+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 10/31 finale part 2 *Spoilers*

10/31 finale part 2 *Spoilers*

For starters, I didn't know Roy was petulant last night due to the fact I just say the reveals. I'm disappointed in his attitude, but can understand to a point he got beaten out by someone who returned and had a challenge or two off.

He needs to be more careful of that in the future, but at least he gutted up and created the staff. I didn't know it was broken, and am mad at Tommy for once again messing with something that isn't his.

All this said, the finale was tonight and it was live. I thought that it was quite interesting and fun and it was nice to see how many people were complimentary toward each other. The questions were also quite interesting and I really enjoyed the behind the scenes shenanigans.

I did find it interesting they didn't ask Roy about if he was doing anything post show. I would presume he was doing the work at the haunted house (well save for tonight) but then again he may have gotten a gig and is silenced due to a confidentiality contract. I just do not see him not having a contract yet - unless because of being in the final four he had to wait until the winner was announced.

And it was good Joe was not present - these guys really do take quitters seriously and just throw them out completely. I like that - especially compared to quitters such as Osten in "Survivor."

Now, the winner - is - Nicole.

I have to admit I'd given the edge to Laura for the entire season, but Nicole did what she needed to in order to win and took full advantage of any advantage she got. I have to give her props for that, and even overall the only makeup I hated of hers was the one that got her eliminated.

The only one I'd been upset winning was Derek.

BTW - Roy mentioned something about wanting to win $50,000 in a preview prior to this. What was that all about?

Re: 10/31 finale part 2 *Spoilers*

jade, Tommy wasn't messing with something that wasn't his when the staff broke...Roy left it hanging over a table and Tommy bumped into it.

Like others have said, I wasn't happy with Roy's attitude, but he kept doing good work, and he created a gorgeous staff.

So it turns out that I really wanted Laura to win ;-), but Nicole really did fight for it. And honestly, her final two were much better (as a pair) than Laura's. But I figure we'll be hearing more about both of them in the future.

Apart from the commercials (because wow, there were a lot of them), the live show was good. Mackenzie actually talked to everyone, Joe wasn't there (yay!), and even the judges answered some questions.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    jade, Tommy wasn't messing with something that wasn't his when the staff broke...Roy left it hanging over a table and Tommy bumped into it.

Like others have said, I wasn't happy with Roy's attitude, but he kept doing good work, and he created a gorgeous staff.

So it turns out that I really wanted Laura to win ;-), but Nicole really did fight for it. And honestly, her final two were much better (as a pair) than Laura's. But I figure we'll be hearing more about both of them in the future.

Apart from the commercials (because wow, there were a lot of them), the live show was good. Mackenzie actually talked to everyone, Joe wasn't there (yay!), and even the judges answered some questions.
    My apologies - I misunderstood comments I've read here and elsewhere. So yep, still mad it was broken, even if it was his fault. Fortunately at least it looked great in the final reveal. And - it's good to know that at least when angry Roy will keep his personal feelings to himself (outside of private interviews) and just do a good job.

I didn't really feel there were too many commercials - but I also was chatting with my brother so that could've factored in. And yes, the judge's comments were great as was Ve's video, even though I felt it was a bit short.

It was a good final and as far as the previews for next season - what I saw was overall good but some of it pales in comparison to this year's work.

I'm thrilled Nicole won- she absolutley earned it. In fact, she had to work on a whole look to get back in so it wasnt a gimme. I really didnt think Roy had a bad attitude per se-he was upset for a bit-but he came round rather quickly, manned up to his poor attitude and worked like heck to help Nicole. The staff he created was gorgeous-too bad he left it in a place that led to it being broken. I would say Nicoles final creatures were the most cohesive.
    Arielflies likes this.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

I think the judges wanted Derek's creations more than Nicole's based on their critiques. I knew Laura wasn't going to win because the judges weren't too big on her demon. I voted for Derek not only for the last two creations he did but his entire body of work. I would have preferred Laura only because she was never in the bottom but her demon wasn't as great as the other two. As for Nicole's demon, I don't get the horns. It's out of place considering it's a water creature and I noticed that before the judges critiqued it. She should have used webbed ears or fins but it didn't matter because voters like comeback kids.

