honey...you are SO far below Anthony I'm not sure how you even made it onto this show.
    Yeah, the horror on his face at the candy horror presentations was funny! And in his remarks, I think he was really TRYING to be polite, but just wanted to cut loose with a huge "EWWWWWWWW! WHAT kind of candy have YOU guys been eatin' lately?!"

Eric F and his blob? Yeah, he WOULD be greatly flattered by the comparison to a giant pile of poop. That tongue was just nasty, gross, and unnecessary. We all know his point with that, but he took it too far. I agree with pikachu, too, that his final presentation looked like/resembled the creature out of "The Thing". Eric F has made it plain that he likes and gets off on gross stuff, though, so what else can you expect out of him?

Autumn? In connection with Eric's blob, she trashed it REAL bad in her PI. But I HAD to crack up again when HE wound up SAFE, and SHE wound up in the B3 for THE SECOND WEEK IN A ROW! Eric may very well be a make-your-skin-crawl-to-the-max makeup lunatic, but obviously, even WITH that, HE'S got more on the ball than SHE does!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I can't see either of those other two girls that were in the bottom 3 lasting much longer. I don't get the love heaped on House his stuff always looks like a hot mess to me. I also don't see the guy that presented us with the orange pile of goo sticking around too much longer. I really like what Alam did, & I thought she & Anthony had the best concepts from costume to makeup, top to bottom. I had to edit this to say that I also hate all the horror aspects these folks trot out week after week. Surely they can think of something else.
    The OTHER bottom two?

JMHO, Jenna (Hand Tumor) should've been gone last week. I understand why they sent Katie packing before her, though. Those "walkers" and that back sculpt were just hideous and large enough that if you were viewing the final presentation from the front OR back, your eye went directly to THOSE first. She was responsible for BOTH of those, so she was the one that wound up taking the bullet for that team. Jenna said she felt responsible for Katie having gone, rather than her.

Well, if I were her, I think I would've felt responsible, AND GUILTY, too.

Autumn? SMH. I understand that photos of her work were obviously enough to get her tapped to get on this show. But, looking at her week-to-week work, her lack of solid talent (as opposed to quite a few of the others) and her comical, almost dangerous arrogance/confidence in her "abilities", I think it'll be a coin toss as to whether it's her or Jenna that'll be packing up their makeup kit and hittin' the bricks first.

House? I DID like the icy goblin king he and Katie made. I thought Katie's backpiece was a little TOO humpbacked, but I really liked it, overall. Otherwise, his superhero sucked (STILL can't figure out why the judges --- in particular, Glenn --- were raving so over that one), his and Meagan's poorly painted snake demon with the cheesy-looking hand puppet was "Meh!" (and Michael Westmore had SPECIFICALLY addressed proper painting of the appliance when he talked to them in the lab!) and his poorly-painted candy character with the poorly-painted hellmouth of a tummy was just pitiful. I've had a pretty good laugh at his expense in at least two instances: 1. When he and Meagan were working on the snake hand, he didn't like what she was doing and took it over, then HE didn't like what he'd done with it HIMSELF at presentation, and Neville just called it what it was . . . a SOCK PUPPET. 2. The look on his face when HIS candy character didn't win. He was SO SURE that tummy hellmouth was going to push him to the top, when all it did was push him into the safe zone. BOY, was he PISSED!!!!!!!

Eric F, the blob guy. Nah. He's too into horror. He's not as bad as Autumn or Jenna, but I don't think he'll be around for a significant while, either.

Alam and Anthony? Yeah, they rocked this one. In a weird, kind of perverse way, much as I liked Anthony's and as good as it was, I'm also kind of glad that he DIDN'T take it, this week. The fact that he didn't, to me, takes at least SOME of the pressure off him to have to climb Mount Olympus every week and knock every challenge out of the park. NOBODY is that good, and it evens things out a lot.

I still think --- barring a MAJOR catastrophe --- he'll wind up in F2 at least, and very possibly win the whole shooting match.

JMHO, thoughts and observations.
    Gala62 and jadewarlock like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Yeah, the horror on his face at the candy horror presentations was funny! And in his remarks, I think he was really TRYING to be polite, but just wanted to cut loose with a huge "EWWWWWWWW! WHAT kind of candy have YOU guys been eatin' lately?!"
    Apparently they've been eating the Garbage Pail Kids type candy, or the following: candied/chocolate grasshoppers/ants/mealworms; Tequila lollipops with a worm in them (and eating the worm as well), Mentos that have been dropped into Diet Soda bottles (OK, bit too silly), gummy/bubblegum body parts, and Bernie Bott's Jellybeans, particularly the flavors booger/ear wax/and skunk spray (though in Eric F's case he also ate one too many vomit ones.)

Eric F and his blob? Yeah, he WOULD be greatly flattered by the comparison to a giant pile of poop. That tongue was just nasty, gross, and unnecessary. We all know his point with that, but he took it too far. I agree with pikachu, too, that his final presentation looked like/resembled the creature out of "The Thing". Eric F has made it plain that he likes and gets off on gross stuff, though, so what else can you expect out of him?
    Here's hoping for a beauty challenge. It's almost in a way Joe from last season, not caring what others think but just designing for himself.

House? I DID like the icy goblin king he and Katie made. I thought Katie's backpiece was a little TOO humpbacked, but I really liked it, overall. Otherwise, his superhero sucked (STILL can't figure out why the judges --- in particular, Glenn --- were raving so over that one), his and Meagan's poorly painted snake demon with the cheesy-looking hand puppet was "Meh!" (and Michael Westmore had SPECIFICALLY addressed proper painting of the appliance when he talked to them in the lab!) and his poorly-painted candy character with the poorly-painted hellmouth of a tummy was just pitiful. I've had a pretty good laugh at his expense in at least two instances: 1. When he and Meagan were working on the snake hand, he didn't like what she was doing and took it over, then HE didn't like what he'd done with it HIMSELF at presentation, and Neville just called it what it was . . . a SOCK PUPPET. 2. The look on his face when HIS candy character didn't win. He was SO SURE that tummy hellmouth was going to push him to the top, when all it did was push him into the safe zone. BOY, was he PISSED!!!!!!!
    I didn't see last week's episode so I missed the comments, but when I saw the demon you mentioned, I even said "Why did they put a snake painted oven mitt on this guy's hand?"

And the rest of your comment speaks loud and clear my opinons.

Alam and Anthony? Yeah, they rocked this one. In a weird, kind of perverse way, much as I liked Anthony's and as good as it was, I'm also kind of glad that he DIDN'T take it, this week. The fact that he didn't, to me, takes at least SOME of the pressure off him to have to climb Mount Olympus every week and knock every challenge out of the park. NOBODY is that good, and it evens things out a lot.

I still think --- barring a MAJOR catastrophe --- he'll wind up in F2 at least, and very possibly win the whole shooting match.

JMHO, thoughts and observations.
    I totally agree on Anthony - and I think honestly that's why he was safe. He had a better look I think than House did - animation did help with that design more than the design itself when you have a weak paint job. But Anthony is miles better than most of the designers here.

And - I think they also don't want another Roy effect - where Roy kept shooting too hard to be perfect, but then overthought his designs to the point he was eliminated in spite of having a better sculpt than the person who was safe and made the finals in the third spot.

I think Alam - who can be iffy on design - will have benefitted from being a top look this week and all the praise she got on the design (BTW deserved). I do not think she'll win but if she works hard at it, she could go far even in spite of being relatively fresh out of school for makeup.
    ness and Gala62 like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12