+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3/6 episode discussion *spoilers*

3/6 episode discussion *spoilers*

Well, we have a good solid final three - yes you read right three, while they all thought it'd be a final four like last season.

They are
    Click to see Spoiler:
    RJ, Rayce and Ian
    - really overal the most solid of the final five.

That said, Mike and Sue had wonderful makeups - yes, I do include Sue, that the judges didn't have any harsh criticisms for them either. Harshest was Neil's comments that he didn't like the concept of Sue's Girl power dinosaur; however, Patrick and Ve both said that he just didn't delve into his feminine side.

In fact all the judges admitted that it was going to be hard to choose a final three.

I agree with the final three, and it'll be a good battle. I think though had there been a final four Sue would've won out - and admittedly this time she'd deserve it. Hers had the better pain job with it, she incorporated the human/dinosaur elements better, and was more creative with her design. The other dinosaur/human hybrid looked more human than dinosaur IMHO and the reverse paint job similar to what Rayce did with his monster inspired by Patrick's drawings ended up causing more harm than good, plus the paint job looked weaker and looked like a paint job.

Next week's finals look interesting - and definitely not like last season's challenge.
    Last edited by Critical; 03-08-2012 at 02:06 AM.

Re: 3/6 episode discussion *spoilers*

Sorry on the frowny face at the start - it isn't a sad episode, and I have no idea what happened to create it.

Once the show has aired, we don't consider it a spoiler. West coasters wanting to avoid spoilers can stay out of the thread. So, no need to use spoiler tags

Not sure about the smiley. Weird.

ETA: You must have inadvertently clicked an icon under "Post icons." It's not something we use, so I'd never seen one before.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm so happy with the final 3! We should see a good competition next week. (And yeah, Sue did a good job this week, but I still don't like her, so I'm glad to see her go.)

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

All five kicked it this week. I even liked the gladiator-god though thought his face looked more snake-like than dinosaur. Sue's was light, fun and colorful. If it had been a final four she would have been there. RJ's response of happiness to have advanced on his birthday was a smiley moment. Rayce really pulled this out even though he started over. Ve was so impressed with him using duct tape. I really liked the way Ian incorporated a complete profile with the hump back, but agree the rope belt was a bit tacky.

I also enjoyed the introduction to a couple of the Monster Men cast and their advice during a walk through. I've set up a thread in the Other Reality Shows forum for that show which premiers after next week's FINALE.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Once the show has aired, we don't consider it a spoiler. West coasters wanting to avoid spoilers can stay out of the thread. So, no need to use spoiler tags

Not sure about the smiley. Weird.

ETA: You must have inadvertently clicked an icon under "Post icons." It's not something we use, so I'd never seen one before.
    Oh, OK on the spoiler thing - wasn't sure (been a long few days too).

And glad to find something for you guys to realize could happen on title slugs so it's an easy catch.

Dissapointed that Sue did not advance. The only negative comment came from ( forgive me for not remembering his name) cranky old dude and his negative comment was more personal asthetic ( he hates colorful creations and he actually followed that comment with by saying he didn't have a legitimate reason to back it up with). In fact, the judges had huge smiles on their faces (other than cranky old dude) when looking at, examing and discussing Sue's girl power dino. So, I'm a bit confused as to why she didn't make the cut. I loved the rapper dino but thought the one with the hump looked clunky, especially the profile. Maybe I missed something but it just seemed flat, color wise and the brown rag of an outfit was terrible. The fact that Sue had a fully realized character with great make-up and little details that were well thought out should have afforded her a shot in the finals. Nothing was haphazard or slapped on last minute.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

+ Reply to Thread