+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Season 4

Season 4

SyFy has picked the show up for a Season 4. That's a good thing right?

Re: Season 4

Oh yeah - this is one of those shows that really does have unlimited possibilities, has a small cast so they don't have to always do a double elimination, and allows the contestants time to actually show what they're capable of (and for the most part eliminates the excuse of "I didn't have enough time").
    ness likes this.

YAY!!! Character and monster make up is so in vogue right now with all the TV shows featuring that type of character. This show lets us see how they come together.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I agree Arielflies, but I have one tiny beef... I really wish they'd try and do a beauty makeup or something not all blood and gore and weird hodgepodge of hybrids.

We have Ve, who was a makeup artist on "The Hunger Games" - why NOT do a makeup of a Capitol Citizen as based in the book? Their makeup is odd yes, but it's not this gore stuff - the Capitol citizens have class? (I think Collins would give them permission, since there are some characters if they keep in the entire film franchise that will require some more extensive makeup anyway - why NOT get ideas or use the winner's design in the movie as a prize?).

There's also the paint the person into the panel challenge, which is a makeup used a lot nowadays.

I just wish it wasn't all doom, gloom, and the like all the time. There were several cases NOT this way this year - i.e. Suess, the kids makeups, etc., but it seems it's more than half the time it's the former not the latter.

But there is so much good in this series than bad as far as seeing the human nature of a person (Joe is a huge example of the negative this year, the others did at least have some class in general if not more) in one of these contests. They also take this show seriously as an audition for work post-show too, which I like. Sure there's a winner, but even here the winners tend to do well post-win run too. Example, season 1's winner also worked with Ve on "The Hunger Games" - and this was NOT a prize to win. This means he got work post show because of his work on the show.
    Florimel likes this.

You are right in that monsters ruled season 3. I really like the paint the model(s) into the background challenges from both season 1 and season 2. This past season they seemed to concentrate more on construction than artistry. I, too, hope they at least add one artistic challenge next season.
    ness likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

My DVR has begun to schedule new shows to record. The season is close..
    TripleGemini likes this.

Woo-hoo! I need to check mine. Thanks!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Can't wait until it starts! I agree that I wish they would diversify on the looks instead of always doing horror/blood and gore. I like it when they do different challenges, like makeup one week, prosthetics another, etc. to challenge the contestants to be knowledgable in different techniques.

Looking forward to it, too!

BTW . . .

This book was written in 1976, but you guys might be interested in "The Westmores of Hollywood". It was written by McKenzie's great-uncle Frank Westmore (I THINK he'd be her great-uncle? He was her father Michael's uncle. If I've gotten that wrong, correct me, please!), and Muriel Davidson. In it, Frank tells the story of how the Westmore Hollywood makeup dynasty began back in 1917, with HIS father, George Westmore (who started the very first Hollywood makeup department).

Yep, it's got a few years on it, and Frank Westmore has long since passed away.

But I think you makeup mavens will enjoy the story of the family, the makeup dynasty, and the tricks George and his sons (Mont, Bud, Perc, Ern, Wally and Frank) came up with back in the Dark Ages of Hollywood makeup that wound up on movie screens across the world.

I read it when it first came out, and saw Frank Westmore on various talk shows of the day promoting it. Then, when I got hooked on FaceOff, I remembered it, and found a used copy on Amazon, which I am enjoying re-reading now.

Just thought I'd share that!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I haven't seen Season 3 yet, but I love this show.

I could do without those dance routine challenges though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast