+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 9/11 Episode Discussion - "Alice in Zombieland" - *spoilers*

Re: 9/11 Episode Discussion - "Alice in Zombieland" - *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    There's not a Ron or a Rob. His name is Rod
    This is what you get when you get a Rod and a Roy in the same season. It's almost as bad as having 2-3 players with the same first names. Thanks Critical.

I may just have to say Cowboy hat (Roy) and injured hand man (Rod) to clarify between the two.

Will admit though that Rod has some good makeup - even if it's not zombie - with that messed up hand of his. In fact, it really makes me wish that Jeff couldn't smashed Quitter Osten's torch in "Survivor" more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Which Disney did you work at, Razorbacker, and doing what?

I interned at Disney World in 1995. I was hired to work at main operations at the Magic Kingdom but also did some work at the ID offices at the Magic Kingdom and Epcot.
    We were there at the same time. I started in 1990 at the Disney MGM Studios as a merchandise host at Mickeys Of Hollywood, transferred to The Yacht Club Resort when it opened but for thast 10 years I did Logistics. Doing mostly Imports. I did all the transportation arrangements for the furniture for the Animal Kiongdom Lodge prior to it's opening. Also helped the Character Department when the Characters had to be somewhere for a show, I got their costumes there for them. It was a lot of fun, got involved in a lot of cool things. I stared in 1990 & left in 2002.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

That's really cool!

I wish I had been able to get a permanent job at Disney after I graduated. I learned a lot working there.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I thought Tommy was going home....but he escaped this one. I gues it was because they liked the rabbit head but the costume was totally wrong.
    Tommy sure DID squeak by with this one.

In addition to the obvious (too-dark makeup and pulsing boils on the scalp), it crossed my mind that Nicole's costuming might've possibly played a part in her ouster, as well.

Here's where I'm going with this thought . . .

Usually and traditionally --- though not ALWAYS --- Alice is depicted as a delicate, almost porcelain-looking blonde with a thin headband that has a centered bow on top. She's usually decked out in a powder-blue dress with a white, kind of Peter Pan collar, and a white apron/pinafore over that. She usually has on white stockings/knee socks, and black Mary Janes.

NICOLE'S Alice, on the other hand, looked like one of Chucky's girlfriends on the lam from his latest movie.

I understand that she wanted to present a "dark" Alice because she liked that idea. But, let's face it, FORGET about the makeup for a second, the costuming/styling on Nicole's "dark" Alice just did not work, either. And she didn't even stop to think for a second that BECAUSE SHE WAS THE ONLY ONE DOING ALICE, if she didn't absolutely NAIL her creation in ALL aspects, that was only going to make her stick out even more with how wrong her total creation was.

Frankly, I think she could've taken Alice's traditional appearance and still zombified that clear into the 22nd century. Hell, she could've even kept the half-eaten bunny with a white-pinafored Alice, and that would've made it even MORE gruesome, I think. Yes, the makeup coloring DID get away from her, and the scalp boils didn't do her any favors, either. But, ultimately, Nicole absolutely got in her own way by taking HER personal taste into consideration and working from there, and completely disregarding what Alice's traditional appearance usually is.

Oh, well. Maybe she's learned something from this.
    Last edited by ness; 09-15-2012 at 01:10 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

The "Scalp boils" were actually supposed to be brains. But you are right Ness - it would've been better for Nicole to have instead used at least a powder blue outfit or white apron type get up for the dress because you're right, she looks more Wednesday Addams (I haven't watched the Chucky movies) than Alice.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    The "Scalp boils" were actually supposed to be brains. But you are right Ness - it would've been better for Nicole to have instead used at least a powder blue outfit or white apron type get up for the dress because you're right, she looks more Wednesday Addams (I haven't watched the Chucky movies) than Alice.
    Oh sure, jade. I knew those were supposed to be brains (Nicole actually said they were, during the construction of the makeup look, I think). But upthread somewhere, I think you said something like: "brains that look like boils.", and that cemented itself into my mind because THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE! I could've thought about it for a MONTH and not come up with whatever it was they actually LOOKED like, 'cause they sure as hell didn't even VAGUELY resemble any brains I'd ever seen.

Dead OR alive.

Your description was right on target.

And so, from that day forward (or whatever), I very happily think of and refer to that pulsating mess she had in Alice's head as "scalp boils"!

LOVE it!!!!!

Oh, and the "Chucky" movies?

If nothing else, PLEASE catch "Bride of Chucky" and you'll see EXACTLY what I meant by saying Nicole's Alice looked like one of Chucky's girlfriends!

And yep, "Wednesday Addams" works and is all good, too!

PerfectaMOONdough!!!!!!!!

LOL!
    Last edited by ness; 09-15-2012 at 06:26 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    She actually called them "boils" a few times during the episode. Did she also say they were brains? I don't remember.
    ness likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

She actually called them "boils" a few times during the episode. Did she also say they were brains? I don't remember.
    Bless her heart.

Looks like her OWN CREATION had her comin' and goin', DON'T it??

"Boils" works just FINE for me, though!!!!!!!!

LOL!

Critical . . .

"Thanks!" and "CONGRATS!!!!!!!!"

You actually remember a LOT more than you THOUGHT you did!

I was going through the DVR for something to catch up watching on, and discovered I HADN'T erased this, yet. Nicole actually DID say "boils" during the creation of the makeup. It was GLENN who actually called it "BRAINS" during the judges' up-close-and-personal eval of the creations. Paul called it "boils" during the final, individual-artist-and-model eval.

So, there WERE brains in there, but it was Glenn who brought 'em up --- in the first place ---in the last part of the show.

Based on WHERE she placed 'em, though, I think it was an easy jump to "brains".

But then again, they actually did look like possessed, fire-engine-red "boils" when she'd finished.

Either way, the doorknob wound up hittin' her in her rear end for that travesty.

And, after seeing all the evals again, let me reiterate:

"BOY, DID TOMMY SQUEAK BY ON THIS ONE!!!!!!"

Ewwwwwwww . . . . . . . . .

I think it was her paint job and costuming that sunk her, mother than the brainy boils. If she hadn't done all that gray and black, it would have been much better. It looked more like Emily Strange as a zombie than Alice.

For me, NONE of the designs - with the exception of Derek and maybe Roy - had enough Alice in Wonderland.
    ness likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast