+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Critical
  • 1 Post By jadewarlock

Thread: Week 11 Photos - Immortal Enemies

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Week 11 Photos - Immortal Enemies

Nicole chose water as the element to influence her creations

Nicole's water demon strikes an attack pose

The Water Witch will defeat the demon with her mad martial arts skills

Laura went with Earth as her inspirational element

The Earth Witch has the force of trees behind her

This toxic waste demon is a contrast to the beauty and natural force of the witch

Fire was the element Derek chose to work with

Derek's witch uses lava to command and control her foes

The fire demon has been trapped underground for years

Re: Week 11 Photos - Immortal Enemies

Thanks SO much for picking up the mantle and posting the pics, pikachu. I truly appreciate it. I got SLAMMED with business stuff and have barely had any time to do much around here but admin stuff and burning off stress in the arcade.

Gold star for you! (or, you know, a blue one )
    Allie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Glad to do it! I started posting pictures on Friday but ran out of time to do the finale pictures. That's why I didn't post these until today.

I'm glad Face Off has good pictures and descriptions of the challenge designs, although their website is a bear to navigate.

I love these photos and I can see why Nicole would edge out a win. The way these photos are laid out I'd say this is probably how the final results turned out.

Nicole's are photo/film ready right on the mark. I just can't take my eyes off either of them. The mouth on the demon did have a slightly weird animation but it wasn't too bad. I did think about a what if in that Nicole could've done a what if and used a fish design of those fish deeper in the ocean with the huge hinged jaws and the lanterns on their heads.

Laura's witch was good, but I maintain the demon did her in.

Dereks are both weak when you go by film/photo and I still feel I'm seeing the Dark Sith from the first "Star Wars" movie in the fire witch.
    pikachu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Glad to do it! I started posting pictures on Friday but ran out of time to do the finale pictures. That's why I didn't post these until today.

I'm glad Face Off has good pictures and descriptions of the challenge designs, although their website is a bear to navigate.
    My biggest beef with SyFy's site is the videos that play automatically on practically every page. SO annoying....although now that I think about it, that runs second to the lack of captions on their photos. In several cases, I hadn't been able to watch the episode, so I didn't even know whose creation was whose.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

BTW, I also love Nicole's because hers seems to me to be the first BEAUTY makeup we've had in a very long time. Laura's water witch has that feel too, but not quite as much.

Nicole showed such a wide range - even with her two weakest makeups, that it just shows me why she won. Laura also has that wide range, but it was just one thing that hurt her in the overall win.

If we don't hear from either of them again - well, yeah, there's something wrong with production/makeup companies.

+ Reply to Thread