+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 10/23 episode - *spoilers* (Final four challenge)

Re: 10/23 episode - *spoilers* (Final four challenge)

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    ness...dearest....if you MUST spray Oreos, remember to avoid keyboards. Nasty cleanup those keyboards (don't ask me how I know this!)

ITA Roy will see a great deal of interest after this - he is so talented and a great team player. damn funny too. Just keep him away from the wig area and we're good to go.

Do we have any spoilers on what the final challenge is going to be?
    This has been shown in the previews and given process of elimination this must be it:

They are going to create some sort of Halloween/ghoul/monster type makeup of sorts and then they're doing some sort of stunt show to show how stable this makeup really is in action.

This HAS to be the challenge we've seen people go through windows and off the second story onto a mat and the like.

Personally - I love this type of challenge because it IS the kind of makeup people will have to use in real life. Sure the other makeups are useable too; however, they're for more mundane types of action usually walking around and the like.

I'm just hoping that the public vote doesn't turn out like Idol, vote for the guy no matter what. I think either of the ladies deserve to win over Derek. Especially Laura!
    ness and sclilred1 like this.

I just loved the whole Grimm recognition on this episode. I really liked the idea of deducing the monster by the evidence at the "crime scene." That said, Grimm characters are facial changes, not so much body changes (though that can happen.) For that reason, I was dismayed that they didn't stick with face and neck pieces. Well, not actually dismayed, but a tad disappointed. All in all, though, their monsters matched up with the others that they have done for the challenges.

I'm glad Laura's self doubt gave way to a Tim Gunn moment, and she pulled out the win. The coloration on her confused insect was stunning. Derek taking "mouth" advice from the Grimm Make-Up Director was one area that the judges liked. It's the wig, Roy, it's the wig. Nicole's problems fitting the breast plate showed when Ve commented on it not going over the collar bone. I really felt for the model, who probably couldn't wait to unwrap the cellophane from her chest.

Yes, I think we get action make up for the finale. Unfortunately, I have to watch next day so won't get to vote. Darn.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

oh good call...that must be the challenge. Sounds like a good one! I love when they incorporate action into the challenges.
    I wonder if they'll bring back the ousted contenders to help like they did last season. I'm betting no one wants Tommy!
    One thing I did notice on the challenge where Nicole came back (Day of the Dead makeup), Joe wasn't around. I have to wonder if he declined or if the TPTB didn't ask him back.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Oh, no! I forgot it was on last night! That's the problem with ScyFy not being close to the network channels. I have to scroll quite a bit through the tv guide listings or the tv channels to see that it's on. I wasn't even thinking about it last night. Have to see if I can catch it online.
    If you use TVGuide.com, set up the channels you like to watch most on the "Favorite Channels" tab. SyFy will probably still be at the bottom, but at least the list will be shorter :-)

ontenders to help like they did last season. I'm betting no one wants Tommy!
    One thing I did notice on the challenge where Nicole came back (Day of the Dead makeup), Joe wasn't around. I have to wonder if he declined or if the TPTB didn't ask him back.
    Joe flat out walked off the set - meaning he quit. McKenzie was VERY CLEAR he was disqualified from the show. This means that he wouldn't have been able to come back even if he had a change of heart.

Besides, he'd half-muled this chance anyway like he did that first episode. I found him appalling and - as I think he's from the state - a HORRID representative of a Texan.

If I'm not mistaken Nicole's model for this episode is also the same one that Alianna (?) used once before and had the same issue with when it came to a breast plate. They have the mold of the models to use so this should not have been a problem unless the model has become bigger in that area for some reason. I remember seeing Nicole measure the breast area on the mold before she began working on the breast plate. It looked to me as if the model may have had a boob job after the mold had been made.

ness...dearest....if you MUST spray Oreos, remember to avoid keyboards. Nasty cleanup those keyboards (don't ask me how I know this!)

ITA Roy will see a great deal of interest after this - he is so talented and a great team player. damn funny too. Just keep him away from the wig area and we're good to go.

Um, Gala?

Avoid keyboards when ingesting Oreos?

YOU AIN'T NEVER LIED ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!

Nasty cleanup???

Lemme put it THIS way . . .

I will never, EVER look at Q-Tips and toothpicks in the same way, my friend!

AND WHAT MADE IT EVEN WORSE IS THAT I WAS EATING DOUBLESTUF OREOS!!!!!!!

The best lessons ARE self-taught, I guess!!!

Yeah, Roy is gonna rock, after this "Face Off". He already DOES. It's just gonna be on a bigger scale within the industry, now. He's talented as hell, a good person, a team player, and works like a freakin' dray horse.

What's not to hire??????????
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Well, I'm hacked. I always thought Laura and Roy should be in the final 3, with either one of them taking it. Now that he's out, I'm bummed. If Laura doesn't take this, I don't know if I'll be watching next season.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Yeah, Roy is gonna rock, after this "Face Off". He already DOES. It's just gonna be on a bigger scale within the industry, now. He's talented as hell, a good person, a team player, and works like a freakin' dray horse.

What's not to hire??????????
    Nothing quite honestly.

I'd say this much to all of us though - tonight when we see the finale and go and vote - vote specifically for the best person, and don't split votes. If we do that - say split between Laura and Nicole, then Derek could possibly slip through and win.
    ness likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast