Nicole

Top Designs
    Derek

Roy

Laura - WINNER

Bottom Designs
    Alana

Rod - ELIMINATED

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Week 7 Photos - Monster Twist

I still don't get why this wasn't in the bottom three. Nothing in it goes together! It's like a midget (or child), hip-hop baker with a flower fetish. I get the impression that the character was tossing a big cookie in the air like a pizza and it fell on their face. I really think this should have been the losing look this week, although I am glad Rod is gone so we don't have to see more of his big head characters. I got sick of those a few episodes back.

Derek's character looks much better in these pictures than it presented on the runway. It reminds me of an outfit a Native American might wear during a tribal ceremony. It also kind of look likes Cubone/Marowak from Pokemon! lol!

I liked Nicole's character but the problem was I didn't think it looked like her kid's sketch. She added quite a bit to it. This is more like what Derek's kid drew.

Roy and Laura were the clear winners. Their characters look the best and look the most like their kids' sketches.

I will say in fairness to Alana - her kid's design would NOT work in a normal makeup - it was like three lines and a couple of eyes. She had to work more from the kid's description of the monster. That doesn't mean she executed it well - as mentioned you could see the real eyes and one set of nose holes were the same nose as the real person - but she did have a challenge.

Looking at Nicole's - I'm glad she was safe and brought back. It was good. Don't think she'll win but was glad she got a second chance.

Sara's now that I see it it should've been a bottom look not safe. Only Nicole's was safe - but they probably did two here if ONLY to not let the contestants think she was safe only because she came back.

But yeah, no question - Roy and Laura were the clear winners. Too bad they didn't go co-winners here - though I can understand with the prize, and I'm glad out of the two Laura won as a. she hadn't won yet in spite of fantastic designs and b. she was super happy about the prize with it.

I think we all agree that Sarah should have been in the bottom this week. Her "design" does NOT improve with additional viewings!
    But the judges had lost all patience/sympathy for Rod and he was out. My guess is Sarah or Alana is next. Nicole may pull it together and go a few more rounds.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    I think we all agree that Sarah should have been in the bottom this week. Her "design" does NOT improve with additional viewings!
    But the judges had lost all patience/sympathy for Rod and he was out. My guess is Sarah or Alana is next. Nicole may pull it together and go a few more rounds.
    My guess if it were Sarah or Alana:

Alana would be out if she did a bad paint job once again.

Sarah will be out if she once again shows a lack of a true knowledge in Dr. Seuss because of her Mennonite upbringing and uses it as an excuse.

Somehow I think Roy's "I'm going to be in the bottom" comment is more that topsy turvy thing they like to do.

What I worry about is the one who seems to have made a face a lot like one of the characters in "Where the Wild Things Are."

+ Reply to Thread