Derek's work really didn't impress me throughout the season, so I didn't want him to win. Over the season, I think Laura was the best (of the final 3), but Nicole's final characters were far superior, IMO. With Roy's prop it would have been even better. I still blame Tommy for that. Yes, Roy left it sitting where someone could break it, but NO ONE ELSE broke it. Tommy did. If he hadn't been a mess the entire time on the show I'd be more inclined to cut him some slack.

On the official site, people are ranting about Nicole's win and swearing to never watch the show again. I think almost ALL of the contestants could have been worthy of winning...maybe not Tommy....

I was disappointed by Roy's behavior. Glad he sucked it up and acted like an adult, but I thought his animosity was misplaced. If his work had been better, he wouldn't have been eliminated. It had nothing to do with Nicole.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Derek's work really didn't impress me throughout the season, so I didn't want him to win. Over the season, I think Laura was the best (of the final 3), but Nicole's final characters were far superior, IMO. With Roy's prop it would have been even better. I still blame Tommy for that. Yes, Roy left it sitting where someone could break it, but NO ONE ELSE broke it. Tommy did. If he hadn't been a mess the entire time on the show I'd be more inclined to cut him some slack.
    So it wasn't Roy's prop - that's a shame. Did he do the other staff though, or did Laura's just have one?

(would love to see a pic of it regardless).

And yes, when I saw Nicole's makeups, I was absolutely in awe. I loved Laura's, but there was something in both of Nicole's makeups that just really drew my attention. I still think Laura's being yellow hurt her more than anything - had it been a slightly similar color to the witch, she might've pulled it out. I still think she ranked second overall.

On the official site, people are ranting about Nicole's win and swearing to never watch the show again. I think almost ALL of the contestants could have been worthy of winning...maybe not Tommy....
    Tommy and most definitely Joe. All of them had at least one good design; however, Tommy had the fewest and was in the bottom two too many times for my liking to even come close to the final three.

I was disappointed by Roy's behavior. Glad he sucked it up and acted like an adult, but I thought his animosity was misplaced. If his work had been better, he wouldn't have been eliminated. It had nothing to do with Nicole.
    It was Roy's fault in regard to the wig on the makeup - I think he was sour grapes because he knew his sculpt and coloring was better than Nicole's (and it was IMHO) on the Grimm challenge. The wig destroyed his chances completely, especially threading it through the ears. So, he can't blame anyone but himself, and if was kicking himself, he didn't do a good job pointing that out and came off as petulant.

As I mentioned, I feel he was upset because someone who was eliminated and came back beat him into the final three (that and they haven't done a final four since season one - something I still am upset about myself). But it's a game show so this is a possibility. Still, it's a good thing he sucked it up and worked hard for Nicole. And he can say that he did help the eventual winner in the show.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    As for Nicole's demon, I don't get the horns. It's out of place considering it's a water creature and I noticed that before the judges critiqued it. She should have used webbed ears or fins but it didn't matter because voters like comeback kids.
    It was my understanding that it was only the witch that was the elemental creature, so the demon didn't have to be earth, fire, water, or whatever to tie in with the witch. It would be as if a demon from the nether-regions attacked a small fishing village and being water people they prayed to their water witch to save them.

In any case, I liked both her witch and her demon far better than the other contestants' last work.

Does anyone else feel there was a possibility they were supposed to have a final FOUR until Joe quit? The reason I say this is that most people see the elements as earth, air and fire (mostly due to the band of the same name).

But here we have earth, air, fire and water.

While in seasons past they've had an extra one or two elements, when you also add that there was NO elimination that first episode, and no double eliminations I can recall, this means that there was most likely that possibility.

All it does is make me loathe Joe and his attitude and quitting (though here I didn't mind) more and would validate a reason for Roy to be pissed or angry - legitimately he could've been a finalist and could've won.
    ness likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I doubt it. If they had wanted to have a final four, they could done the challenge while Roy was still in the competition. They could have had him in the bottom two last week and then not eliminated anybody so that all four could go to the finals. I did think it was dumb to have more elements available than they had finalists because obviously something wasn't going to get chosen but oh well. I wish somebody had done an air witch. I haven't seen that done too much before, unlike the other elements.

I was also disappointed that so many of the witches had a similar head shape. I wish somebody had gone outside the box and done something REALLY different! I feel like we'd already seen that basic shape so many times throughout this competition.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast