TOP THREE

Roy - Daggers

Laura - Shells

Sarah - Sea Urchin - WINNER

BOTTOM THREE

Eric - Spyglass

Jason - Jewels

C.C. - Barnacles - ELIMINATED

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Week 2 Photos: Pirate Booty

Thanks for posting the pictures! I can see a lot more detail here than I was able to pick up on my tv at home. For instance, I didn't realize with the seahorse pirate you can see his regular mouth plus the seahorse's "mouth". That's just plain weird. I already didn't care for the seahorse look because it seemed too predictable but now I really don't like it because of that.

It's still hard to tell whose design was worse--CC or Jason's. Her's didn't look like barnacles at all and his had the pirate holding jewels instead of incorporating them into the pirate. They were both equally bad!

My favorites were Derek's, Roy's, and Sarah's. Sarah had the whole package--great makeup, wardrobe, backstory, and use of inspiration piece--so I agree with her being the winner.

I personally felt CC should've been saved over Jason because she at least attempted - even if poorly - to put barnacles into her design. He changed his in essence by putting the Octopus into the pirate and not the jewels.

The challenge SPECIFICALLY said the make up was to incorporate the inspiration into the makeup. Jason's didn't, CC's did. That said, I guess they saw something in Jason's that the let this rule pass and judged more on execution, which CC's was worse.

Thanks for the pics, Critical!

I agree with jadewarlock. If you're talking specifics of the rules of the challenge, then Jason tanked. I think if CC hadn't let herself get so intimidated by the challenge (the way I saw it) and got cracking much earlier, she might not've wound up leaving. She probably would've thought things out a bit more, and maybe observed other makeups as they evolved and picked up hints of what it was that she needed to be doing. Example: having barnacles erupting out of the pirate's scalp, asymmetrically out of the face, neck, up and down the arms, and so on.

And I also agree with pikachu about the best ones. Sarah's costume and makeup were fantastic. As were Roy's. Using the front and back of the pirate's torso as sheaths for her knives was absolute genius, and very well executed. Derek's was very well executed and got the point across well, too.

After that fiasco last week with "The King of the Greasy Curl Mohawk", I AM glad that Tommy did well enough to survive this week. With Rod, Roy and Sarah (so far) on deck (at least), I don't think he's got a chance of winning, but at least he's got a fair shot now at going as far as he can go with this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread